RTP message to tourists flooding back: We're gonna impress you and make you feel all fuzzy inside

webfact

The smile is if there is something people feel they can get out of it.  Especially when it comes to a foreigner .  Other wise they could care less about you.  
I have lived in Bangkok three years so far.  I have experienced more rudeness during that time.  Compared to most other places. 
The Thai smile is just a tourism thing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Are the tourist police also issued with drunken tourist control sticks?

image.jpeg

America's supreme court ruled against gun control maybe Thailand should rule against stick control You really need one hand free to drink a beer.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Scowls were out and that famous Thai smile was back - bigtime. 

image.png.3ffc6db335edb6b89ca876bc0dfae8db.png

Eh?  They are all wearing masks.   Are we expecting lots of tourists with x-ray vision who will be able to see this alleged famous Thai smile?  Or are they actually going to be brave little soldiers and remove the masks?  

11 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

America's supreme court ruled against gun control maybe Thailand should rule against stick control You really need one hand free to drink a beer.

I wonder how many sets of these drunken foreigner sticks exist, and where?

This seem a common thing with the RTP,  I remember talking to a captain at Na  Jomtien in regards to s friends accident which the other party made a written admission but yet in a later meeting they wanted my friend to pay the party 200,000 out of goodness of his insurance agent he said They would pay 100,000 the other 100,000 he has to foot himself.  The captian said you would feel better about yourself I smile and joke I would feel better if I could slap you across your face.  Told him next meeting before we come will come with lawyers never heard again. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

while saying that the force will be making sure that all tourists register at hotels - 100%.

What's this about?? If the TM6 is suspended how exactly are they going to make sure? stop tourists on the street and demand papers? That always makes me feel welcome...

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Gen. Damrongsak Kittipraphat has likely been smoking alot of cannabis, or doing some outstanding mushrooms. He is so out of touch, he does not seem to have the faintest idea who his police force is, when they can or cannot do, and how many countless issues face the tourism industry here.

And they keep on insisting all you have to do is announce you are open, and most restrictions are gone, and millions will just flock back in, and if nothing happened. The world is a different place, and tourism here will never, ever be the same again. 

Tourism Here Never the same again? 

Please explain 

Thousands of posts after every coup after every terrorist bomb

NEVER SAME AGAIN

But guess what.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whereyougo said:

after every terrorist bomb

Are talking about the deep South only, because that's the only place any terrorist bombs have gone off although strictly speaking they're not either as it is the insurgents down there.

4 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

Tourism Here Never the same again? 

Please explain 

Thousands of posts after every coup after every terrorist bomb

NEVER SAME AGAIN

But guess what.... 

3 to 5 million arrivals a year for the next 5 years. At most. Nothing has improved here. The culture is not the same with all the whitewashing going on. Things are more expensive, though reasonable compared to the rest of the world. I will grant you that. 

5 hours ago, proton said:

feeling all fuzzy when charged up to 10x the cost for Thais ? 

No different than any other country.  Don't believe me go to Vegas or Toronto buy something in the tourist zone then go into the locals store's 

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

3 to 5 million arrivals a year for the next 5 years. At most. Nothing has improved here. The culture is not the same with all the whitewashing going on. Things are more expensive, though reasonable compared to the rest of the world. I will grant you that. 

Its a developing country its always improving. However with the regeneration of island habitats over last 2  Years its never been better.  Why would 30 million stop coming here all of a sudden. Can you be specific because sorry your making no sense. That's an unbelievable drop by your calcs

I'm assume your comparing it to SEA And not first world. 

no where in SEA changed in last 2 years so are the others doomed as well 

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:
6 hours ago, webfact said:

while saying that the force will be making sure that all tourists register at hotels - 100%.

so tourists that come to see family and stay with them cannot, they must register at hotels

You don't expect Thais to think something through, do you? Of course you don't. Another mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1