Movies which you didn't watch when they came out

Yesterday I saw an interview with a guy who recently watched the movie Idiocracy (from 2006). He said it was one of the funniest movies he ever watched.

I never heard of that movie before but I thought: Let's try. So I downloaded it and watched it.

Wow, great movie! And I am happy I missed it 16 years ago. I am sure watching it now is so much better and inspiring.

Have a look and enjoy!

Are there any movies which you didn't know existed and then you saw them years later and you really enjoyed them?

Tell us about them!

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Thanks 1

I'm a big fan of Mike Judge. Beavis and Butthead. King of the Hill. If there's a sleeper Mike Judge movie it is Office Space. Not successful on release but somewhat iconic since - highly recommend it - especially for office workers past or present. For me Idiocracy was full of really good ideas and it predicted Trumpism in a way but somehow didn't work as a whole. Might have to have a second look. 

Saw The Eyes of Tammy Faye on the plane on the way home the other day. Not successful on box office but thought it was good in that it held back from simply parodying her and the the religious right but still telling a good story and making the shortcomings fairly clear. Not old I know but similarities in theme to Idiocracy.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I have never seen Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which is weird because I watched it being filmed at Paramount Studios (the scene at the end, when it’s raining). Maybe I should see it someday.

Watch it!

I saw it long time ago and you just inspired me that I should look it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I have never seen Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which is weird because I watched it being filmed at Paramount Studios (the scene at the end, when it’s raining). Maybe I should see it someday.

Very good film, although the ending was somewhat saccharine. Another good one with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant was "Charade".

"African Queen" is another classic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Just read about a movie called Prime Cut with Gene Hackman and Lee Marvin. Never seen it so be interested to see how it stands up after 50 years.

I really can't recall Gene Hackman ever making a bad movie.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Very good film, although the ending was somewhat saccharine. Another good one with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant was "Charade".

"African Queen" is another classic.

Interesting fact about Charade. Bizarrely they failed to publicly announce copyright so it immediately entered into the public domain. 

• Like 2

Star Wars and The Empire strikes back.

watched in 1983,ish as a double bill on a Saturday afternoon  on the big screen in central London.

Also popped an LSD trip ( pink panther one) an hour before

Wow what a day, amazing.

On 6/24/2022 at 3:03 PM, giddyup said:

Just read about a movie called Prime Cut with Gene Hackman and Lee Marvin. Never seen it so be interested to see how it stands up after 50 years.

I enjoyed this movie. I agree with @Lacessit - I've not seen a bad movie with Gene Hackman in it.

• Like 1