Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I see you slipped a ‘threatening the Vice President’ in there.

Conspiracy to sedition does not necessarily require a threat to the Vice President.

The courts have accepted the  guilty pleas on ‘Seditious Conspiracy’ of two ‘Oath Keepers’.

Brian Ulrich and Joshua James now await sentencing.

More to come, stay tuned.

Cheers!

Sorry, but I "slipped nothing in."

Your original response was specifically to my post about finally "putting to bed" the claims about threats to hang Pence. 

You said, don't take that to court.

I said "why not, it's......."

You said.........et cetera

But now you claim I'm "slipping in" the very thing that started the back and forth? ????????????

Sorry, but none of the explanations I can come up with for why you would say such a remarkable thing.............do you much credit.

Wanna try again?

Who among the Jan 6th rioters has been convicted..........or even charged............ with threatening the Vice President?

If the answer is "no one"........... then your claim that "it hasn't worked for those already convicted" [paraphrased]............ is completely made up, completely bogus.

11 hours ago, heybruce said:

Failure to act, whether it's President George Bush freezing on September 11, 2001 when he was told the country was under attack or President Donald Trump waiting to see how the attack on the Capitol played out before making any action, should disqualify anyone from being President and Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces.

Oh my goodness, that old chestnut hasn't withered and died, yet?

Bush didn't "freeze" on Sept. 11th.

When he was given the news, he was sitting in front of a group of children, their parents and teachers..........and TV cameras.

If he'd had a sudden dramatic reaction............ it could have been panic-inducing. Because THAT would have immediaately become a "breaking news" bulletin on virtually all stations nationwide............perhaps giving the impression the whole country was under attack by a foreign power.............rather than it just being the couple of incidents it turned out to be.

You're essentially blaming him for not reacting to things he couldn't  possibly have known, yet. 

--------------

Sometimes, the best reaction is to pause and take a breath. That's what Bush did.

And given the circumstances in which he found himself........... that was the CORRECT decision! 

(His follow-up was, of course, to violate the Sovereignty of two nations............ to attack and invade two nations........... neither of which had attacked us! But that's another story!)

Bottom Line: Bush didn't "freeze" on Sept 11th.

There may be lots of things you could rightly criticize him for.......... but this isn't one of them!

7 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Sorry, but I "slipped nothing in."

Your original response was specifically to my post about finally "putting to bed" the claims about threats to hang Pence. 

You said, don't take that to court.

I said "why not, it's......."

You said.........et cetera

But now you claim I'm "slipping in" the very thing that started the back and forth? ????????????

Sorry, but none of the explanations I can come up with for why you would say such a remarkable thing.............do you much credit.

Wanna try again?

Who among the Jan 6th rioters has been convicted..........or even charged............ with threatening the Vice President?

If the answer is "no one"........... then your claim that "it hasn't worked for those already convicted" [paraphrased]............ is completely made up, completely bogus.

Help me out here. Are you suggesting that thousands of people did not chant "Hang Pence" and that because a single voice can't be discerned from the mob that nobody is guilty?

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Trump has not got billions, he is in hock to Deutsche Bank and the Russians. Why do you think he's kissing Putin's butt, and siphoning off his campaign fund to pay lawyers to keep him out of jail?

His real estate assets are overvalued and losing money hand over fist, IIRC Letitia James is on that trail of criminality.

During the pandemic, he set some kind of presidential record for the number of times he played golf. Mostly at his own resorts, so he could bill the US taxpayer for the cost of lodging his Secret Service detail in his rooms. From memory, about $900,000 for each round of golf. Conflict of interest, what's that?

As for the stunning wife, she was probably conned by Trump, along with a lot of other credulous people. Looking at her body language nowadays, she looks like she'd rather be in an igloo in Alaska.

He is a very skilled criminally corrupt grifter  con man, propagandist, and demagogue though.

19 minutes ago, heybruce said:

presumably to see if the storming of the Capitol would succeed, before taking any action at all.  He clearly put his future interests ahead of his obligations as President, the future of the country, and Constitutional democracy.

This will form the basis of AG's case: "presumption"

Need evidence not conjecture based on presumption.

On a different matter, committee member Raskin sorta claims there is evidence of those seeking pardons, though waiting for the facts to bear this out tomorrow morning during day 2 of J6 live session.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2022/06/12/jamie-raskin-january-6-committee-donald-trump-dana-bash-sotu-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Help me out here. Are you suggesting that thousands of people did not chant "Hang Pence" and that because a single voice can't be discerned from the mob that nobody is guilty?

