UK Pension Payment Late?

I usually get a letter  from the UK Pension people in April telling me how much I have to  pay in Class 2 Contributions.

This year it hasn't come, or so my ex-neighbour says. I moved province. 

Has anyone else got the letter yet? Can they send out another letter if I call them?

Add the total collapse, in some areas, of the Thai Postal Service on top of the Civil Service pretending to work from home, you may have retired long before you  receive your letter, if ever. Best to get on the dog and bone.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I usually get a letter  from the UK Pension people in April telling me how much I have to  pay in Class 2 Contributions.

Had mine for Class 3 with letter dated 2nd April for period 11th April 2021 to 9th April 2022. I don't understand the specific dates which don't seem to match the tax year......but what do I know.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I moved province. 

Have you changed your address with them and if not why not?

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Got mine February 9th 

For which year? I thought they would not tell you until the current tax year was done presumably in case you happened to have some earnings that qualified anyway.

21 minutes ago, topt said:

For which year? I thought they would not tell you until the current tax year was done presumably in case you happened to have some earnings that qualified anyway.

For payments 10 April 2022 to 08 April 2023

43 minutes ago, topt said:

Had mine for Class 3 with letter dated 2nd April for period 11th April 2021 to 9th April 2022. I don't understand the specific dates which don't seem to match the tax year......but what do I know.

Have you changed your address with them and if not why not?

I thought all people abroad these days could get class 2, it's much cheaper -  about 150 quid a year.

I haven't changed my address as I am renting in my new town  and moving soon, My old house has a neighbour who will send stuff on. 

You don't need to earn to pay these voluntary contributions.

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I thought all people abroad these days could get class 2, it's much cheaper

Nope, or not normally. Only if you were working abroad with some other caveats. 

I know it's much cheaper as I tried to get it but was told had to pay Class 3 :sad:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/voluntary-national-insurance-contributions/

You can choose to pay voluntary class 2 national insurance (NI) contributions if you live and work abroad. The only requirement is that you worked in the UK immediately before leaving, and that you previously lived in the UK for at least three years in a row or paid at least three years of NI contributions. If you've retired abroad, you'll need to pay class 3 NI. 

Edited by topt
quote added

Surely paying by direct debit is the logical answer to this conundrum. That's how I paid when I was working abroad and I never had to give them a second's thought. And nowadays of course, it's easy peasy to check up on your payments and pay if you wish via your on line personal tax account.

Nothing could be simpler.

• Like 1