Tourism Rebound Could Generate 3 Trillion Baht for Thailand

webfact

12 hours ago, webfact said:

18% of national GDP.

Strange then that we only saw around a 6% decrease in published national GDP for 2020, with something of a rebound in 2021, when there were essentially no tourists.

What has miraculously re-filled most of this lost 18% of national gross product ?

Who is telling the porkie pies in the Thai bureaucratic universe….? 

• Thanks 1

Why do people on this forum care so much about these announcements? How does it affect  their lives? Or is it just  fodder for the permanently outraged at at Thailand and all things Thai?

Why is a minor comment regarding  a potential income of any importance to people on this forum? The projection might be right or it might be wrong. The emphasis is on the word  'could'.

It's a speculative figure and really is nothing for forum members to get upset  about. One would think  by now,  having expressed outrage and dismay repeatedly about such pronouncments it ceases to be worth mentioning. Or am I missing something?

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

3 trillions, 7 trillions 10 trillions.. those are just numbers dream up by some pencil pushers at the ministry of tourism... no one yet has bought to task of lost a job punting out those wild numbers did they?...

The reality is governed by the value of the £ & $ against the Baht. It's not 75 Baht to a £ anymore. So there must be some truth in their figures.

• Confused 1

On 6/6/2022 at 8:00 AM, mikeymike100 said:

Do the TAT ever explain how they come up with these numbers? What is the basis for their calculation?

1. Think of number

2 Add many zeroes

3 Publish figure

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, realfunster said:

Strange then that we only saw around a 6% decrease in published national GDP for 2020, with something of a rebound in 2021, when there were essentially no tourists.

What has miraculously re-filled most of this lost 18% of national gross product ?

Who is telling the porkie pies in the Thai bureaucratic universe….? 

More astounding is who buys into it.......when falsely repeated over and again. 

And then I look at all the requirements to secure a visa and/or Thailand pass, and then I just thinking, you might do it next week.....and that goes on since the so promoted "re-opening"

It´s easier nowadays to get a Thai into Schengen or elsewhere in the west than vice-versa.

15 hours ago, jethro69 said:

And then I look at all the requirements to secure a visa and/or Thailand pass, and then I just thinking, you might do it next week.....and that goes on since the so promoted "re-opening"

It´s easier nowadays to get a Thai into Schengen or elsewhere in the west than vice-versa.

Utter nonsense, a Thai Pass is quickly and easily obtained..... most countries do not need a visa. The Thai Pass will likely soon be cancelled too.