"New normal", it's getting a bit frightening.

You think you've got problems..... After having an Aston Martin on order for a year I can't take delivery of the car because the factory doesn't have the parts to complete it! Its currently 90% built and sitting in a car park in Warwickshire - along with quite a few others - awaiting headlights, and various other bits.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, carlyai said:

@Boomer6969I've a 9 year old CRV. Did you replace the airbags because of the make being a safety hazard, or why did you replace the airbags?

If it was for safety reasons, did Honda contact you and replace them for free?

No I didn't replace the airbags, buying a new car will address this. You can rely on airbags for as long as 10 years, but I am worried by the Thai climate where I see some plastics'  accelerated ageing, which gives me extra motivation to replace my CRV.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my (wife's) new CRV last week from a  Bangkok dealer last week. Nice, the only negative so far being that stupid electric handbrake, I don't see any advantage, they just throw in these stupid gadgets to attract idiot customers.

I dumped the old (2016 model) one for 630000 to the first interested buyer. Who, interestingly came from Bangkok too. His GF had seen the car on Facebook, wanted it, and ordered him to "go and get it". TIT.

Oh!, another thing: there is a thread by "Webfact"  on stagflation setting in in Thailand....

Edited by Boomer6969

On 6/7/2022 at 10:44 AM, Boomer6969 said:

Reminiscent of the stories of pre-Nazi Germany

I don't understand this Nazi obsession.  or Stalin.  Maybe it's telling the kids you are older than most and remember Hitler.   Right NOW there are massive crimes going on in China, North Korea, Philippines, Central America, Africa, etc....... and yet we go back to the late 1930's.   

I can TOP that......... Reminds me of pre-Mongol invasion.   Genghis Khan and his sons/brothers.   

I think people just like typing Nazi to stir up emotions.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I don't understand this Nazi obsession.  or Stalin.  Maybe it's telling the kids you are older than most and remember Hitler.   Right NOW there are massive crimes going on in China, North Korea, Philippines, Central America, Africa, etc....... and yet we go back to the late 1930's.   

I can TOP that......... Reminds me of pre-Mongol invasion.   Genghis Khan and his sons/brothers.   

I think people just like typing Nazi to stir up emotions.   

I dunno who's obsession that would be, I mentioned "pre-Nazi Germany" i.e 1919 to 1933, of which my mother, who was living then in Bavaria was telling us stories about.

Learn to read...

Edited by Boomer6969

Just when you think inflation is really taking off the federal reserve tightens the money supply and growth/inflation peaks. In the U.S.A. I understand finance for car loans has tightened and repossessions are skyrocketing. The U.S. car shortage will disappear as people cannot afford the repayments and the premium prices will unwind. Cars (Transport) was a large part of the CPI increase anyway.  I could see the same thing happening in Thailand soon, especially with rising airfares and the cash strapped consumer cutting back on overseas holidays.

• Thanks 1