No lifting of Thailand’s face masks in public mandate, some places may be exempted

snoop1130

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I will no longer be wearing a mask outdoors. Science denial by adults is not an appealing trait, and we all need to show some civil disobedience in the face of oppression. 

This is a good idea but probably won't work with foreigners. 

The newbies here are scared of their own shadow, and God forbid a Thai policeman. 

The lifers have developed a sense of Greng Jia and too worried about what other people think, and criticize the backpaker types, saying they give 'us' a bad name. 

17 hours ago, DezLez said:

I thought the wearing of masks was a medical requirement not a social measure!

I've said the masks are here to stay specifically due to 'social measures', by which I mean that masking will explicitness denote status.

Commoners will be expected to wear masks forever.  It will be a clear sign that one is from the commoner class.

Elites will make exemptions for themselves. And it will not be a clear exemption.  Just when elites get together, elites will not need to wear masks but the commoners serving them will need to be fully masked.  Just watch.
Gala for elites:  Elites maskless; servant class and commoner onlookers masked.
Festivals for the commoners:  Everyone masked; special elite zones maskless.

Anutin has clearly stated that masking is about social conditioning as opposed to public safety.  I don't believe that was a slip of the tongue.  It will be a 2022 revision of the Thai Cultural Mandates.

Elite - Unmasked
Commoners - Masked 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Enhancing beauty of many who wear them...

ain't that the truth! sometimes it's best not to ask that girl with the cute eyes to take her mask off. and of course I expect the feeling is mutual when I take off mine! ????

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, James105 said:

Yes, because it is anti scientific nonsense.   Wearing a mask outside on the way to a very crowded bar where it can legally be taken off is comically daft.   I hate to break it to you but you are not saving one single life by wearing a mask outdoors.   Those who put that idea into your (and many others) heads should be ashamed of themselves, but they are probably too busy counting their profits from their mask factories to do so.  

I've found masks to be somewhat useful when bar-hopping on the Suk; they greatly reduce the smell of those dirty diesel buses. 

dunno if the mask is actually filtering any PM2.5 particles like the packet says but they sure make the walk a little bit less unpleasant. 

19 minutes ago, connda said:

I've said the masks are here to stay specifically due to 'social measures', by which I mean that masking will explicitness denote status.

Commoners will be expected to wear masks forever.  It will be a clear sign that one is from the commoner class.

Elites will make exemptions for themselves. And it will not be a clear exemption.  Just when elites get together, elites will not need to wear masks but the commoners serving them will need to be fully masked.  Just watch.

Anutin has clearly stated that masking is about social conditioning as opposed to public safety.  I don't believe that was a slip of the tongue.  It will be a 2022 revision of the Thai Cultural Mandates.

Elite - Unmasked
Commoners - Masked 

Unfortunately the people who have bought into this madness neither see themselves as commoners or "masked".   They see themselves as heroes and the mask is simply their "cape", no doubt thinking that as they walk down the street with their mask on they are literally saving lives.   The only way this ends is mass civil disobedience, which thankfully is actually happening in Pattaya, but I'm not so sure about the rest of the country.  

19 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I've found masks to be somewhat useful when bar-hopping on the Suk; they greatly reduce the smell of those dirty diesel buses. 

dunno if the mask is actually filtering any PM2.5 particles like the packet says but they sure make the walk a little bit less unpleasant. 

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is asking for masks to be banned.   You would still be able to legally wear your mask wherever you wanted to.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Does wearing a mask bother you so much. Just a piece of cloth over part of your face and it may save you and others lives. Is this your political expression. Meant no malice but personally think you should complied to local rules. At some point in the near future, it will be lifted. 

I cannot agree that wearing a mask outside will save anybody's life especially at this stage in the "pandemic"

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is not about my politics, but rather theirs. Civil disobedience is a great thing, when faced with politically motivated oppression, and extremely dumb "local rules". Please share some scientific proof of the benefits of wearing masks outdoors, or on a motorbike, if you can. Bet you cannot. 

