Legal victory for Johnny Depp after he and Amber Heard found liable for defamation

webfact

She looked liked she was lying. Her on the stand acting left a lot to be desired

She lost, gender does not matter. Get on with your life now Johnny.

Oh, and she is ugly but will now make a fortune on the chat shows where she can practice her facial expressions again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Oh, and she is ugly but will now make a fortune on the chat shows where she can practice her facial expressions again.

I'm guessing the talk shows will be wary of defamation actions.

What else could she talk about?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I followed this case pretty closely and it was good to see justice served.

Amber Heard was clearly lying. For an actress, she was incredibly unconvincing on the stand. Now her career is in tatters, pretty much unemployable due to the wave of public opinion against her and she will likely be made bankrupt by the damages awarded. 

She could have just taken the 7 million divorce settlement and carried on with her life of luxury and Hollywood career. Not too smart that one.   

Both their careers have been damaged by this case. They are toxic for any large production and will be very surprised if either lands any major roles in the near future.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I would disagree. Prior to this 2022 case Johnny Depp had been labelled a domestic violence abuser. Now, even though his drug and alcohol issues have been exposed during the trial, he has been cleared of the accusation of domestic and sexual violence.

I'd rather be known as someone who drinks too much and takes drugs than a wife beater and perpetrator of sexual assault. 

Depp has experienced huge public support during the trial. Countless friends and ex partners spoke glowingly under oath about his decency as a human being. He had won his reputation back in the court of public opinion long before yesterday's verdict. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him landing major roles going forward. 

"In actuality, the delivery of a verdict is not likely to dramatically improve the future prospects of either. Hollywood studios will be wary of hiring an actor with so many distressing abuse accusations against him and so Depp – by far the more successful and high-profile actor of the two – is not likely to find work in a big-budget mainstream film in the foreseeable future, not least because their own workforces are increasingly activist and could well refuse to work on a Depp project, as Hachette’s did with Woody Allen’s autobiography."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jun/01/johnny-depp-amber-heard-court-verdict-career-prospects

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

The Guardian? ???? 

Their opinion was also that Amber Heard was an 'imperfect victim'.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/22/metoo-is-over-if-we-dont-listen-to-imperfect-victims-like-amber-heard

That's an interesting way to describe someone who fabricated a sexual assault to destroy the reputation of an innocent man.

Forgive me if I dismiss their ridiculous editorial pieces. Their opinion on Depp's future career and Heard's career as an 'activist' are irrelevant. She'll be lucky to escape perjury charges after lying about donating her divorce settlement to charity.

So just ignoring all the industry insiders views that were quoted in the story...quelle surprise

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So just ignoring all the industry insiders views that were quoted in the story...quelle surprise

Actual quotes from named sources pertain to what was happening before this trial.

Only The Guardian's hack and a conveniently unnamed 'insider' offered an opinion on what happens now. It's the hack's personal opinion i.e. irrelevant.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

That was the case where the Judge's son worked at TalkRadio alongside the Sun reporter who posted the defamatory allegation that Depp was a wife beater?

Possible conflict of interest there.

nonetheless, he lost

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Actual quotes from named sources pertain to what was happening before this trial.

Only The Guardian's hack and a conveniently unnamed 'insider' offered an opinion on what happens now. It's the hack's personal opinion i.e. irrelevant.

Ha ha ha, so you think personal opinions are irrelevant on forum you post personal opinions on. 

LOL

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Ha ha ha, so you think personal opinions are irrelevant on forum you post personal opinions on. 

LOL

No I'm saying it's no more important than yours or mine.

Which makes me wonder why you posted it in the first place - since what some Guardian hack thinks proves nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFishman1 said:

Johnny’s face looks really old and fat when he stood up he really looks like he gained a bunch of weight but she still looks pretty hot I think

Yeah she's gorgeous. Just don't spend too much on the bed linen ????.

He's put on a lot of weight during the trial. Must have been a stressful period. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Johnny’s face looks really old and fat when he stood up he really looks like he gained a bunch of weight but she still looks pretty hot I think

JD= 58y.o.

AH=36y.o.

So, I think your looks comparison is a little off track....????

• Confused 1