The pleasure of living and setting a good example in Thailand; Rooster rounds up the week’s news

webfact

"My favorite food is definitely Indian, which made 10th place. English (or British food) didn’t even make the list though I liked the comment of one guy on Facebook who disagreed saying: “Yes, they did. They were in 10th”. ... Har Har !!! YESSSS ... and well, I could add, that the Islamic Indian foods, ARE just about the best food in the world that I have ever tasted !!! ... I do not know if it is still there but In Penang, also the best Curry House in the world !!! .... But ? Possibly Here ??? ... Just around the corner from Soi Folang of Penang ??? Well was it ??? Chulis st.

If it is Ok to post it ? .... Like these Guys are just basic Boots on the Ground Islamic Indian food People. ... and NOT high flyers. (So do not expect a quiet meal !!!) ..... But yes ! ... just Great Islamic and Tamil food ? ... and the best Curries that I have ever tasted ??? ...

Yes, I think that Durian, Also just basically pushes up your Sugar, so well a quite Old but successful (One of the old shop Boats Ladies of the Canals) ... who was a chronic Diabetic apparently, thought that she would get a new lease on Life, by eating a large amount of it !!! .... No Alcohol !!! .. But it did kill her any way !!! .... Apparently ! ? .... So I would get my Blood Sugar meter out ! If you eat a lot of it also I would think my self also ???

• Like 1

"Back in the 1980’s there was a hilarious-cum-tragic story from the main Crocodile Farm tourist facility in Samut Prakan. An unidentified Thai man on a day out had keeled over and fallen down dead in the crocodile pit. 

The owners of the farm appealed for relatives to come forward, which they did. They claimed the 10,000 baht funeral expenses offered by the farm and took the body with them.

The next day the real family showed up."...

... Yes I remember that story, !!! ...  I was living in Soi 22 (Yipsong) (345 was it ? Don Tong Larn ???) side soi ??? at the time !!! and well when you went to the Crocodile park, with friends, ... You sent the girls in First, ... so that they got in on Thai Price ... and then came in your selves, 5 minuets later, and met them in side !!! ... Yes I was living with pretty Un pretentious, and smart girls in Soi Yipsong at the time !!! ...

"In Udon Thani a three vehicle accident at a crossroads had all three parties claiming their light was on green. A foreigner married to a Thai lady ended up clambering out after his pick-up overturned. A reminder that while it is important to stop on red, it is even more vital to beware on green."

.... JFYI after the Thai Guy, on his way home from work, accidentally hit the French Woman cyclist in Ayutthaya, Oh 2 or 3 weeks ago now ??? .... (And once again different stories on the lights, though possibly simply, not in the same time frame I suspect ??? .... But he had a dash Camera, ... and he did go through in the Green !!! ... Which probably has saved him a Lot ?  like a LOT !!! .... Like a Real Lot !!! of Distress !!!)

So, I have also Got my self a dash Camera now. !!!! ... A Fair necessity I think in this country and on these roads ??? ... WELL, every where now, I would actually say my self. ! ? ....

... 1800 b ? and fully installed including a backing camera as well ... at my Local, and also very Nice, AND Boots on the ground practical also, garage ... I never bargained, or asked any where else ??? I was lucky to find this bloke not busy on that occasion, so well YES I said, "Just Install it" !!! .... as I knew that these guys were OK, as they had rescued me with a flat battery and refused a tip, one time with us in town there before. !!!

• Like 1

As always, thanks for what you do. But... and isn't there always a but?

"my favorite with several iconic dishes like Tom Yam, Green Curry and Tom Kha Gai on my hate list. But I love Som Tam Gai Yang (minus pla raa and crab), all manner of noodles and street food like Khao Man Gai (chicken rice) and Hoi Thort (mussel or oyster omelette over bean sprouts). "

What! Khao Soi Gai did not make your "I love" list but Som Tam did? This is the difference between Southern Thai cooking and Northern Thai cooking. I cannot get used to that Isan style fermented fish sauce. In Hua Hin, I could eat Som Tam every day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark mark said:

"My favorite food is definitely Indian, which made 10th place. English (or British food) didn’t even make the list though I liked the comment of one guy on Facebook who disagreed saying: “Yes, they did. They were in 10th”. ... Har Har !!! YESSSS ... and well, I could add, that the Islamic Indian foods, ARE just about the best food in the world that I have ever tasted !!! ... I do not know if it is still there but In Penang, also the best Curry House in the world !!! .... But ? Possibly Here ??? ... Just around the corner from Soi Folang of Penang ??? Well was it ??? Chulis st.

If it is Ok to post it ? .... Like these Guys are just basic Boots on the Ground Islamic Indian food People. ... and NOT high flyers. (So do not expect a quiet meal !!!) ..... But yes ! ... just Great Islamic and Tamil food ? ... and the best Curries that I have ever tasted ??? ...

