PM: Some Restrictions Remain despite Cannabis Legalization

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, June 8 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said some restrictions remained in effect to govern the use of hemp and cannabis although they will be removed from the government’s narcotic list on June 9.

Regarding the legalization of hemp and cannabis, Gen Prayut said people would be allowed to grow and use the plants but their use would not be completely liberalized because the abuse of cannabis was harmful.

The behaviors of cannabis use must be controlled. For example, the prime minister said, cannabis smoking must not affect others and driving under the influence of cannabis was illegal. The use of cannabis flowers and floral clusters must be controlled by law because they contained narcotic substances, he said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-956172

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-06-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I am lost......so can I grow cannabis of a type and strength you might smoke in, say, Amsterdam?

The production, import, export, distribution, consumption and possession of cannabis — with the exception of psychoactive substances — will be formally legalized on June 9 when an announcement issued by the Ministry of Public Health and published in the Royal Gazette on February 9 takes effect.

Under the new regulations, all parts of cannabis and hemp plants, except for extracts containing more than 0.2% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the plant’s psychoactive ingredient, will be removed from the narcotics list.

Source: NNT

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The production, import, export, distribution, consumption and possession of cannabis — with the exception of psychoactive substances — will be formally legalized on June 9 when an announcement issued by the Ministry of Public Health and published in the Royal Gazette on February 9 takes effect.

Under the new regulations, all parts of cannabis and hemp plants, except for extracts containing more than 0.2% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the plant’s psychoactive ingredient, will be removed from the narcotics list.

Left hand. right hand.

Desperate rear-guard action.  Ignore him. The law is the law.

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Source: NNT

So no then?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Do you have to pick out the over 0.2% bits and bin them?

Just now, Will B Good said:

extracts are hash, oil, wax shatter etc NOT flower

2 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

extracts are hash, oil, wax shatter etc NOT flower

Still lost......so are there different types of plant some of which have levels above 0.2%....and you are not allowed to grow these?

Just now, Will B Good said:

Still lost......so are there different types of plant some of which have levels above 0.2%....and you are not allowed to grow these?

You can grow anything you like as I read it ... just cant extract from the flower

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

You can grow anything you like as I read it ... just cant extract from the flower

I assume a significant proportion of the population will just go ahead and ignore that????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You say this so can you explain what this means .....

So they are saying narcotic here and I guess it will remain so. For me it seems as though it will be legal to smoke the leaves of a plant as long as it's not more than 0.2% THC which is about as good as rolling up grass clippings. 

I believe that is referring to new laws that will be invented at an unspecified future date concerning minors buying it and other issues. They may well do a 180 and make it illegal again. But from midnight tonight, as per the law, it is not an illegal narcotic drug. I suspect in the next few days more will become clear.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Do you have to pick out the over 0.2% bits and bin them?

Yes, with a video of you clipping and burning them... also it's illegal to stand downwind.

image.png.187704b4cd5fd29686f5a8bed78ffb9d.png

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Haha 1

Cannabidiol, Not Marijuana, just about no THC in there. Marijuana, (Cannabis), with lots of the drug THC still illegal in many countries, including Thailand

CBD cannabis is legal to grow/consume etc. THC cannabis is illegal.. The CBD cannabis contains trace amounts of THC, way below the amount that makes it considered actual THC cannabis. They are not lying, its just a billionth of a milligram. A piece of rope also contains THC at an atomic level. Its just playing with labeling.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1439/cannabidiol-cbd

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The behaviors of cannabis use must be controlled. For example, the prime minister said, cannabis smoking must not affect others

So do it at home or on a mountain, do not suck a fat on the street and upset others. ????????

• Like 2

in another thread i already mentioned it will probably take a few arrests and court cases

before we are all clear on the new regulations.

What if you have a plant?Who knows what it is?

For example Blue Dream is used both for CBD oil and THC.