British biker, 83, is killed in a horror crash in Thailand after car pulls out in front of him

webfact

7 minutes ago, transam said:

I am sure we are all humbled by you having a few quid, I have my cap in hand Sir.....????

i bet you pull out in front of the humble motor bike in your top of the range pick up i would expect your collection are all expensive collectables. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

i bet you pull out in front of the humble motor bike in your top of the range pick up i would expect your collection are all expensive collectables. 

But, I don't have any................????..............????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/14/2022 at 7:29 AM, RandiRona said:

I would argue that for a 83 year old everything is a sudden or surprising event. Car is your best friend on Thai roads.

Ok tell the police that if you hurt a Thai while your driving.. yes sir i ran into him in my best friend 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

But, I don't have any................????..............????

referring to the guy you responded to with the plural motor bike and very big pick up not you sir .have a good day 

6 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

referring to the guy you responded to with the plural motor bike and very big pick up not you sir .have a good day 

But you spoke to me, Sir....????

But you are forgiven....????

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, it has, but you are probably British and blindly defend all like a true patriot. 

The naximum speed of any vehicle has no relevance. It is the speed and manner it is being ridden/driven that is relevant. Welcome to planet Earth.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

The naximum speed of any vehicle has no relevance. It is the speed and manner it is being ridden/driven that is relevant. Welcome to planet Earth.

The only relevance that I could possibly envisage regarding maximum design speed of a vehicle is that a vehicle designed for higher speeds is usually designed with better breaking performance.

So, when a standard sedan vs a supercar... or a scooter vs a super-sport motorcycle is forced to take an evading response, i.e swerve or brake hard the vehicle rated for performance is likely to do better.

This alone highlights the distorted bias presented by our resident fool...  a faster bike is rated for better performance, part of that performance is braking.. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

He knows???? …. He was being sarcastic ????towards the smug condescending pick up owning “ considerably richer & smarter than you” ( Harry Enfield Comedy Chatactet)  pompous poster ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The only relevance that I could possibly envisage regarding maximum design speed of a vehicle is that a vehicle designed for higher speeds is usually designed with better breaking performance.

So, when a standard sedan vs a supercar... or a scooter vs a super-sport motorcycle is forced to take an evading response, i.e swerve or brake hard the vehicle rated for performance is likely to do better.

This alone highlights the distorted bias presented by our resident fool...  a faster bike is rated for better performance, part of that performance is braking.. 

Of Course. Subject to Rider Experience & Skill. ????????& in Thailand ; Blind Dumb Luck ????

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

...that came off in the accident...how did that happen with a properly fastened helmet?

high impact can detach open face helmets ..more so if catch is old & worn ….should always wear full face western std. helmets…????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

First, you quote have great relevance to the post you quoted. After that, I have always related the talk about maximum sped to the person driving or speeding. Tell what it is you are trying to say.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its just a shame that you are unable to use your ‘financial means’ to improve your intelligence....  as highlighted by the distorted, ill thought out and unbalanced comments... :whistling:

But he’s considerably richer & therefore smarter than us ????????????and must demonstrate that frequently ????????????….recalls that H. Enfield character….

• Haha 2

On 6/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, Doctor Tom said:
On 6/14/2022 at 7:24 AM, webfact said:

was riding along the motorway when the car suddenly pulled out from a side road

There are no side roads on motorways, only slip roads.

There aren't any motorbikes on motorways, either.   It didn't happen on a motorway, obviously, it's just another inaccurate Daily Mail report.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Mean while you are the clear poster boy for creating something idiotic out of nothing....

Your comments possess an anti-British bias which causes you to assume anyone defending the deceased as being ‘British and over defensive’... but the reality is many are simply recognising that the motorcyclist was not at fault... nationality is utterly irrelevant, training and experience are the relevant factors, as may be age. 

You are looking for an issue with doesn’t exist...  all you are doing with every comment is highlighting with greater confirmation that your opinions are an oddly unhinged.

may be age???? Think that has more to do with it than training and experience. You know, reaction time, concentration level and so on.......

But, we will just wait for the result of investigation. Then you can say how wrong that one is. One good thing, will be that you are out of my hair. ???? 

On 6/14/2022 at 1:05 PM, billd766 said:
On 6/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, CartagenaWarlock said:

In the USA, if you read end a car you're always at fault even if the car put a sudden break in the middle of the road unless the front car has broken tail lights or the front driver driving drunk. 

But we are not in the USA and the USA traffic rules do NOT apply in Thailand, Just another meaningless diversionary post.

...and probably not true, either.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

On ‘you people’...  meaning ??...    anyone who disagrees with you, the British ?

On every comment so far on this thread you’ve managed to come up with some ‘strange stuff’ which only highlights oddity and bias... 

Do you believe the incident could have been motorcyclists fault ?....  

You people, means everyone who posts in the same way like you ???? 

It´s only odd, because you don´t understand it.

Yes, it can be, but as I said it would be nice to see the result of the investigation.

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, it can be, but as I said it would be nice to see the result of the investigation.

I'd agree...  IF there were an investigation carried out to the levels of professionalism we would expect of an accident investigation in some of our home nations. 

In this case I very much doubt any investigation is going to be more than...  paint the outline and assign blame.

23 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

maybe he suffered from the farang affliction whereby they think they own the road because they got their license in a "first world country" and that they're automatically better than Thai motorists. 

"...because they got their license in a "first world country" and that they're automatically better than Thai motorists". 

Sounds familiar, he must have been a Thaivisa member, then!

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
23 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

maybe he suffered from the farang affliction whereby they think they own the road because they got their license in a "first world country" and that they're automatically better than Thai motorists. 

"...because they got their license in a "first world country" and that they're automatically better than Thai motorists". 

Sounds familiar, he must have been a Thaivisa member, then!

If someone has obtained their driving licence or motorcycle licence from their home country it is likely they have undergone more extensive education, training and testing...

.... that doesn’t automatically make them better riders than all Thai’s.... but in aggregate the standards of road use and approach towards safety will be higher.... 

Perhaps that’s just bias (as you allude to Liverpool) and there is no difference...    but I don’t think so. 

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
23 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

did i miss something here it said motorbike on motorway.? i thought bikes were not allowed on motorways.  

It's the Daily Mail that "missed" something!

It's obviously not a motorway... but the writers at the Daily mail probably lack the knowledge of the different Thai roads.... i.e. Motorway, Tollway, Expressway, Highway etc... 

In this case, its clear the incident occurred a 2 (or 3) lane highway.....  

... As such any vehicle can use it... and its not a ‘sealed route’ with slip roads, vehicles can enter from farm tracks etc... there is usually, but not always a frontage road with makes things slightly safer when present - but these are more often on inter-provincial highways.... 

• Confused 1