A positive post

12 hours ago, 473geo said:

I had a problem with bank balnce matching the statement, just went back to the bank, wife got the manager on the phone to immigration, correct docs supplied, job done no need to get crabby about it, just getting all correct and sure enough application sailed through, cost a couple of additional hours, really, I should hold a grudge for that, I think not, you can I won't ???? too many good things happening ????

I won’t hold a grudge either, being an IO on the coal-face in any country must be a fairly horrible position... so I’m quite sympathetic.

.... But, I understand those who experience extremely frustrating situations over minor variations in interpretations of the regulations by the IO....  

14 hours ago, BudRight said:

I'm always impressed by the foreigners who absolutely never have problems with any Thai bureaucracy. Thai people often have trouble with it. These special people must be truly blessed indeed.

I am always amused by the speed at which for some, an insignificant, minor disruption, to life, can become a major catastrophe worthy of scribing their indignation repeatedly on any forum topic where there may possibly be a tenuous link

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Fab5BKK said:

What is wrong with you RS237???

1. "rose tinted": did I ask you what color(s) are your lenses? No

2. Did I discuss about "driving in Thailand"? No

3. Did I discuss about the 90-day reporting? No

4. Did I discuss about the usefulness of yearly extensions? No

In case you did not understand it, I was writing about my recent and positive experience @ CW Immigration... Did I say / did I claim that everyone got the same positive experience ? I do not think so...

Or may be it's my English you didn't understand... Sorry, it's just one of the foreign languages I manage  to deal with...

What bit don't you understand ?? Nobody is in the slightest interested.

I have been here 11 years and had no issues with the way immigration has treated me.  Always been an enjoyable visit.

went today for 90 day in door and out door in 10 minutes

oly time issue was the people ahead of me in the line

Edited by kingstonkid

On 6/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, kingstonkid said:

I have been here 11 years and had no issues with the way immigration has treated me.  Always been an enjoyable visit.

went today for 90 day in door and out door in 10 minutes

oly time issue was the people ahead of me in the line

so are you saying bad stuff never happens? or that the complainers are just making it up because Thai bashing?

On 6/5/2022 at 3:22 PM, Fab5BKK said:

I thought a positive post could light up your day, a bit.

Not really as it didn’t affect me, but happy for you all the same. ????

I also recently had a positive experience, and it shouldn’t have been since my paperwork was woefully inadequate. ????

On 6/6/2022 at 3:04 PM, Golden Triangle said:

What bit don't you understand ?? Nobody is in the slightest interested.

Oh I don't know, lets hope the post provides a little comfort to those who feel attending to immigration 5 or so days a year is enough to warrant being miserable about it for the other 360 days 

26 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Oh I don't know, lets hope the post provides a little comfort to those who feel attending to immigration 5 or so days a year is enough to warrant being miserable about it for the other 360 days 

Why would anyone need to attend immigration 5 or so times a year?

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would anyone need to attend immigration 5 or so times a year?

4x... 90 day reports....  1 of them a yearly extension application...  

Plus another after the consideration period is over.

Thats 5 (if not doing 90 days reports by post). 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Certainly not enough to warrant being miserable....  

.... But definitely enough to find it a pain in the backside and have a negative opinion of that. 

When many people post their negative opinions of somethings in Thailand, contrary to the belief of some, this doesn’t take over their life or impact them in any way, they are just choosing to be honest in their opinion that they do not like something and sometimes voice that opinion on this forum... That does not mean they are miserable all year long, in most cases it just highlights a realistic outlook and they are not walking around blindly ignorant to reality thinking life is peachy all day long... 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Online or 50baht cost for postal is the obvious option. 

Anyone can pick up pp for final stamp.

Adds up to one visit in my book.

Not two visits ?

Visit 1: Apply for extension of stay

Visit 2: After ‘under consideration period of 1 month’ receive extension of stay stamp

With the 90 day report by post.... Do you have to post off your passport ???

If so, I can see why some people do not want to post a passport.

I also think the 90 day report can be submitted online (after the 1st one has been submitted in person). 

But, the system is often down, there is no submission receipt etc (as far as I understand it). 

So... while I hardly ever need to visit Immigration (because I travel regularly), I can understand why someone would need to visit Immigration 5x per year. 

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Not two visits ?

Visit 1: Apply for extension of stay

Visit 2: After ‘under consideration period of 1 month’ receive extension of stay stamp

With the 90 day report by post.... Do you have to post off your passport ???

If so, I can see why some people do not want to post a passport.

I also think the 90 day report can be submitted online (after the 1st one has been submitted in person). 

But, the system is often down, there is no submission receipt etc (as far as I understand it). 

So... while I hardly ever need to visit Immigration (because I travel regularly), I can understand why someone would need to visit Immigration 5x per year. 

Couple of random points.

Re mail option: it's just few photocopy pages from your pp.

Along with receipt for previous report. 

37baht EMS + 10baht self addressed return envelope.

B4 size works well as many io return your photocopies.

Online: true the old system was hit and miss for many. The new system online is vast improvement. Easy Peasy.

The return for final stamp you mention applies to married folk.

Anyone can obtain final stamp.

There are few offices that make you return next day for extensions retirement.

Really comes down to ones proximity to immigration office.

For some it's best part of a day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Certainly not enough to warrant being miserable....  

.... But definitely enough to find it a pain in the backside and have a negative opinion of that. 

