Arrested foreigners uncooperative with Phuket police after Russian woman dies in balcony fall

webfact

19 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Just another normal day in places like Phuket and Pattaya

I think you mean TEXAS - USA - Or The UK or Pakistan  or India etc etc Try reading a newspaper to develop  a more  balanced view, a world  view - Phuket  and Pattaya  have an incredibly low rate of crime and violence compared  to other cities especially  compared  to hear  in the UK...

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Hahahahaa....  I'm sure that the RTP will be grateful for your investigative advice!

...my reply was to a poster to explain in simple terms the procedure as they appeared not to know and were speculating. The RTP Forensic Science Dept. are very skilled and thorough.

17 hours ago, itsari said:

The change gave a judge more room to move when a defended used the right to remain silent .

At least you now acknowledge there was a change which was significant.

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge that nowhere in the world does a defendant's exercising his right to silence or to not incriminate himself mean that he could be found guilty based on that right alone, i.e. with no evidence against him.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

It's a shame that you can't acknowledge that nowhere in the world does a defendant's exercising his right to silence or to not incriminate himself mean that he could be found guilty based on that right alone, i.e. with no evidence against him.

You are not correct in your understanding of the right to silence .

I have told you of a change in the law in  1995 . That is not my imagination. 

Go and look at the changes and look at the background why before you mock me . Yet I really don't mind that as I know where the real ignorance is coming from.

Have a good day Sir 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, itsari said:

You are not correct in your understanding of the right to silence .

I have told you of a change in the law in  1995 . That is not my imagination. 

Go and look at the changes and look at the background why before you mock me . Yet I really don't mind that as I know where the real ignorance is coming from.

Have a good day Sir 

Thank you, my learned friend.   

Silence, on it's own, will never convict a defendant.

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thank you too, 

Silence alone will not convict a person but will not necessarily help there case . Not anymore after the law change in 1995 

6 minutes ago, itsari said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thank you too, 

Silence alone will not convict a person

Thank you for conceding that, at last, I have argued nothing else but that through this thread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thank you for conceding that, at last, I have argued nothing else but that through this thread.

I have conceded nothing to be perfectly honest.

You have the right to remain silent yet this is considered a admission of guilt in many countries. UK is one of them 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, itsari said:

You have the right to remain silent yet this is considered a admission of guilt in many countries. UK is one of them 

"the right to remain silent..."

That alone will never get a conviction in any court, anywhere.

54 minutes ago, itsari said:

That is a gross over simplification of the facts. A silence may be taken into account, it may even work against him/her if they withhold information they want to use later in their defense, but it can never be used as a straight up admission of guilt. How can exercising your legal right be grounds for conviction? Utterly perverse! And please, drop the "do your own research" line. This is normally indicative of a troll. But, you have the right to remain silent, etc etc etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Thank you too, 

Silence alone will not convict a person but will not necessarily help there case . Not anymore after the law change in 1995 

Read the legislation as per the Parliament as posted

However your interpretation of UK legislation is irrelevant to Thai law and judgements, irrespective of your viewpoint

Edited by RJRS1301

Thread hijackers....please stop!

Back on topic....has anyone taken note of the spiral staircase on the balcony that connects the two floors of the apartment on the 7th and 8th floors? Also the picture that shows her with her leg around a pylon like structure?

On 6/3/2022 at 5:54 AM, riverhigh said:

Found dead clutching human hair. Looks like a fight took place before she allegedly fell off the balcony, Me thinks homicide involving drugs. Looking at her rough face complexion, it looks like she is no stranger to drugs. Suspects not co-operative. No real suprise, since when have drug addicts been co-operative. 

Yes, Hastings.......????

Poirot.jpg.c809f0ec02f52a721f8c7829efdf0dfb.jpg

Just now, Bruno123 said:

Maybe they count the rooftop area as another floor, as there is furniture up there.

Actually it begs the question as to how anyone knows what floor she fell from. One report says the 3 suspects were all found in a room, were then released, whereafter the Jordanian legged it to the airport. As someone has pointed out, bad journalism and lost in translation seem to be equally to blame here. Not for her death obviously, but for the amount of gratuitous speculation they engender.

Just now, bradiston said:

Actually it begs the question as to how anyone knows what floor she fell from. One report says the 3 suspects were all found in a room, were then released, whereafter the Jordanian legged it to the airport. As someone has pointed out, bad journalism and lost in translation seem to be equally to blame here. Not for her death obviously, but for the amount of gratuitous speculation they engender.

Does it matter? We haven't been asked to solve the crime. Everything here is speculation. As long as it is done in a respectful manner, it's not an issue. The people who were there know and the police probably have a good idea with regard to being on the scene and assessing the evidence.

A post has been removed, topic would seem to be not just about remaining silent but also about balconies and railings:

On Wednesday, the Phuket police chief, Police Major General Sermphan Sirikhon told reporters that his officers are still looking at three theories in the case which include death as the result of an unfortunate accident, suicide or the possibility that this may be a homicide incident.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"the right to remain silent..."

That alone will never get a conviction in any court, anywhere.

It will not help if there is evidence the police have against you .period

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

That is a gross over simplification of the facts. A silence may be taken into account, it may even work against him/her if they withhold information they want to use later in their defense, but it can never be used as a straight up admission of guilt. How can exercising your legal right be grounds for conviction? Utterly perverse! And please, drop the "do your own research" line. This is normally indicative of a troll. But, you have the right to remain silent, etc etc etc.

Nothing to do what I think , it is how the law is working .

I will not drop the do your own research as I am not obligated to send anything to prove my opinion.

I am offended by your statement that I am a troll .

Go and have a look at your self before making accusations.

Have a good day

1 minute ago, itsari said:

Nothing to do what I think , it is how the law is working .

I will not drop the do your own research as I am not obligated to send anything to prove my opinion.

I am offended by your statement that I am a troll .

Go and have a look at your self before making accusations.

Have a good day

Appeal dismissed