Latest WISE (TransferWise) transfer from the US

I keep hearing stories about how long this person or that person is having receiving a international transfer using WISE.  And I have some myself.

Yesterday smoked it.  Less then 5 minutes for the transfer to arrive at my SCB account.  I'm impressed.

Transactions from the US are taking seconds these days, just like all those breathless reports from the UK or OZ over the years. Been doing so for over half a year.

Someone explained; as the DHS transactions from US, are the low cost option it takes longer. Sounded good, but now that DHS have been under a minute, literally seconds, not the 8, 24, 48 hours that transactions from the US once took, might have been something else.  Whatever the reason, it is nice.

15 hours ago, paulbl said:

5 seconds from the UK yesterday

It would be interesting to know, what reason you selected and which Thai bank received the transfer.

Mine always arrives at 1413 hrs on the same day, having made my transfer from UK at around 9am Local time  each time.  BKK  and funds for long term stay in Thailand chosen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

No have.

There is always the Thai way, drop some gold off, get the cash, then get the gold back later when the money arrives ???? Gold is their credit card..555

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

It would be interesting to know, what reason you selected and which Thai bank received the transfer.

Mine always arrives at 1413 hrs on the same day, having made my transfer from UK at around 9am Local time  each time.  BKK  and funds for long term stay in Thailand chosen. 

9am local time in the UK is already at least 15:00 local time in Thailand and your funds get in at 14:13 on the same day? ????

It's OK, those who understand know what you mean and why it happened like it did.  Self proclaimed financial wizzos will be along soon to express their disbelief and tell you what you're doing wrong.

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

There is always the Thai way, drop some gold off, get the cash, then get the gold back later when the money arrives ???? Gold is their credit card..555

Good they don't accept Bitcoin.
Dropping like a stone.

18 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I was doing more or less the same as you except that I was starting the transaction a little earlier, usually around 07:30 Thai time and always using  'funds for long term stay in Thailand' and I was getting the same result as you.

Then around 6 months ago, following something I read right here on the forum, I switched to using 'Monthly Living Expenses' (or words to that affect) and that was the day I received my first instant transfer into my Krungrsi account. And it's been that way ever since.

My conclusion is, that unless you need to use it to get an FTT code in your passbook, stay away from 'Funds for long term stay in Thailand'.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, treetops said:

9am local time in the UK is already at least 15:00 local time in Thailand and your funds get in at 14:13 on the same day? ????

It's OK, those who understand know what you mean and why it happened like it did.  Self proclaimed financial wizzos will be along soon to express their disbelief and tell you what you're doing wrong.

I wrote 9am local time.  As I live in Thailand  that is 0900am thai time  which is 0300 am uk time the day before. 

Edited by Raindancer
Correction
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

I wrote 9am local time.  As I live in Thailand  that is 0900am thai time  which is 0300 am uk time the day before. 

That's OK, it was the "local time each time" that could be misinterpreted but I got you, hence the ???? and your result was entirely as expected.

• Like 1

Sent £1400 from UK  Friday , my UK bank to BKK bank, wont be there until Monday - so three days. 

Problem I am having is the new going to your bank net to authorise it. I am waiting on spinning 'we are doing a quick check' screen until the site times out.  Having to send visa my debit card, rather than my bank account and losing £4 more a month. Technology is a making my life more hard, not more easy

6 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sent £1400 from UK  Friday , my UK bank to BKK bank, wont be there until Monday - so three days.

Over 50,000 baht which has cropped up a couple of times recently as potentially prompting a slower transfer irrespective of reason chosen.

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Problem I am having is the new going to your bank net to authorise it. I am waiting on spinning 'we are doing a quick check' screen until the site times out.  Having to send visa my debit card, rather than my bank account and losing £4 more a month. Technology is a making my life more hard, not more easy

I have never changed to the "new" method and still send using my UK bank website.  Works fine and avoids any extra charges.  Is this not an option for you any more?

1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

09h00 thai time and 03h00 UK time is the same day.

Edited by userabcd

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Best to transfer mon to thurs ie work days which are always quoted by business and govt and excluding the public holidays both in Thailand and abroad.

Theoretically if you tf on Fri and receive on mon it is 1 working day.

"Technology is a making my life more hard, not more easy" ...and more invasive.

Edited by userabcd

4 hours ago, himmel said:

Well ill throw my eggs in the basket, mine took 6 days Funded June 01, Paid out June 06

I think its quicker if the payment is made with your Debit card. If the funds are transferred from your bank account to Wise it will take longer. However , the limit on debit card is less.

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

I think its quicker if the payment is made with your Debit card. If the funds are transferred from your bank account to Wise it will take longer. However , the limit on debit card is less.

I don't know where himmel is from so don't know his banking procedures, but for the UK (and I believe the EU) bank to Wise transfers are almost instantaneous in nearly all cases.

Where are from that induces delays?