Germinating your cannabis seeds the easy way.

Bit of experimentation on germinating now, bought some seed trays from Lazada for 50bht each.

And some cheap seeds from Facebook.

Planted 50 seeds 2 days back, and the first one (Super Lemon in a Jiffy pellet) is already up. I've planted half the seeds in a 50/50 peat moss/soil mix.

IMG_20220725_100755.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Bit of experimentation on germinating now, bought some seed trays from Lazada for 50bht each.

And some cheap seeds from Facebook.

Planted 50 seeds 2 days back, and the first one (Super Lemon in a Jiffy pellet) is already up. I've planted half the seeds in a 50/50 peat moss/soil mix.

IMG_20220725_100755.jpg

stay away from the thai bag soil. peat perlite should work better.

12 hours ago, digbeth said:

Anyone tried rockwool cubes? once the roots take hold just plant the whole cube in coco coir/peet moss mix should be good right?

Everything I ever planted in Rockwool failed.

On the other hand, I planted this tray on Sunday half using Jiffy pellets, and half using peat moss/bag soil mix (50/50). The first seed (pineapple) germinated in peat/soil in less than 48hrs.

IMG_20220726_085339.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 7:32 PM, pomchop said:

in simple terms males grow BALLS on the nodes ..females grow hairs on nodes...Balls appear fairly quickly on new male plants...as soon as u see balls destroy the plants or you will end up with females full of seeds..google has lots of pics to illustrate

No need for google here's a male plant growing in my home right now ...........

topped.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

On the other hand, I planted this tray on Sunday half using Jiffy pellets, and half using peat moss/bag soil mix (50/50). The first seed (pineapple) germinated in peat/soil in less than 48hrs.

IMG_20220726_085339.jpg

I have never had green fingers, but I potted the germinated seeds on Saturday night and put them outside. This was today(Tues) so I must be doing something right.

When do the need moving to bigger pots?

20220726_105629.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

IMG_20220726_085339.jpg

A suggestion using Jiffy's, the net should be exposed above the growing media as it will wick moisture from the root zone with a fan blowing over them, or high heat from a lamp.

Rockwool needs treatment before use.

rice555

1 minute ago, rice555 said:

A suggestion using Jiffy's, the net should be exposed above the growing media as it will wick moisture from the root zone with a fan blowing over them, or high heat from a lamp.

Rockwool needs treatment before use.

rice555

It should "NOT" be exposed above the planting media.

rice55

6 hours ago, rice555 said:

I haven't looked at the link, but I did 3% for 2min. on my 7YO

seed. 6 out 13 popped.

rice555 

The video goes over various tests and the results showed that 1% is much better than 3%, 2%, 5% and plain water.  Give the video a look.

That channel has a lot of valuable information and is worth scanning their various topics.

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The cheap seeds I bought from FB (200bht/50seeds) have germinated very well, but they're all a bit stretched for some reason.

I'm having a problem with seedlings stretching as well. What kind of light are you using above them and how close to their leaves can you get it?

Just now, Bobsuruncle said:

I'm having a problem with seedlings stretching as well. What kind of light are you using above them and how close to their leaves can you get it?

None of my Brit sourced seeds have done this.

I'm not convinced the Thai sourced seeds are what they claim to be.

• Haha 1