Food and the best Muslim Indian Curries !!! (And Tamil food ? so it seems ???) .... Hameediyah Restaurant, Lebuh Campbell, Georgetown, George Town, Penang, Malaysia, well there is 2 there ... including Hameediyah, which is a bit closer to Penang Road I think .... I possibly have been to both, probably Co owned, and you know Asia ... put a good restaurant in one place ... and soon enough you will have 5 Good ones there !!! ??? and a beer bar as well ??? Though I am not to sure about this place as it seems pretty Islamic. ... (And there is one thing that I always say about Arabs, and Muslims !!! .... and that is at least he bastards know how to Eat well !!! ???) 

I am not sure of this 360 degree camera picture of the second place will come through ... but well east to find !!! Just follow the Indian and Muslim diners down the street from Penang Road !!! right ???

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I find it hard to believe that Thai food is rated below that of the PI where overall the food is horrible. The only other country I can think of with worse food, is Cuba. Granted, if you are willing to spend the money, you can find good food. But, it is not the general rule, as it is here. Also, the access to fresh fruits and vegetables is pathetic compared to Thailand. Very low quality, and often not fresh. Thailand is a paradise by comparison, when it comes to all things related to food.

And for those who dissent, I would say step it up a notch. Perhaps the low quality street food, the food courts, and the 50 baht restaurants are simply not trying hard enough? There is alot of amazing food here.

644dbace82bbea828e7781dce07f077c.jpg

d2.JPG

sabeinglae-restaurant-koh-samui-5-X3.jpg

Too right! The food here is blo.dy delicious ! The quoted rating by this mob is total BS. Vietnamese food is also delicious and super healthy. How French food can be 5 on the ist is beyond me .. . local provincial cuisine is amazing. No wonder the Italian fare is rated tops ... I cannot describe in words the deliciousness of local produce Italian food. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark mark said:

Yes, I think that Durian, Also just basically pushes up your Sugar, so well a quite Old but successful (One of the old shop Boats Ladies of the Canals) ... who was a chronic Diabetic apparently, thought that she would get a new lease on Life, by eating a large amount of it !!! .... No Alcohol !!! .. But it did kill her any way !!! .... Apparently ! ? .... So I would get my Blood Sugar meter out ! If you eat a lot of it also I would think my self also ???

Try ginseng instead. Quite apart from restoring a stiff todger, it apparently has been proved to reduce blood sugar in clinical studies.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I find it hard to believe that Thai food is rated below that of the PI where overall the food is horrible. The only other country I can think of with worse food, is Cuba. Granted, if you are willing to spend the money, you can find good food. But, it is not the general rule, as it is here. Also, the access to fresh fruits and vegetables is pathetic compared to Thailand. Very low quality, and often not fresh. Thailand is a paradise by comparison, when it comes to all things related to food.

And for those who dissent, I would say step it up a notch. Perhaps the low quality street food, the food courts, and the 50 baht restaurants are simply not trying hard enough? There is alot of amazing food here.

644dbace82bbea828e7781dce07f077c.jpg

d2.JPG

sabeinglae-restaurant-koh-samui-5-X3.jpg

Agree. It does not have to be Thai either.

# Kaow pat goong, cooked by my GF

#Ham and salad roll, mango yoghurt smoothie

# Pad Siew Gai

#Vegetables bought at an Akha road stall in the mountains between Phrao and Wiang Pa Pao. 5 Avocados, 5 beetroot, two types of broccoli, red cabbage. 80 baht the lot.

goodmeal3.jpg

goodmeal15.jpg

goodmeal9.jpg

akhaveggies1.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Try ginseng instead. Quite apart from restoring a stiff todger, it apparently has been proved to reduce blood sugar in clinical studies.

Thanks, yes maybe time to see if I can find a pretty, .... Chinese Pharmacy to be able to get some !!! ... Yes, and Thanks Greatly. 

Is it Saturday already???   Actually pretty tame for you Mr Rooster, I expected a bit more crowing, but it has been a quiet week, and THANK YOU for not mentioning anything to do with the Pot Market and the legalities surrounding it............Guys/Gals it has always been available since the dawn of time, and always will............Peace

On 6/11/2022 at 2:37 PM, Mark mark said:

My Wife & I love Durian & we've been eating a lot of it. Her more me, but I have made the mistake of eating it after a beer & also tonic water. Anything fizzy & it plays havoc with my stomach for many hours afterwards.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Happy Howard said:

My Wife & I love Durian & we've been eating a lot of it. Her more me, but I have made the mistake of eating it after a beer & also tonic water. Anything fizzy & it plays havoc with my stomach for many hours afterwards.

Mine Also !!! ... Though I love it Also !!! ... Like No Pain No Gain ??? well ??? .... I do not know about that, so well I might just eat less !!! ??? Right ??? ... Thanks. Happy Howard !!!