Non O Retirement Extension current requirements

Apologies … I’ve used search option and couldn’t find information. Unfortunately I don’t understand where to find pinned articles. I need to renew Non-O Retirement Extension.. what are the current requirements. I go to

UT immigration office. 

Thanks… Enjoy your day…

38 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Also, Landlord phone number.  They actually called my Landlord one time in Pattaya.  And of course, copies of rental contract if renting and copies of pages from your passport.  All copies need to be signed and dated.  

Yes copies of every page PP signed. 

2 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

You''ll also need to draw a map of where you live.

Never had to do that.

This is the list of what I brought to my IO (Chiang Mai) last January

(I use money in the bank in a separate account, and I own my condo)

---------

passport and copies (first page, orig visa transfer, latest extension)
tm6 and copy
tm30 and copy
90 days (needs copy too, the officer kindly did it right there for me)
bank letter and copy (copy not needed)
orange passbook (bank deposit) and copy
tm 7 filled and signed (remember to add phone number)
"overstay" declaration and stm2, filled and signed (copies not needed)
(tm 8 I had but not needed, re-entry)
blue passbook (regular checking account),  no copies. just in case (not needed)
yellow housebook,  blue housebook no copies. just in case (not needed)
no extra pics (I didn't ask re-entry on this date)

• Like 2

I am one of those that uses an agent every year. The company I use is one of the top companies here in Chiang Mai and it cost only 5,500 baht to handle the retirement extension. Wow, some of the other prices I hear people pay is way too high. For 400 baht more they will also handle all of the bank stuff that is needed. To me, paying 5,900 baht to handle everything 100% is worth the price. All I do is drop off my passport with the agent at the company, Then a couple of days later, they call me to meet them at immigration (or they will drive me). They direct me to the spot to have my picture taken and 2 minutes later they hand me my passport. To me it can't get any easier. But I know a lot of people would rather handle things themselves. But then you hear all of these stories of what went wrong and etc...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Up to you mate. Its largely a myth that only people who don't meet the requirements use agents. All my friends use an agent and we all meet the reequipment's.  We use agents to smooth the way and avoid immigration visits and  IOs,  that to me is well worth the money.  No hassle, no stress, no faffing around with documentation and photo copies 

My experience is that despite using an agent you still have to show up along to the i.o. because they have to make a picture from you.

Recently had to undergo this procedure.

• Like 1

I renewed my retirement extension in Phuket last week and was given back my the map. I was told that it was only needed if my address had changed from the previous year. 

The Phuket Immigration volunteers website is good, but it has two errors. It says that extensions can only be done 30 days in advance, but in fact they can be done 45 days in advance (I went in exactly 45 days early). It also says a map is required - but it wasn't.  

13 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

A good agent, your passport, your bank book and 15,000 Bhat, It could not be easier. 

Chiang Mai. I have used agent for over a decade and it costs me less than half that service price. Renewal 1900 baht, so about 5000 baht to "handle it". I use monthly income of 65K baht.

2 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

I am one of those that uses an agent every year. The company I use is one of the top companies here in Chiang Mai and it cost only 5,500 baht to handle the retirement extension. Wow, some of the other prices I hear people pay is way too high. For 400 baht more they will also handle all of the bank stuff that is needed. To me, paying 5,900 baht to handle everything 100% is worth the price. All I do is drop off my passport with the agent at the company, Then a couple of days later, they call me to meet them at immigration (or they will drive me). They direct me to the spot to have my picture taken and 2 minutes later they hand me my passport. To me it can't get any easier. But I know a lot of people would rather handle things themselves. But then you hear all of these stories of what went wrong and etc...

Your money, your choice, no criticism from me. However I want to note that "all the stories of what went wrong" never happened to me. Also CM. If I have my papers ready, and I do not act confrontational, the IO is happy with me and I am happy with them, year after year. Last two years I have been using the online appointment system, really quick, in and out in 20 minutes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Up to you mate. Its largely a myth that only people who don't meet the requirements use agents. All my friends use an agent and we all meet the reequipment's.  We use agents to smooth the way and avoid immigration visits and  IOs,  that to me is well worth the money.  No hassle, no stress, no faffing around with documentation and photo copies 

If it's worth the money to you, then it's all that matters.

But I don't get the part about avoiding immigration visits and  IOs, surely you still have to be there in person.

12 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Never had to do that.

This is the list of what I brought to my IO (Chiang Mai) last January

(I use money in the bank in a separate account, and I own my condo)

---------

passport and copies (first page, orig visa transfer, latest extension)
tm6 and copy
tm30 and copy
90 days (needs copy too, the officer kindly did it right there for me)
bank letter and copy (copy not needed)
orange passbook (bank deposit) and copy
tm 7 filled and signed (remember to add phone number)
"overstay" declaration and stm2, filled and signed (copies not needed)
(tm 8 I had but not needed, re-entry)
blue passbook (regular checking account),  no copies. just in case (not needed)
yellow housebook,  blue housebook no copies. just in case (not needed)
no extra pics (I didn't ask re-entry on this date)

So, was the bank-certified statement for the year not required? I just use my regular passbook account, and forgot to update it for months, so the individual transactions don't show. Even so, they can see that no deposits were made during this time, which means that I didn't go under the 800K or 400K limits.

16 hours ago, Richard 2020 said:

Easier to do it yourself, and safer too!

In addition, why pay 15,000 THB when I can do it myself for 1,900 THB?

And above all, I do not give my passport so easily out of hand!

With an agent but probably only, for those who do not fulfill the requirements ????

The few hours of time, should be for a "pensioner" but probably no problem, right ?

No- with an agent because queueing at Immigration is not an option due to age and infermity

In nearly 40 years never once used an agent, however at 80 years of age it is likely that sooner or later I will have to. Gone are the days, apparently, when the old and infirm could ask for house visits by immigration in order to complete the annual extension.

8 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

My experience is that despite using an agent you still have to show up along to the i.o. because they have to make a picture from you.

Recently had to undergo this procedure.

The agents are now mandated to take the photo, there is no longer a requirement to visit Immigration if you use one of their 'dedicated' agents 

5 hours ago, arithai12 said:

If it's worth the money to you, then it's all that matters.

But I don't get the part about avoiding immigration visits and  IOs, surely you still have to be there in person.

No, you don't.  I haven't been 'inside' an Immigration office in 4 years.  90 dray reports at Jomtien are done outside that office in a covered area.  

Bought our house (her house/village marriage) 6 years ago and don’t pay rent. Is there a document I need for IO other than house book? My name isn’t on the house book. Thanks 

3 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Bought our house (her house/village marriage) 6 years ago and don’t pay rent. Is there a document I need for IO other than house book? My name isn’t on the house book. Thanks 

Wife's house book registry and ID card is enough to prove your she owns the house you live in. Also copies signed by her.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

5500 baht is cheap considering we have to pay 1900 baht for the extension itself. 

So the agent only took 3500 baht to be shared with the 'c' officer inside.

The only con is that if one is caught by higher-up, it will be difficult renewing it in the future.

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

No, you don't.  I haven't been 'inside' an Immigration office in 4 years.  90 dray reports at Jomtien are done outside that office in a covered area.  

I am not interested in playing with words. Have a good day.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, DJ54 said:

what are the current requirements

Some requirements vary from province to province, like "medical certificate". The Immigration I use is know to be one of the most strict. so not all requirements might apply everywhere, here is their list...

2021_Retirement-extension.thumb.jpg.bf57