When many people post their negative opinions of somethings in Thailand, contrary to the belief of some, this doesn’t take over their life or impact them in any way, they are just choosing to be honest in their opinion that they do not like something and sometimes voice that opinion on this forum... That does not mean they are miserable all year long, in most cases it just highlights a realistic outlook and they are not walking around blindly ignorant to reality thinking life is peachy all day long... 

"Realistic" Richard 

This is Thailand their rules and regulations which the Thai government feels are required enforced by officials who are scrutinised from above where there is often lack of clarity. Thus no need to advocate changes, criticise the flexibility and interpretation of the 'rules' 

"Blindly ignorant to reality" 

Not able to adapt to the above

Edited by 473geo

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Online or 50baht cost for postal is the obvious option. 

Anyone can pick up pp for final stamp.

Adds up to one visit in my book.

But 5 days one would be "attending to immigration" 

????

32 minutes ago, 473geo said:

But 5 days one would be "attending to immigration" 

????

??

I live in Thailand using extensions based on retirement, money in bank method.

I visit CW once per year.

If by "attending to immigration" you mean making a 90 day report on my cell 4 times per year. Two minutes per report.

.....please. 

Edited by DrJack54

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

??

I live in Thailand using extensions based on retirement, money in bank method.

I visit CW once per year.

If by "attending to immigration" you mean making a 90 day report on my cell 4 times per year. Two minutes per report.

.....please. 

That's exactly what I mean, and totally agree time utilised especially in your interaction is minimal, the crux of my posts on this topic

Edited by 473geo
  • Haha 1

On 6/5/2022 at 11:51 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I mean... Why is there a need for a 90 day report ??... why is there a need for a yearly extension anyway?

That in itself is utterly ridiculous. 

I don't know, and frankly I don't care. 90d you can do online, and for me yearly extension in CM is a no brainer. I know what they want, I get an appointment, in and out in 30 min.

We are guests in this country, we often tend to forget that.

You want to know ridiculous? Try asking my asian wife what she has to go through at my Embassy for visiting my country, to stay with my (and now her) family.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

You want to know ridiculous? Try asking my asian wife what she has to go through at my Embassy for visiting my country, to stay with my (and now her) family.

Agree, trying going to the USA as a non Yank ... good luck.

Staying in Thailand long term, is simply too easy.  I actually wish it was harder.  Some Imm offices, extending is a bit time consuming, simply due to the numbers needing to be processes.

Nong Khai < 30 minutes +/-

Udon Thani < 30 minutes +/-

Hua Hin 1-2 hours, depending on Q

Locally 90 day < 5 mins, as usually the only one there, or simply taken within that time

if a Q since he knows I'm there for a 90 day.  Never makes me wait.  No tip needed.

Stick these here, seems appropriate, rather than yet another thread.

My daily stroll at the park today, taking the wonder dog for a sniff. 

Not that I needed one, as I realize it quite often.  But got a reality check how fortunate most of us are.

Must have been 'no, one or short limbed folks' day out, as more than few folks strolling around the circuit, with no, one, or shortened limbs (arms) today, and assuming most from birth.

I myself have an 'annoying' bad back (discs) which keep me from committing suicide, as simply can't do the extreme physical, stupid things I've made a habit of doing in the past, and somehow lived through.   Actually, I only have a noticeable hobble, more from floating hip than back, although the back is what restricts extreme physical activity.  Running / jogging being too much impact, though pedal bike and no problem, as long as not a 'bend over' racer.  Walking and endurance, again, not an issue, as wife & kid can't seem to keep up.

Appreciate that you are alive, can actually read this, have sight, troll me, have fingers, without assistance.  Many can not.  

Appreciate that I have all my parts, and they all still work, abet, limited range on the back, but nothing to fret about.

I have a hobble, but 2 legs to hobble with, and not one or none, or wheels.  Can shower, dress and feed myself.  Too many can not.

Things I suspect a few take way to lightly at times. 

Be Safe out there.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Stick these here, seems appropriate, rather than yet another thread.

My daily stroll at the park today, taking the wonder dog for a sniff. 

Not that I needed one, as I realize it quite often.  But got a reality check how fortunate most of us are.

Must have been 'no, one or short limbed folks' day out, as more than few folks strolling around the circuit, with no, one, or shortened limbs (arms) today, and assuming most from birth.

I myself have an 'annoying' bad back (discs) which keep me from committing suicide, as simply can't do the extreme physical, stupid things I've made a habit of doing in the past, and somehow lived through.   Actually, I only have a noticeable hobble, more from floating hip than back, although the back is what restricts extreme physical activity.  Running / jogging being too much impact, though pedal bike and no problem, as long as not a 'bend over' racer.  Walking and endurance, again, not an issue, as wife & kid can't seem to keep up.

Appreciate that you are alive, can actually read this, have sight, troll me, have fingers, without assistance.  Many can not.  

Appreciate that I have all my parts, and they all still work, abet, limited range on the back, but nothing to fret about.

I have a hobble, but 2 legs to hobble with, and not one or none, or wheels.  Can shower, dress and feed myself.  Too many can not.

Things I suspect a few take way to lightly at times. 

Be Safe out there.

I enjoy my work on the farm, jobs on the house, main reason because the work keeps me active, and I am pleased I can still do things, given they may take a little longer at times ???? of course the important thing is to do the jobs is also my choice, I enjoy because surely one day will come when I have no choice but let someone else do things