Why not let everybody be happy!?

2 is 1

North Ireland, Kurdish, Palestinian........ Why not let everybody have they own piece they own or where they want to be in!? Why fight? Why want to control people who you can't to! Why need to fight/ not talk! Civilization has make own rules to some and respect only own ones! Not listen other opinion and not let they voices to be heard! Why!? Peace should be in first rule in every way! People rule in every democratic nation and still we choose idiots to make our choice's! Why!? Education level has drop really much and people only watch youtube and other social media whitout really indrest real world! And stupidity grow every place!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm as happy as any 66 year old guy could be.

Not really bothered if everyone else is happy or not.

It's all about me ........ me, me, me, me, me!

Im always happy for you , you dont give a F! Yeah one point! And noted! Can be and so what. Happy for you if you not get noted what happen round off you maybe hit you in some point! Normaly i dont care f what other people doing coz not effect me! But what you do if start effect you! Still spectical or stay home "boy" nothing to see here!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Let me guess, your nickname's not D'Artagnan and you don't support Man Utd ?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Add to that the south of Thailand if you want to make it relevant to the forum in some way. There will always be a difference of opinion. In any given geographical area there will be a minority who feels oppression based on religion or race or sexuality. I'm from NI and there is no one size fits all solution. I dont agree with the conflicts but i understand their origins - on both sides. If the op has a solution there's a nobel prize in it for ye. One things for sure in life - u cant please everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I one point "envy" ????you! But then i woke and start live again! You have live and i know had many things what many boys here cant never have! I have had few moment my own. I know you have had many but who care a F! Only loosers count. You have had your gold years and you are done , you know blue bills not do any good or is there still nice a..sss.?

• Confused 1

You ask a fair, age-old question; one that has many different and sometimes contradictory answers. 

The first, most basic answer is........ 

Some land has resources and is valuable, and some land has little or no resources and is not. 

So, two groups may WANT to peacefully occupy their own piece of land.......... but if one has water and the other doesn't, that's a problem. 

If one has fertile, productive soil and the other doesn't, that's a problem. 

If one has abundant forest land and the other doesn't, that's a problem.

(One lesser known tidbit about Ireland: One of the primary reasons why England wanted to own and dominate Ireland hundreds of years ago.......... was because, at the time, Ireland was heavily forested. Before the rise of coal, England had already deforested great swaths of their own country for building materials and fuel. Meanwhile demand for fuel kept increasing!

So, because reforestation takes way too long to be productive............. conquering Ireland with their abundant forests.......... became a natural alternative.)

-----------------

Now, it would be great if we could all get along and see the benefit of pooling our resources. Unfortunately, some resources are more valuable than others............ and some resources are more abundant than others. There is no such thing as All-Things-Being-Equal. 

Ultimately and inevitably, someone is going to feel short-changed when they start exchanging resources. The guy with the water, for example, may not feel he's being sufficiently compensated for his water............. so he shuts it off! No water, and fertile land becomes as useless as desert! And that's how conflicts get started..........!

Fertile Land guy, having been left stranded by Water Land guy, now has decisions to make. He can accept his fate of starvation and death. He can submit to the seemingly unreasonable demands of Water-Land guy. Or

......... he can fight. 

He can fight to try to convince Water Land guy to be more reasonable. Or he can fight to take Water Land guy's land away from him........... and then he'll have both Fertile Land AND Water! 

See how easy that is? 

----------------

Now, if all lands were equal and capable of sustaining the people who want or need to live there............ that would be one thing.

But it ISN'T that way.

It's not even close to being that way! 

So, when you say [paraphrasing] "Let's just let everyone have their own land and live in peace"..........

........... it's far, far, FAR from being that simple. 

Even my hyper-simplified example above shows how easily conflict can arise!

Then, when you throw in history and memories and cultural differences and religious differences......... and about a thousand other factors........... it's just not hard to see why conflicts seem to go on and on. 

----------------

What you ask and suggest is truly a worthwhile sentiment. I have no doubt about that. 

But we're talking about human beings here, and human beings don't value all the same things in all the same ways. So it's inevitable that conflicts are going to arise. 

The saying says......... "All Men Are Created Equal, [er, People!]" and technically, that's true. 

But as soon as that person leaves the womb............ those "Equal People" start to diverge and become separate, individual people, with strengths and weaknesses, assets and liabilities. 

While everyone may be CREATED equal............ no one even makes it passed their very first day without becoming LESS EQUAL......... in some important, life-altering way! 

So it's great to hope and wish that people would just get along. But that's just not how our species is made! We clawed our way up from prey to predator, and finally to the top of the food chain. Ugly though it may be, those instincts still live within us, deeply encoded into our DNA! 

That's never going to change. 

Cheers! 

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

And if there were no wars, nor weapons, think of the money saved and the wonderful ways that could be used... 

