Where to get adult ADHD Testing?

themechanic

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What do you plan to do with this information if you are diagnosed?  I've often thought that I match pretty much all the symptoms of ADD, but isn't it a little late once you're an adult?

I wish I had known about it when I was at school.

What do you mean little late? I am not dead nor have I given up on life. If I can be medicated I intend to achieve my goals and get ahead, be more productive and fulfilled.

3 hours ago, themechanic said:

What do you mean little late? I am not dead nor have I given up on life. If I can be medicated I intend to achieve my goals and get ahead, be more productive and fulfilled.

What do you do now to ease your struggles? 

There are some key things that might help, like your daily routines, stay away from known trigger factors, diet, alcohol, sleep, exercise and relaxing techniques. All this is common things to control or do if you struggle no matter diagnose you might have. 

Edited by Hummin

• 2 years later...
Posted (edited)

Posting a followup to this.

Eric @ Lighthouse linked to above administered a TOVA test and thorough questionnaire to me and gave me my official diagnosis 2 years ago.

However, he can't prescribe the medication and he referred me to Dr. Donna at Medconsult who set me up with a Ritalin prescription. To say that it has been life changing (in a positive way) would be an understatement.

Edited by themechanic
  • Thumbs Up 1