Unusual pick up places

3 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

Best if the girl has a room nearby, or there is a hotel somewhere you are willing to pay for.

Never take a pick up girl to your condo..I know from experience that they might show up uninvited. 

Had that happen years ago when I first came here.  Picked up a young girl freelancer on Beach Road. Dark skinned Issan girl but beutiful, face body. Didn't even know what to charge , when I asked she said $5. Figuered she was new so I said no and paid her $20. Went with her a few days then waited for a Thai girl from BKK to show up ( my now  Thai wife). Was sleeping with her when then around 2 AM my hotel room door opens up. It was the girl. The hotel staff let her  in as they had seen me with her before and she asked for me by name. I waved her away as my GF was in bed sleeping with me, she waved goodbye and in all my years visiting I have never seen her again. Guess she was just visiting  Pattaya as well.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

She didnt know exchange rate

She knew as I told her what the US $5  was in baht , think she maybe had never been with farang before and didn't know what to charge. Don't think she was a regular hooker  and definately not a bar girl. Just young  girl hanging on the beach with friends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I often see some fine Burmese women workers here. Construction, restaurants, etc. Often wondered if they are game. Always assumed not. Anyone have any information to the contrary?

Can't talk for their away game but it was full on in Yangon and a lot better in Bago.

1 hour ago, Genmai said:

Thanks, I hadn't actually considered this since it's pretty normal in my home country. Will be more careful about that. Anything else that comes to mind?

There was a long thread on Reddit about meeting people in Thailand. The gist of it was that most Thais make their friends in high school, university and or first job and these friendships generally last a lifetime. And they generally don't move to different areas change or jobs so there is little need to make new friends . All throughout that thread were posts from Thai people saying they find it difficult to just strike up conversations with strangers.

I have found Chiang Mai cold in this regard. I think the north doesn't care much for outsiders. That includes Thais from other regions not just foreigners. I do think this aspect of Thai culture is changing but not very fast.

At the end of the day it all depends on whether what you are looking for matches what they are looking for. Unfortunately, it seems there isn't much of a chance to communicate each others needs and wants unless it involves upfront money. Money is often times the elixir that buys you another few hours or days to explore.

Or, you have a hobby of some sort of interest that brings you into contact with Thais.

I've lived in Chiang Mai for 7 years and I think about moving to another region every once in a while, mostly for this reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The best thing you can do is to get them to laugh or smile, ASAP. Once they start laughing, they realize you are lighthearted, which is important to most Thai women, that you are not a "serious foreigner", and that you are fun to be around. Laughing and smiling is very disarming for a Thai. Never approach a Thai woman with a serious or stern attitude. It just will not work. 

Yes, this is a given and meant to include in previous post. Smile a lot, don’t be serious, wear nice shoes, speak Thai. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

She knew as I told her what the US $5  was in baht , think she maybe had never been with farang before and didn't know what to charge. Don't think she was a regular hooker  and definately not a bar girl. Just young  girl hanging on the beach with friends.

What beach?

56 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

maybe i go back see if she there

As I said I have been visiting Thailand and Pattaya Beach for over 20 years and never saw her again. Guess just local girl visiting Pattaya with friends hooking up with the farang for fun.

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I often see some fine Burmese women workers here. Construction, restaurants, etc. Often wondered if they are game. Always assumed not. Anyone have any information to the contrary?

Had one pick me up in a 'club' one night, she simply said '' you want me come room

you ?'' next morning realised she lived near me, never saw her again though.

• Haha 1

Don't do it.

Don't advise it.

You'll regret it.

Why?

Having a short-time pickup is the same as having a banana split.

image.jpeg.a04fe3f980ef4b6d73d118a1c4e1aa12.jpeg

The pleasure is only transitory.

And then, you will be looking for another, and another, almost endlessly, until you meet up with negative consequences.

I once had a pickup on the roof of the Hilton Hotel in Taipei, opposite the train station.

We went from the second-floor bar/lounge up to the roof.

The lounge was beautiful, as you might recall.

The roof was not.

I have always regretted it.

There was no lighting.

There were too many exhaust fans.

Also too many pipes to step over, in the dark, as you might know if you have done the same.

But the pipes and the darkness is not why I regret this pickup at the Taipei Hilton (no longer extant).

The reason I regret it, even to this day, is because it was sort of degrading, in a way.

When you are young, almost anything goes.

Except, do not have a pickup on the roof of a building if the roof is no more romantic than the typical construction site.

This is no way to treat a woman.

So solly (really!).

image.thumb.jpeg.f554564d859267f9cdea11c2bfbebbb0.jpeg

Men and Women are not the same.

Men think a roof, or similar, is a perfect place for romance.

Women, on the other hand, if they are normal, do not.

15 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Don't do it.

Don't advise it.

You'll regret it.

Why?

Having a short-time pickup is the same as having a banana split.

image.jpeg.a04fe3f980ef4b6d73d118a1c4e1aa12.jpeg

The pleasure is only transitory.

And then, you will be looking for another, and another, almost endlessly, until you meet up with negative consequences.

I once had a pickup on the roof of the Hilton Hotel in Taipei, opposite the train station.

We went from the second-floor bar/lounge up to the roof.

The lounge was beautiful, as you might recall.

The roof was not.

I have always regretted it.

There was no lighting.

There were too many exhaust fans.

Also too many pipes to step over, in the dark, as you might know if you have done the same.

But the pipes and the darkness is not why I regret this pickup at the Taipei Hilton (no longer extant).

The reason I regret it, even to this day, is because it was sort of degrading, in a way.

When you are young, almost anything goes.

Except, do not have a pickup on the roof of a building if the roof is no more romantic than the typical construction site.

This is no way to treat a woman.

So solly (really!).

image.thumb.jpeg.f554564d859267f9cdea11c2bfbebbb0.jpeg

Men and Women are not the same.

Men think a roof, or similar, is a perfect place for romance.

Women, on the other hand, if they are normal, do not.

Eat an apple