Thai police gear up for increase in international crime post pandemic - favorable conditions attract international criminals

webfact

On 5/31/2022 at 5:43 PM, webfact said:

Comments by a senior police inspector suggested that the geographical location of the country and its favorable conditions made it an ideal base for crime

Has nothing to do with geographical location

Has everything to do with Thai Cops can be bought & paid for period

Ask Red Bull Heir...heck ask anyone stopped for anything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, actonion said:

Could the favourable conditions be a police service, its not a force is it,  that can't do it's job

Always considered the word Force to be a typo in Thailand when talking about the police.

Can't say the word as don't want a uninvited holiday. :smile:

On 6/1/2022 at 3:29 PM, wwest5829 said:

Pol Gen Wisanu Prasatthongosot

National Police Inspector

Sir,

First I apologize for my lack of ability to write in the Thai language. At age 75, I have struggled with the language even as my Thai Wife and Stepdaughter have struggled with English. Still, allow me to suggest some way to free up Policing duties in order to address any rise in "foreigner" criminal activity.

My recommendation would be to work with Royal Thai  Immigration, clearing the need to deal with those of us long term stay foreigners who have established a long term residency in Thailand which is trouble free. A new category of "Permanent Residency", aimed at the long term foreign retirees, meeting "Extension of Stay" requirements and having Thai families should be recognized as "Permanent Residents". This is a category of foreigners, in the data base with which you would little, if any concern.

You can't read or write Thai but you want permanent residency?

Proficiency in the local language including reading and writing should be (and is, thankfully) the first mandatory step in obtaining any sort of permanence here.

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You can't read or write Thai but you want permanent residency?

Proficiency in the local language including reading and writing should be (and is, thankfully) the first mandatory step in obtaining any sort of permanence here.

Yes, … you are correct. I would like a reciprocal agreement on the same basis as with a Thai citizen gaining American citizenship in the USA. You oppose equality?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 10:43 AM, webfact said:

and as a hideout for international fugitives. 

impossible!!   I tried to hide, using every available stealth technology

smart car got me!!!!  

If you are an international criminal and reading this, the smart car will get you!!!!   

• Haha 1