Mongkolkit Lashes At Police Move To Hit Bangkok Motorists With Arrest Warrants

webfact

image.jpeg

A policeman putting a traffic ticket on the windshield of a sedan. Photo: Autofun.co.th

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

MAVERICK MP Mongkolkit Suksintharanon today (June 22) lambasted the Metropolitan Police Bureau’s plan to have arrest warrants issued for traffic rule violators who may have failed to pay for their traffic tickets and called on police chief Pol. Maj. Gen Suwat Jangyodsuk to immediately rescind such a “demented” plan.

The Thai Civilized leader/MP said he is giving the police chief and Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol. Lt. Gen. Samran Nualma 48-hour time to revoke the questionable plan to have arrest warrants issued by court for those who may have failed to pay fines for any traffic tickets handed out by traffic police anywhere on the city’s streets.

Mongkolkit said he himself will manipulate a street protest of some 1,000 Bangkok motorists against the questionable arrest warrant plan outside the National Police headquarters or the Metropolitan Police Bureau if his stern warning against it is ignored by the police chief.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/06/22/mongkolkit-lashes-at-police-move-to-hit-bangkok-motorists-with-arrest-warrants/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-06-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Police trying to enforce the law , people against it, an MP to boot,

if you speed , park in no parking zone, or any other traffic offence

and are given a ticket , you need to pay it, BUT this is Thailand ........

I remember a long time ago they were voting in parliament on laws

making DUI an offence , an MP says I am not voting for that as I drink

drive, I cannot remember if it passed at that sitting or not...

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

MAVERICK MP Mongkolkit Suksintharanon today (June 22) lambasted the Metropolitan Police Bureau’s plan to have arrest warrants issued for traffic rule violators who may have failed to pay for their traffic tickets and called on police chief Pol. Maj. Gen Suwat Jangyodsuk to immediately rescind such a “demented” plan.

Think 'Mong' is demented in thinking people should not have to face up to making good on their failures as drivers. - maybe he has a lot of tickets ?  

• Like 1

I support this for more serious failures to appear; DUI, hit and run, reckless driving, but many western countries don't waste their resources and cost of processing on minor traffic warrants any longer.  Some have a cut off if their are numerous violations or, use it as a tool if they want to question the violator about another matter.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Will B Good said:

One of the most amazing pieces I have read......an MP unilaterally demanding the police do or do not do something??? Who the f does he think he is?

Plus why shouldn't arrest warrants be issued for non-payment of fines?

Because there are more pressing issues, and as it stands now the police barely ever do the real work of policing.

Many bent cops are the ones who need to be locked up, not someone who speeds a bit on the highway. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Civilized leader/MP said he is giving the police chief and Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol. Lt. Gen. Samran Nualma 48-hour time to revoke the questionable plan to have arrest warrants issued by court for those who may have failed to pay fines for any traffic tickets handed out by traffic police anywhere on the city’s streets.

God has spoken... 

Could tell MP Mong we’ve heeded your advise and will discontinue collecting traffic fines. Along with this changing funding for MPs salary and expenses will paid by traffics fine monies. …. . How do you like us now…

17 hours ago, swm59nj said:

In certain other countries.  If you  don’t pay your fines.  You sometimes go to jail. And/ or your vehicle might be impounded. 

Was a passenger and we got stopped … driver wasn’t ticketed and I was to to jail on a warrant for not paying a fix it ticket for worn wiper blades…. This was back in the day when cruising was popular and sometimes you’d get a ticket for something crazy… 

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And if you still don't pay your car could be auctioned or crushed.

But in Liverpool the person who broke the law and fined would not often be the owner of the vehicle to which the fine was attached ????