No my stocks and shares in weapons manufaturerers would be worthless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

You ask a fair, age-old question; one that has many different and sometimes contradictory answers. 

The first, most basic answer is........ 

Some land has resources and is valuable, and some land has little or no resources and is not. 

So, two groups may WANT to peacefully occupy their own piece of land.......... but if one has water and the other doesn't, that's a problem. 

If one has fertile, productive soil and the other doesn't, that's a problem. 

If one has abundant forest land and the other doesn't, that's a problem.

(One lesser known tidbit about Ireland: One of the primary reasons why England wanted to own and dominate Ireland hundreds of years ago.......... was because, at the time, Ireland was heavily forested. Before the rise of coal, England had already deforested great swaths of their own country for building materials and fuel. Meanwhile demand for fuel kept increasing!

So, because reforestation takes way too long to be productive............. conquering Ireland with their abundant forests.......... became a natural alternative.)

-----------------

Now, it would be great if we could all get along and see the benefit of pooling our resources. Unfortunately, some resources are more valuable than others............ and some resources are more abundant than others. There is no such thing as All-Things-Being-Equal. 

Ultimately and inevitably, someone is going to feel short-changed when they start exchanging resources. The guy with the water, for example, may not feel he's being sufficiently compensated for his water............. so he shuts it off! No water, and fertile land becomes as useless as desert! And that's how conflicts get started..........!

Fertile Land guy, having been left stranded by Water Land guy, now has decisions to make. He can accept his fate of starvation and death. He can submit to the seemingly unreasonable demands of Water-Land guy. Or

......... he can fight. 

He can fight to try to convince Water Land guy to be more reasonable. Or he can fight to take Water Land guy's land away from him........... and then he'll have both Fertile Land AND Water! 

See how easy that is? 

----------------

Now, if all lands were equal and capable of sustaining the people who want or need to live there............ that would be one thing.

But it ISN'T that way.

It's not even close to being that way! 

So, when you say [paraphrasing] "Let's just let everyone have their own land and live in peace"..........

........... it's far, far, FAR from being that simple. 

Even my hyper-simplified example above shows how easily conflict can arise!

Then, when you throw in history and memories and cultural differences and religious differences......... and about a thousand other factors........... it's just not hard to see why conflicts seem to go on and on. 

----------------

What you ask and suggest is truly a worthwhile sentiment. I have no doubt about that. 

But we're talking about human beings here, and human beings don't value all the same things in all the same ways. So it's inevitable that conflicts are going to arise. 

The saying says......... "All Men Are Created Equal, [er, People!]" and technically, that's true. 

But as soon as that person leaves the womb............ those "Equal People" start to diverge and become separate, individual people, with strengths and weaknesses, assets and liabilities. 

While everyone may be CREATED equal............ no one even makes it passed their very first day without becoming LESS EQUAL......... in some important, life-altering way! 

So it's great to hope and wish that people would just get along. But that's just not how our species is made! We clawed our way up from prey to predator, and finally to the top of the food chain. Ugly though it may be, those instincts still live within us, deeply encoded into our DNA! 

That's never going to change. 

Cheers! 

Well I started to read your reply then I saw how long it was and gave up, short is best.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

North Ireland, Kurdish, Palestinian........ Why not let everybody have they own piece they own or where they want to be in!? Why fight?

They want the land and don't want the other people there, mostly.  People can be pretty awful.  It's human nature.

12 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

My father told me!: DONT SHOUT NEXT TABLE IF YOU ARE NOT STRONGER THAN THAT TABLE!

So if you are stronger than them it's okay? Kind of seems to contradict your original point....?

19 hours ago, JayClay said:

So if you are stronger than them it's okay? Kind of seems to contradict your original point....?

Thats the point! Never shout stronger than you! Is that good advice i say it is! If you have better you can share? I just stop to get life whit "wife"! Elephant has only enough grass as they eat! Love Thailand butt much more love Filipina woman! Thai...... bla bla bla ... Filipina know how haddle man! Britman know it even seddle down in hes own !

Edited by 2 is 1

On 6/1/2022 at 6:52 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

my father told me never take a partner and don't trust a man with 2 first names - like John Edwards

I have 3 name! Only my son and mom know all of them! All start whit M! Funny when my son  get baptim, that priest told him (lay on my lap) you not pagan anymore! I say but father is! 

Edited by 2 is 1

4 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Thats the point! Never shout stronger than you! Is that good advice i say it is!

So if I am stronger than somebody I can shout as much as I like?

Sounds very much like the society we are already in, to be honest.

Sorry I can't respond to the rest of your post because I can't even begin to understand what you're trying to say 

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:17 AM, 2 is 1 said:

I have 3 name! Only my son and mom know all of them! All start whit M! Funny when my son  get baptim, that priest told him (lay on my lap) you not pagan anymore! I say but father is! 

Mickey Mouse