I'm not tipping anymore I don't give a

9 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

tipped 5k in a few days ? What do they say about a fool and his money ?

True , I was a fool !!!

Absolutely!

And I soon learnt in those 5 days why ?

Why I need to tip ?

But.......

Look, if the service was great ,eg the waitress went out of their way for you ,or the taxi driver waited a long time for you or you are maybe going back to the same place everyday then yes tip,but doesn't have to be a lot because I soon found out if you tip a lot they don't remember.

And....don't be like my mate and tip everyone !

Ridiculous because he feels guilty 

As for regular places 20 b is sufficient, yes absolutely I was a fool the last 5 days,I doubt expats in Pattaya Phuket etc tip everyday anyway 

I thinks it's tourists that tip, I can't see expats especially pensioners tipping everyday !

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Here's a tip.........................................Buy low, sell high!

And be kind to  your mother .

But.. talking about buying low..I just bought shares on the ASX at low price,it was flight Centre travel shares , they went even lower !

But do expats living in tourist areas actually tip everyday for every service ?

Edited by georgegeorgia

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Tipping is annoying, i agree give minimal or nothing, leave it to the Americans they love tipping. Except massages, 50 baht+, hard work for an hour for 100+ baht.

It's up to the owner to pay staff a decent wage

I'm not sure Americans "love" tipping, but back there if you don't tip massively you invite being verbally assaulted. It's more like we're conditioned to tip. It is REQUIRED. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If Bill Gates tips 200 baht, it's nothing to him.  If you can TRY to make someone happier, you should try.  If it doesn't work, don't throw everyone else under the bus.   Thai people are poorer than falang, so help them if you can.  If you aren't Bill Gates, 10 baht is better than zero.   If they look at you like a dirty, horrible person......don't go there again.  it's simple.  

I accidently sent via my phone 10000 instead of 100....and I said, "mai bpen rai" and smiled.

She then applied to University, got a PhD, and saved 10 million lives!!!!!!!     

• Like 2