I Have to look on in  bemused amazement when I see a family of 5 on a motorbike all wearing masks, but none wearing helmets, It kind of puts things into perspective don't you think ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Bday Prang said:

I Have to look on in  bemused amazement when I see a family of 5 on a motorbike all wearing masks, but none wearing helmets, It kind of puts things into perspective don't you think ?

Well no, you get behind a shed of a Nissan pickup and see what a difference the mask makes.....????

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is not about my politics, but rather theirs. Civil disobedience is a great thing, when faced with politically motivated oppression, and extremely dumb "local rules". Please share some scientific proof of the benefits of wearing masks outdoors, or on a motorbike, if you can. Bet you cannot. 

Are we taking about wearing a face mask or subject someone to leg iron. It’s rather extreme to call mask wearing a political oppression and to say it is motivated is conspiratorial. I don’t like the junta government and their poor governance and lack of boldness. I can’t wait for the election. But I don’t use hyperbole to make accusation. Rules are rules unless you disregard as you implied.  Whether wearing mask indoor and outdoor when infections are still rampant and fatalities still occurring is moot but we need to abide by the law. Thais still not use to western style freedom and you can leave that at your doorstep. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Well no, you get behind a shed of a Nissan pickup and see what a difference the mask makes.....????

Good point , lol   but they weren't doing it before covid were they ?    maybe they hadn't figured it out

52 minutes ago, connda said:

Elite - Unmasked
Commoners - Masked 

Absolutely correct , a similar thing has happened already in most of the west where people are required to wear  Hi-viz vests to denote there working class status The reason for this is ostensibly for "health and safety" reasons  which is something that can NEVER be questioned.   Many years ago working class people would wear a "working mans" cap which was subtlety different from a country gentleman's cap.  Somethings never change 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Are we taking about wearing a face mask or subject someone to leg iron. It’s rather extreme to call mask wearing a political oppression and to say it is motivated is conspiratorial. I don’t like the junta government and their poor governance and lack of boldness. I can’t wait for the election. But I don’t use hyperbole to make accusation. Rules are rules unless you disregard as you implied.  Whether wearing mask indoor and outdoor when infections are still rampant and fatalities still occurring is moot but we need to abide by the law. Thais still not use to western style freedom and you can leave that at your doorstep. 

Infections still rampant? Honestly? Under 2,000 a day. Are we being a bit dramatic? 

Can you cite any science pertaining to wearing masks outdoors? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Exactly. We know helmets save lives. What do we know about the use of a cloth mask outdoors on a motorbike? Well, we know for certain they accomplish nothing. That is what we know. 

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Infections still rampant? Honestly? Under 2,000 a day. Are we being a bit dramatic? 

Can you cite any science pertaining to wearing masks outdoors? 

Are you now saying that you trust the government data?

Really not at all bother about finding for you data on outdoor masking. Just telling you to obey local mandates and not being dramatic in suggesting civil disobedience over a rather trivial matter. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Exactly. We know helmets save lives. What do we know about the use of a cloth mask outdoors on a motorbike? Well, we know for certain they accomplish nothing. That is what we know. 

thinking about it, I guess the way they see it is, that not wearing a helmet may possibly result in a small fine at a certain time / location whereas not masking up will result in dirty looks from their peers (  and possibly endanger their lives and the lives of others according to some lol)

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Most do not know  'asymptomatic spread was a lie', that is a position of complete ignorance. 

Thank you @jacko45k You beat me to it! ????

Asymptomatic spread is /was one of the reasons Covid spread so rapidly.

Having said that, mask wearing should be despatched to the history books as it is in most countries.

19 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Surprise, surprise. They are clearly not brave enough to make the logical and correct decision.

This mandate will probably still be in place this time next year.

Anutin hasn’t a clue .. He hasn’t a clue and is destroying any chance of Thailand  regaining any chance of advancement .. Well done elite

42 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

The big meeting happen yet?

Hoping to see no masks, no Thai Pass, no covid insurance, bars/clubs open until 2am

Then I can book my flight

Can't you do all that where you come from....????

Mask wearing outdoors has been lifted from 1st July (except in busy areas).

Whatever ‘busy areas’ means is perhaps down to discretion... 

Thailand Pass also no longer a requirement from 1st July. 

IF Khaosod report is correct: 

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1