Expect The Unexpected - That's Thailand

Forum moderators, please move this post to whatever forum you feel is appropriate. Its much busier here than 20 years ago ! 

Dear members, 

We done our first Thai Pass application today. Coming home for the first time in 3 years. 

After quadruple checking and psyching ourselves up for the process, all went really well..... until.......

We get our pass and they fnkued up the dates. ????  yep. Our visit according to our Thai Pass is 2 days. When im 110% we entered correct dates. 

In email they wrote >

1. 1. You can check or edit your submission by accessing tp.consular.go.th and entering your personal key code, email and passport number.
  2. 2. If your airline requires additional documents, kindly prepare the additional required documents, or you may be denied boarding.

So, we went to the page and the " link " to " Change information" is ghosted and wont work. 

We will obviously have to call them to find out the GO, but it is a typical example of expect the unexpected. No sweat as we have been travelling there for 30 years.

I guess the reason for my post is to ask if anyone else has experienced this particular problem, if so please share with the hope more people can understand to expect the unexpected.  

Chang Beer up ! 

1 minute ago, BAKABAS said:

In our email they wrote >

Yes, entered details and once there i couldn't change details 

Typical!

In reality provided your arrival date is correct it probably doesn't matter now the Imprisonment on Arrival (sorry "quarantine") isn't a thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well there has been a world pandemic and it ain't finished in Thailand yet so what do expect there's bound to be mistakes made. 

Dude, these " mistakes" are part of the reason i love Thailand. ????  its been happening for decades, <deleted> to a pandemic excuse  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Typical!

In reality provided your arrival date is correct it probably doesn't matter now the Imprisonment on Arrival (sorry "quarantine") isn't a thing.

yeah, im over reacting and not worried at all upon arrival, but it does warrant me posting this for anyone that's new to the ways of expecting the unexpected. cheers. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BAKABAS said:

yeah, im over reacting and not worried at all upon arrival, but it does warrant me posting this for anyone that's new to the ways of expecting the unexpected. cheers. 

Appreciated.

I for one have never read a similar post to yours so you coped a glitch.

As you stated you have correct entry date so can't see an issue.

@Sheryl is clued up on the TP.

Might assist. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Appreciated.

I for one have never read a similar post to yours so you coped a glitch.

As you stated you have correct entry date so can't see an issue.

@Sheryl is clued up on the TP.

Might assist. 

Thank you for the reply. I will need to call the embassy about this. I'm sure they don't need the hassle either.

Such is life. i just wont tell my friends, as they are all holding off returning due to their lack of PC skills required for the pass. In some ways it validates the comments made by social media giants in Thailand. Specifically trying to get the pass dropped all together. I work on computers 12 hours a day for last 25 years and if i have glitches, they definatley need to drop this pass.

I'd like to hear if anyone has experienced the same . 

Thanks DrJack54

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BAKABAS said:

Dude, these " mistakes" are part of the reason i love Thailand. ????  its been happening for decades, <deleted> to a pandemic excuse  

Fair call, I have just dealt with it how ever it comes living here, its no sweat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As i understand it, any attempt to change details (even if the link were working) will cancel the Pass entirely and start the process all over.

The Passes are now valid for 7 days before and 7 days after whenever it is they think you plan to come.  Does what you got encompass the actual arrival date? If so you should be OK. If not then you need to reapply with correct dates.

And yes, the pass is a hassle, unnecessary and needs to be abolished!!

Hi Sheryl, 

Ah, your comments now shed more light on the Thai Pass. The dates Entry From and Entry Until cover the actual arrival date when we will be entering the Kingdom, which they have stated a 3 day window.

Am i now correct in saying that the Entry Until date is not the date i need to leave the Kingdom ? in other words, its only an entry pass and does not have a time period to exit. ?

Am i on the right track now ? 

thanks for your assistance. ???? 

1 hour ago, BAKABAS said:

Am i now correct in saying that the Entry Until date is not the date i need to leave the Kingdom ? in other words, its only an entry pass and does not have a time period to exit. ?

Yes.  Here's a clip of mine and it means I can enter any time between 29th May and 12th June.  Not sure why yours would give what appears to be a 2 day window when a 15 day window has been in place for a few weeks now, unless you changed or made a mistake with your original travel date.

image.png.e3ea8db9e50526497aefd580e2a4c0c7.png

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As i understand it, any attempt to change details (even if the link were working) will cancel the Pass entirely and start the process all over.

The Passes are now valid for 7 days before and 7 days after whenever it is they think you plan to come.  Does what you got encompass the actual arrival date? If so you should be OK. If not then you need to reapply with correct dates.

And yes, the pass is a hassle, unnecessary and needs to be abolished!!

On the same subject as change of flight details.They ask for a Flight number for example Tg917.I want to get my Thai pass first so will look at what flight I will probably book and use that flight number.Get the pass back then book my flight.

If for some reason I cant get that flight so book with different airline.Do you think I would need a new Thai pass.Also if the flight is indirect two flights would be used to get there.I assume they want flight number that arrives in Bangkok?

Thanks

On 6/2/2022 at 7:52 AM, treetops said:

Yes.  Here's a clip of mine and it means I can enter any time between 29th May and 12th June.  Not sure why yours would give what appears to be a 2 day window when a 15 day window has been in place for a few weeks now, unless you changed or made a mistake with your original travel date.

image.png.e3ea8db9e50526497aefd580e2a4c0c7.png

Thanks Treetops, 

i may have changed during the pass as i added extra information, thinking that was the extra people in my group. once i clicked back /back/back to re-enter it  correctly, it may have triggered the smaller window but i wouldnt have thought so as i dont imagine it to be realt time until i hit the submit button. Not a biggy now i haw been enlighted by you good folk here. i only need 8.5 hour to get there, so 3 days should be ample. 

I have spoken to my friends who have been follwing my experience for thier return and have clued them in on the ENTRY UNTIL definifion , which means that when the entry pass runs out, not necassarily when your entire holidy/visit is deadlined at. It all makes sense now.  Would be better if it said ENTRY PASS VAILD TILL . Cheers . 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 2:55 AM, BAKABAS said:

Am i on the right track now ? 

thanks for your assistance. ???? 

You would need to arrive in Thailand not  later than the date listed as "valid for entry until"

Thailand Pass now gives 3 days from expected date of arrival, not +/- 7 days as before.  Mine was issued as pictured above, but now says from 5th June until 8th June.  This change is also mentioned on the Thailand Pass website although I've not seen any official publicity regarding it.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 11:39 PM, treetops said:

Thailand Pass now gives 3 days from expected date of arrival, not +/- 7 days as before.  Mine was issued as pictured above, but now says from 5th June until 8th June.  This change is also mentioned on the Thailand Pass website although I've not seen any official publicity regarding it.

Correct. I should have specified "the date listed as "valid for entry until" " when you scan the QR code.

Which may differ from what was printed on the pass you initially got, if you got it a few weeks ago.