I'm also prepared to say that people who get caught up in the excitement of the moment............. say things they don't mean............. all the time!

Wives do it to husbands. Husbands do it to wives. Kids do it to parents. Employees do it to bosses. Friends do it to friends. Customers do it to workers. (Quite a few YouTube videos out there, showing this!)

It happens at football games, hockey matches, boxing matches, soccer games. It happens in lots of places where crowds tend to gather, and passions tend to rise.

People say things in the heat of the moment that they don't really mean. They chant because people are chanting. They sing because people are singing. And......... sometimes.......... they say things without even realizing what they are saying......... simply because people around them are saying it!

There are laws against Inciting to Riot EXACTLY BECAUSE we've known for a very ong time that in a crowd, people can become over-excited........... and do things they'd ordinarily never even  consider doing.

FRENZY.......... is a real thing!

-------------

Now...........

Whether or not a person is guilty.......... or guilty under the law........ are two different things. You didnt clarify which one you meant.

There were lots if people who were guilty on Jan 6th, but not nearly as many who are guilty under the law. And that's because the authorities understand there's a big difference between a person who has actual intentions........... and a person who is just wrapped up in the moment.

Their job.......... as difficult as that may be........... is to try to sort those out BEFORE attempting to prosecute.

Thus......"Guilty" is not nearly as cut-and-dried.......... as your question seems to imply.

And there might have even been a couple or a few........... who had actual intentions. 

And maybe---just maybe---there were ONE OR TWO........... who had balls enough to do it!

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Trump has not got billions, he is in hock to Deutsche Bank and the Russians. Why do you think he's kissing Putin's butt, and siphoning off his campaign fund to pay lawyers to keep him out of jail?

His real estate assets are overvalued and losing money hand over fist, IIRC Letitia James is on that trail of criminality.

During the pandemic, he set some kind of presidential record for the number of times he played golf. Mostly at his own resorts, so he could bill the US taxpayer for the cost of lodging his Secret Service detail in his rooms. From memory, about $900,000 for each round of golf. Conflict of interest, what's that?

As for the stunning wife, she was probably conned by Trump, along with a lot of other credulous people. Looking at her body language nowadays, she looks like she'd rather be in an igloo in Alaska.

Why don't you give us a link to all this sensitive info?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

I'm also prepared to say that people who get caught up in the excitement of the moment............. say things they don't mean............. all the time!

Wives do it to husbands. Husbands do it to wives. Kids do it to parents. Employees do it to bosses. Friends do it to friends. Customers do it to workers. (Quite a few YouTube videos out there, showing this!)

It happens at football games, hockey matches, boxing matches, soccer games. It happens in lots of places where crowds tend to gather, and passions tend to rise.

People say things in the heat of the moment that they don't really mean. They chant because people are chanting. They sing because people are singing. And......... sometimes.......... they say things without even realizing what they are saying......... simply because people around them are saying it!

There are laws against Inciting to Riot EXACTLY BECAUSE we've known for a very ong time that in a crowd, people can become over-excited........... and do things they'd ordinarily never even  consider doing.

-------------

Now...........

Whether or not a person is guilty.......... or guilty under the law........ are two different things. You didnt clarify which one you meant.

There were lots if people who were guilty on Jan 6th, but not nearly as many who are guilty under the law. And that's because the authorities understand there's a big difference between a person who has actual intentions........... and a person who is just wrapped up in the moment.

Their job.......... as difficult as that may be........... is to try to sort those out BEFORE attempting to prosecute.

Thus......"Guilty" is not nearly as cut-and-dried.......... as your question seems to imply.

And there might have even been a couple or a few........... who had actual intentions. 

And maybe---just maybe---there were ONE OR TWO........... who had balls enough to do it!

You should look up "mob mentality" instead of making your own interpretations.

It only takes a few people within a mob that have evil intentions to project that onto the masses. In other words just a few people shouting hang pence is enough to create a very dangerous situation when there is no leader calming them down. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You should look up "mob mentality" instead of making your own interpretations.

It only takes a few people within a mob that have evil intentions to project that onto the masses. In other words just a few people shouting hang pence is enough to create a very dangerous situation when there is no leader calming them down. 

So, I take it you are agreeing with me..............."thousands" was a ridiculous claim.

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

So, I take it you are agreeing with me..............."thousands" was a ridiculous claim.

Thanks.

Absolutely with you as I did not see thousands shouting Hang Pence. Just a few is enough though

This is what i did say:

"It only takes a few people within a mob that have evil intentions to project that onto the masses. In other words just a few people shouting hang pence is enough to create a very dangerous situation when there is no leader calming them down."

