RTP message to tourists flooding back: We're gonna impress you and make you feel all fuzzy inside

webfact

17 hours ago, swm59nj said:

The smile is if there is something people feel they can get out of it.  Especially when it comes to a foreigner .  Other wise they could care less about you.  
I have lived in Bangkok three years so far.  I have experienced more rudeness during that time.  Compared to most other places. 
The Thai smile is just a tourism thing. 

I don't know what your definition of rudeness is. I could care less about smiles schmiles . What's rude are these local lowlife males riding motorbikes on the sidewalks. Do you here this RTP ?? Didn't think so.

12 hours ago, Excel said:

Yes but was not designated a terrorist act, rather a reprisal for the stance Thailand took on Uyghurs.  There was actual 2 more prior to that one , Siam BTS and somewhere else I can't remember which were attributed to the political unrest.

Aside from bomb going off I was feeling the same in fact I felt or wouldn't put it pass the current government to plant such to keep themselves in power? 

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I thought IOs had facial muscles surgically removed as part of the job specifications?

Unfair that that as no surgery is needed when they are genetically bred. ????

Similar could be said about the selection process for immigration officers in the UK, it appears that no non coloured native people, fluent in the language are eligible for those posts anymore. Mind you it is a long time since I went back so perhaps the policy has changed.

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

immigration officers in the UK, it appears that no non coloured native people, fluent in the language are eligible for those posts anymore. Mind you it is a long time since I went back so perhaps the policy has changed.

Blimey it is a long time since you went back!  It's hard to spot a white officer in most UK airports (and many districts round Bradford!)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Its a developing country its always improving. However with the regeneration of island habitats over last 2  Years its never been better.  Why would 30 million stop coming here all of a sudden. Can you be specific because sorry your making no sense. That's an unbelievable drop by your calcs

I'm assume your comparing it to SEA And not first world. 

no where in SEA changed in last 2 years so are the others doomed as well 

There's another point. How many potential tourists do days of research about the local politics, police activities etc., etc?

I suggest the answer is less than 1%.

Bottom line - friends had a holiday in Thailand / lots of TV adverts to visit Thailand, let's go.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Similar could be said about the selection process for immigration officers in the UK, it appears that no non coloured native people, fluent in the language are eligible for those posts anymore. 

A Turban, Beard or Mustache is required now.

and similar attire for the ladies plus black lipstick.

Welcome to Little Britain.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

A Turban, Beard or Mustache is required now.

and similar attire for the ladies plus black lipstick.

Welcome to Little Briton.

Been like that for a long time. And why do you think most of the EU are so glad the UK left ? Sure the French have their problems with the North Africans but guess it is a trade off between the smell of shisha pipes against endless streets of curry fumes. ????

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:36 AM, stoner said:

the cannabis floating around thailand is no where near the quality to help them make this happen. 

Bad source , awesome Blueberry  around probably 26 to 28% Northeast near Mekong 

Edited by San Fran Dan

4 minutes ago, San Fran Dan said:

Bad source , awesome Blueberry fritter around probably 26 to 28% Northeast near Mekong 

test results to prove the thc levels ? 

i will refute all claims of bud in thailand until i inspect and scientifically test it by means of combustion ????

almost certain bud that level is not grown in thailand either.  unless it carries testing it's bro talk or simply import. 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:01 PM, Mavideol said:

and none of them will speak one word of a foreign language.... tourist police on a tourist oriented country but not speaking any foreign languages seen it as it happen in front of me and I had to help translate

To be fair to some of them the IO at Kamphaeng Phet and the one at Nakhon Sawan are/were both very good and many of the staff speak good English and are very helpful too.

I think a lot of the problems are the IOs are different in most offices and some of their clients are less than helpful too.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 2:51 PM, swm59nj said:

The smile is if there is something people feel they can get out of it.  Especially when it comes to a foreigner .  Other wise they could care less about you.  
I have lived in Bangkok three years so far.  I have experienced more rudeness during that time.  Compared to most other places. 
The Thai smile is just a tourism thing. 

No it isn't. I spent 4 years working in BKK during the 1990s and another 3 years in the 2000s and more time later on. I have lived here full time since 2001 and up in rural Kamphaeng Phet since 2004. 

Perhaps it was me but I always got a smile and I still do nowadays, from younger girls, older ladies and men too. I have experienced no rudeness but as I said perhaps it is me and my attitude towards Thais.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 3:09 PM, Excel said:

Not just Farangs the issue, in Udon Thani yesterday and spotted an Indian. that's a first for me and my wife.  Quite how he got this far up I am not sure but was with a rather butch looking Thai lady so its anyone's guess. And before anybody asks, he was not wearing a gold necklace. 

Obvious.

He has already a thai gf, how on earth could he still have the necklace.

Necklace gone, a new phone or handbag bought instead.

23 hours ago, mikebell said:

Blimey it is a long time since you went back!  It's hard to spot a white officer in most UK airports (and many districts round Bradford!)

One has to get used to being vetted by someone in a turban...'Are you British?'.....

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

To be fair to some of them the IO at Kamphaeng Phet and the one at Nakhon Sawan are/were both very good and many of the staff speak good English and are very helpful too.

I think a lot of the problems are the IOs are different in most offices and some of their clients are less than helpful too.

you are one of the lucky ones I don't think the majority of offices fit your point... or maybe I am one of the unlucky ones  555

21 hours ago, stoner said:

test results to prove the thc levels ? 

i will refute all claims of bud in thailand until i inspect and scientifically test it by means of combustion ????

almost certain bud that level is not grown in thailand either.  unless it carries testing it's bro talk or simply import. 

What THC level would enable a vision quest to obtain guidance from the spirits of my ancestors?

Open-Yourself-To-Visions.jpg

IMG20220626173523.thumb.jpg.0b7e2b81f222f9c922813d7777e436fe.jpgRTP , TAT.  How about enforcing some of your so called rules. Instead of endless lines of bs: Like the No Smoking ordinance. Because if not Trip Advisor should put out a warning to non smoking visitors. Just about 90% of "these" asian males , foreign as well as local are smoking everywhere. I don't know what's with these sh"tbirds. Then about 45%

of the non asian foreign male trash are smokers  too. Like this no go zone Pattaya Tai area around Tuc Com.

Edited by morrobay

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

you are one of the lucky ones I don't think the majority of offices fit your point... or maybe I am one of the unlucky ones  555

From what I have read on TVF over the years it seems to be the bigger IO in cities. bigger towns and tourist areas which seem to be the worst.

Perhaps because out in the smaller provinces they get less customers and are more relaxed and can spend the extra time without their bosses on their backs all the time.

I know after going to Suan Phlu a few times in the old days out here the IO is a nice place to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1