Thailand stops reporting ATK self-administration and asymptomatic infections, reduces daily updates to twice a month, CCSA says

webfact

image.jpeg

By Nop Meechukhun

National – The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has scrapped reporting the number of infections with ATK self-administration and asymptomatic out of their daily updates and reduced the daily announcement to 2 times a month.

CCSA deputy spokesperson Dr. Sumanee Watcharasin said during the daily conference today, June 2nd, that the CCSA would change its reports by only including the infections with critical health conditions and who are being treated at hospitals and hospitels, starting this month.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The announcement will be reduced to twice a month, every other week on Thursdays.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/02/thailand-stops-reporting-atk-self-administration-and-asymptomatic-infections-reduces-daily-updates-to-twice-a-month-ccsa-says/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Realising how trivial it has become in the great scheme of things, expect someone in power will be dropping masks next. Yeah right!

Phuket just dropped the mask mandate there, and BKK's new Governor is looking at doing it here as well.  The issue now isn't the reporting it is the fact that they will still use the virus as a reason to keep the emergency decree in place and the Thai pass.  As many countries have always had an application process for a tourist Visa, be it a Visa on arrival like you need to enter into Laos at a border crossing or even enter Vietnam, e-visa, Thailands Thai pass will stay as long as they believe it is necessary.  However, the Thai pass will not keep people in the country already from spreading the virus, much like a common cold, or the Flu has been spread in the past.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Even I have stopped looking at these numbers now... it is done, dusted, just the cobwebs to clean up. 

(And what did we learn from it all?)

Never done and dusted, but has become more like the reporting which few look at for the Flu, Dengue fever etc....We will always have Covid cases, and people who are sick from having the virus should isolate themselves from others like they have in the past with the Flu, the common cold, yet it was only a fraction that were thoughtful of others and did it while many others went to work and so on, and without a mask as they coughed, spat and sneezed those germs across the buses, MRT/BTS, and even in Malls and shopping centers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Even I have stopped looking at these numbers now... it is done, dusted, just the cobwebs to clean up. 

(And what did we learn from it all?)

I will tell you what I learned.  There are some cracking looking young nurses giving us or assisting the process for our free Pfizer vaccinations in Udon Thani.  I have only had three visits but it is a shame it will not be forever ????   

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Phuket just dropped the mask mandate there, and BKK's new Governor is looking at doing it here as well. 

They have just reversed this decision and masks must still be worn.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, worrab said:

They have just reversed this decision and masks must still be worn.

Flip Flopping continues.  Someone must have had their rear end torn apart by a higher power.  This is starting to become and endemic issue, no not Covid, but the flip flopping.

• Like 1

What I learned is that getting 2 vaccines and one booster, saved my life. I contracted COVID, likely omicron and

took 9 days before finally testing negative with the rapid tests. I also have been to funerals of some of my friends,

and two family members who were much younger than me, but they did not want the vax, and now their wives are

widows. That is what I learned. Has any other posters lost someone close to them? One of my cousins who died, I was close 

to, and miss him now. I see posters on this forum who seem to be lucky people, but do not appreciate that they are still

living.  JUST SAYING..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Never done and dusted, but has become more like the reporting which few look at for the Flu, Dengue fever etc....We will always have Covid cases, and people who are sick from having the virus should isolate themselves from others like they have in the past with the Flu, the common cold, yet it was only a fraction that were thoughtful of others and did it while many others went to work and so on, and without a mask as they coughed, spat and sneezed those germs across the buses, MRT/BTS, and even in Malls and shopping centers.

I have learned many can be very self centered and inconsiderate of others I suppose. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:11 AM, webfact said:

CCSA deputy spokesperson Dr. Sumanee Watcharasin said during the daily conference today, June 2nd, that the CCSA would change its reports by only including the infections with critical health conditions and who are being treated at hospitals and hospitels, starting this month.

Someone should tell that nut, what's his name, Anut something or rather, the real ugly so called health minister who isn't a Dr at all, but holds that portfolio.