Dual Pricing Reconfirmed In Thailand National Parks

webfact

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Dear Thai Apologist

The same as everyone else pays. Got it? It's really that simple.

Such a harsh label. I'm not a Thai apologist for the record.

Just stating the facts as I see them, seriously, if they want to charge double, let them, I choose to avoid them, but common sense prevails when it comes to personal stuff, like a haircut, e.g. 650 baht back home, or 100 baht here, like I said, common sense, suffice to say if a Thai pays 30 baht or 50 baht for a haircut, I'm happy to support the person cutting my hair for the extra 50 baht, after all, they are saving me 550 baht.

I take it you don't shine when it comes to math ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

He said the agency wants to introduce an identity card for expats, helping to distinguish them from tourists so they will be charged the same price as locals.

Why did you stop accepting the 5/10 year driving licenses then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I simply stay away. Bit of  good excuse really!

They all went off to Nong Nooch Saturday, I got out of it by saying I didn't want to pay the inflated 'farang' price. I would have spent the first hour complaining about that price, the second complaining of all the walking about in the heat. I also got out of paying for them all to get in and buying the ice-creams, and had a nice old guy nap  at home!

Went to Nong Nooch to see the dinosaurs with the GF's daughter just before school started, and we all paid the Thai price, The pink ID card was shown and not an issue.  Seems it is hit and miss.  Checked into my hotels in Kachanaburi two weeks ago with my Pink card as well, no issues there either.

• Like 1

I made an enquiry at the high rise Revolving Restaurant at Pattaya Water Park, Buffet Meal, I couldn’t believe when they said 500฿ for my Thai wife 700฿ for a foreigner. Am I going to eat 200฿ more food than a Thai ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I made an enquiry at the high rise Revolving Restaurant at Pattaya Water Park, Buffet Meal, I couldn’t believe when they said 500฿ for my Thai wife 700฿ for a foreigner. Am I going to eat 200฿ more food than a Thai ?

Possibly if she is a small eater and you are like the Chinese ruffians who load up their plates, but then I do understand your point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

If we thought of doing this in Australia we would be branded racist and face fines.  No matter where you come from even Thailand you pay the same as locals.

Ditto with USA.  Probably illegal to even do so.  Oh well, not that most parks here are worth the Thai fee, or even if free.  Not missing much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheapcanuck said:

Simple fix. If your a foreigner stop visiting dual price venues. When revenue drops the greedy venues will drop there prices.

They have been doing it for 20+ years that I know of, so I don't expect change soon for any reason. 

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

"He said the agency wants to introduce an identity card for expats, helping to distinguish them from tourists so they will be charged the same price as locals"

Don't overcomplicate it, just ask for passport if they must

We already have driving licences and pink ID cards and as said above visa stamps in passports. It's just excuses to get more cash from foreigners whether they live in Thailand or not. I keep my visits to National parks to a minimum these days.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK look, I really do not mind a small price increase for tourists/foreigners, I'd be happy they did it in my own UK to let our own people in slightly cheaper for attractions.

BUT.

FIVE times the price is just ludicrous, No sane tourist seeing this 400% price gouging will enter the park - I certainly wont go. If they added on say 25% taking a ticket to 125 from 100, I'd be ok - but 500 just screams scam.

Wonder what spin the TAT will put on it. Something about just attracting rich Indians pending

Totally agree with the above comments, other countries should reciprocate and charge similar levies on Thai visitors .......................LOL

• Like 2

Oh well another confirmation that my money will stay in my pocket as far as going to those places is concerned.

Why do the Muppets want to produce an ID card, I already have one issued by my local Amphur, in pink.

Dual pricing, dual ID cards what's next in the duelling in Thai life.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LittleBear57 said:

We already have driving licences and pink ID cards 

Doesn't seem to be the sharpest tack in the box.  Do we really need another card ?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Ah,so now racist bigotry towards. the  Chinese? Look up 'hypocrisy' before embarrassing yourself again.

Truthful post on photographic evidence, but then you knew that now and its a stated fact not racism, nor hypocrisy.  Try again or better yet not.