Yes, it's still possible to eat meals in Thailand for 10 baht

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded went to a fresh food market in downtown Ratchaburi, south central Thailand, after getting word that a woman was selling noodles and rice dishes to go for just 10 baht.

It was at the "Jay Ngor Sri Muang" shop in the market run by 65 year old Ratchaneewan better known as "Jay Ngor".

Despite sky rocketing food prices she has been able to keep her prices to just 10 baht.

9pm1.jpg

She opens at 5 am and by midday she's sold 2,500 packets.

And the food is good quality with good ingredients that customers do not need to flavor additionally.

She's got dry noodles with red pork, Pad Thai, Pad Mama, Pad Kapow and sausage fried rice among a host of other Thai favorites. 

The media even provided Jay Ngor's phone number. 

The story certainly bucked the trend of other reports in Thailand of constantly rising prices, notes ASEAN NOW, proving that a wily owner selling in bulk could still provide value to customers. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-06-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I've never had a filling meal for less than 100 baht.  The standard 40-50 baht meal most vendors sell, is not a filling meal.  Simply a plate or bowl of food, not a meal.

Locally, one vendor has a very nice Khao Soi, with decent chicken or pork patty portion in it, and that will hold me over for a few hours @ 90 + 10 baht for a water.

Local burger lady, couple years ago, had burger + tater wedges for 75, so if 100 now, that would also work.   

It would be more accurate to describe the food as snacks.

I usually spend between 80 and 150 baht on a takeaway, more if I am ordering fish or beef steak in a restaurant.

The food looks tasty and she sell so much I reckon many people buy 5 and maybe do like a dim sum meal. 

But to suggest she is selling meals for 10 baht is rather fake news. 

Edited by Jingthing