Incompetent or on the take.... those are the choices

VFS - Australian one - has been a gripe for mine for quite some time - what a terrible web experience.

Spent an hour on the phone calling to home affairs in Australia - answer is - "not our problem, call VSF".

Contact them with a long and very detailed complaint, and this is the answer

Thank you for the update.

Kindly write back to us if any further assistance needed.

Assuring you of our best services always!

Warm Regards, 

Xxx

VFS Global Customer Care

Flabbergasted, speechless - as if they have resolved the issue.

The oz side is either incompetent or on the take to blatantly let VFS get away with such shoddy service which we pay for.

Edited by skippybangkok

as a  "cough cough" usa citizen  i get the same crraapp   what i discovered is if you contact your representative or congressman woman .. and ask for help then they will contact the people

for me sometimes i contacted the wrong rep but was redirected to the correct one 

luck to ya 

• Confused 1

Here is my take before I start yes it happens everywhere but in different degree?  Since responding is basically in Thailand here Is the difference in degree in general you can't do much about it If anything In Thailand but complain like we are doing the minority say we are bashing Thais But we are just venting because we can't do much about it. 

I can't speak for Australia but from talking to others from the West you have more say or to do something about it. 

Although I'm Big supporter of private Unions I'm not with public ones Because of what the ops had posted in his experience in general I too use the phrase jokingly those who work for the government can't Hang in the real world. 

Politican justification they must pay more than the private sector to get the best and brightest has failed. I've seen and read a number of public union contracts particularly transportation come away shaking my head. 

In the West, you do have a say an avenue If you have the will there is a way unfortunately I've brought action against a number of agency in my City you dig long and hard sooner or later you will find a smoking gun. 

Without listing the big stuff here is one small one.  I drove a commercial vehicle at one time I basically a route in one location there was a YMCA, so during lunch I had to find a commercial location for an hour there was one in front one day as I park a police vehicle pulled up as I finished parking I walked in with my gym bag to check in started to get lip from the police after a half hour of jawing I left without him knowing I got his badge number and vehicle number. I found out from the clerk YMCA later on my deliveries the police was there on his own personal business that his base was across town I went down to file a complaint to the police commission after the hearing it didn't go well for him.

That is the difference you do have recourse not here in Thailand for example unless you are Thai. 

Edited by thailand49

It's a great niche business.  The various state departments don't want to deal with the endlessly unique (from completely normal rubber stamp to almost science fiction type situations) circumstances that tourists/immigrants/migrants bring to the process and the customer base is growing steadily in perpetuity.  If I had to deal with a river of people lying to me every single day about just about everything other than their photo, I'd outsource it too.   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I now use an agent to deal with it all for a few thousand extra baht.

Sounds like a good idea.

How do I locate one of those?

I'm in Buriram and will be needing a new passport by the end of this year.

6 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Us Brits get a similar experience with VFS as well.

I now use an agent to deal with it all for a few thousand extra baht.

Oz passports have to be applied for in person, you can not use an agent. They return new pp by EMS post.