Which blows your post straight out of any factual reality whatsoever

Mob Mentality

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/what-is-a-mob-mentality

Lynch mob mentality

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0533316421992232

-------------

Now...........

"And maybe---just maybe---there were ONE OR TWO........... who had balls enough to do it!"

What you define as "balls" most of us would call criminal insanity. Too bad the Capitol police force was not properly equipped to repel the traitors.

A couple of well-place machine gun nests would have rid the world of a few oxygen thieves and would have been a proper response to the coup attempt.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 11:23 PM, onthedarkside said:

'Checked out': Trump rebukes Ivanka over Jan. 6 testimony

Former President Donald Trump on Friday discounted his own daughter’s testimony that the 2020 presidential election results were not fraudulent.

“Ivanka Trump was not involved in looking at, or studying, Election results. She had long since checked out and was, in my opinion, only trying to be respectful to Bill Barr and his position as Attorney General (he sucked!),” Trump posted on Truth Social, the social media platform he helped found.

Trump’s rebuke of his daughter comes on the heels of Thursday’s Jan. 6 select committee hearing, where lawmakers showed recorded interviews with Ivanka Trump, former Attorney General William Barr and Trump campaign advisers testifying that the former president had indeed lost the 2020 election.

(more)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/checked-out-trump-rebukes-ivanka-over-jan-6-testimony/ar-AAYizYh

Politico.jpg.ed2e0cb92b87e9457b34926c9e0a8c54.jpg

Sounds like they're all willing to throw each other under the bus.

Anyone involved with storming the capital should serve a lengthy prison sentence IMHO.

• Like 2

There are laws against Inciting to Riot EXACTLY BECAUSE we've known for a very ong time that in a crowd, people can become over-excited........... and do things they'd ordinarily never even  consider doing

You scored an own goal, or shot yourself in the foot as the saying goes, because even if you believe that trump didn't incite a riot, he knew full well what result his actions would have, and when you have some brainless individuals and far right idiots in the crowd, then it's not hard to understand what the outcome would be – – and indeed it was a disgrace and despite trump supporters here trying to defend it, there is no defence.

I'm sincerely hoping that a lot of people will get jail time for this, even the "dumb as a bag of rocks" ex-president, because it's no more than he deserves.

It's not hard to see the staunch trump supporters on this thread, and I would bet good money that there are even some of them who still believe that the Democrats were running a satanic cult out of a pizza parlour...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

There was an attempted coup instigated by the guy who bigly lost the election, and his oh so frail ego couldn't handle it. And for that he was willing to subvert democracy and evidently let his vice prez hang.

The Capitol was overrun and trump couldn't be a***d to lift a finger until it was all over. A a result people died. At a bare minimum he should spend the rest of his unnatural life in a damp and dark jail cell. A more appropriate punishment would be something more severe.

If the right questions are asked then the truth will come out but your prejudgments don't help that cause.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Why don't you give us a link to all this sensitive info?

Are you living in a sound-proof chamber? It's common knowledge. Google is your friend. Nothing sensitive about it.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

You scored an own goal, or shot yourself in the foot as the saying goes, because even if you believe that trump didn't incite a riot, he knew full well what result his actions would have, and when you have some brainless individuals and far right idiots in the crowd, then it's not hard to understand what the outcome would be – – and indeed it was a disgrace and despite trump supporters here trying to defend it, there is no defence.

I'm sincerely hoping that a lot of people will get jail time for this, even the "dumb as a bag of rocks" ex-president, because it's no more than he deserves.

It's not hard to see the staunch trump supporters on this thread, and I would bet good money that there are even some of them who still believe that the Democrats were running a satanic cult out of a pizza parlour...

"...he knew full well what result his actions would have, and when you have some brainless individuals and far right idiots in the crowd..." 

Really, did he, now?

Amazing how you know what was in his mind......... even without him ever saying anything to that effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Amazing how you know what was in his mind..

2 hours ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

I apologize, I lack your mind-reading skills. I defer to your greater talents.

"...he knew full well what result his actions would have, and when you have some brainless individuals and far right idiots in the crowd..." 

Really, did he, now?

Amazing how you know what was in his mind......... even without him ever saying anything to that effect.

Well just about everyone knows what is in trumps mind, and it relates to the expression that "he is dumb as a bag of rocks", so what little space was left was dedicated to spurring on his mindless followers – – there you have it, plain and simple for all to see, apart from those so blind that they will not see!

Cheers!