Covid is back in Pattaya

19 hours ago, arick said:

I had it before I was vaccinated! 

On 7/2/2022 at 7:18 AM, arick said:

Had it two weeks ago. Sick for fours. Didn't test positive until the fourth day. Felt almost the same as the first time. So much for the three vaccines. Mine was brought down from up north not from pattaya 

I was in a bank yesterday in Pattaya, a woman had her number called, she was rotten with flu (probably covid) she was sniff, sniff, sniff with her runny nose, and cough-cough-cough. I would have been the next number. Dammed if I was going to stand up at that same counter when she was finished....and have to touch the counter and use the same pen. I just got out of there. I'll do my banking another day. But what the hell happened to self isolation???

On 7/1/2022 at 6:30 PM, Danderman123 said:

Aa long as the hospitals don't fill up

That's really the biggest problem, especially outside of the bigger cities.

Thailand seems to weather all the waves very well.

So far. 

59 minutes ago, wn2c said:

I know many unvaccinated who had only 1 night fever and next day out... So much drama for nothing, the world is really fuxxed and brainwashed !

I also know many people unvaccinated that had fever and was sick for a few days, I also know 2 guys that has died from it. Why take that risk? Tell my dead friends they were brainwashed. 

Edited by Eaglekott
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

I also know many people unvaccinated that had fever and was sick for a few days, I also know 2 guys that has died from it. Why take that risk? Tell my dead friends they were brainwashed. 

Yes I also think that they were brainwashed by the  food industry and their own stupidity. Maybe you forgot to tell that they were totally unhealthy and/or old ? Of course oldies are supposed to die sooner or later, they like it or not... If they were old and didn't vaccinate, they were also idiots, but don't tell me that it was correct to vaccinate the whole world for a flu !

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

Still very lucky. And I believe that the natural immunity defenses is better that vaccine, and I also believe that all of us will catch Covid on a regular basis and every time we do we will naturally boost our immune defense. Vaccines is very good to teach your immune defense to be prepared before you get exposed to it the first time. Might also be good to maintain your defense levels with boosters.

yes but it seems that getting covid several times is dangerous, each time can add definitive health problems...

so whatever people "think" (as if they were able to), they should wear a mask !

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you're getting mixed up with dengue, and BTW masks are a waste of time as proved by real life studies, not the useless ones in labs

Scientists disagree with you.

And you think they are conspiring to make you wear a mask because reasons.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you're getting mixed up with dengue, and BTW masks are a waste of time as proved by real life studies, not the useless ones in labs

I guess that you base this on the stupid articles saying that mask are too large for a small virus ?

you should learn how to read the correct things.

small virus or not, the chance that the virus hits the fabric is high, whatever BS you have read anywhere.

Why people still want to look so ridiculous 2 years later ? masks work OF COURSE !

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Scientists disagree with you.

no they don't, except the wrong ones, look at the real life studies for example in Bavaria people wore N95 masks and the outcome with the rest of Germany was the same.

Look at Pattaya, everyone wearing masks but covid still spread round 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

But MAYBE spread around less because of people wearing masks ?..............................................

delays it for a week or two at best an expert was saying today on the radio. It will get you eventually if you mix with people 

37 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

delays it for a week or two at best an expert was saying today on the radio. It will get you eventually if you mix with people 

Yep - that is how I caught it.

That is also how I picked up influenza a few years ago.

Symptoms quite similar - slightly worse with the flu.

4 hours ago, landrey said:

Yes I also think that they were brainwashed by the  food industry and their own stupidity. Maybe you forgot to tell that they were totally unhealthy and/or old ? Of course oldies are supposed to die sooner or later, they like it or not... If they were old and didn't vaccinate, they were also idiots, but don't tell me that it was correct to vaccinate the whole world for a flu !

I have mentioned them in earlier posts but I can do again, One was a bit over 50 Years old, only had pre stage of diabetes, something that usually don't kill you. He died before vaccine was widely spread and early in the pandemic. The other guy, The son of one of a very good friend of mine, he died in his mid 20s, with no underlaying conditions, he was against Vaccine until it became too late.

None of them were overweight.

Edited by Eaglekott
spelling corrections
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

no they don't, except the wrong ones, look at the real life studies for example in Bavaria people wore N95 masks and the outcome with the rest of Germany was the same.

Look at Pattaya, everyone wearing masks but covid still spread round 

So, you like to cherry-pick data and use it to make you feel better.

Of course, Germans outside Bavaria wore masks, too:

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2015954117

3 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

I have mentioned them in earlier posts but I can do again, One was a bit over 50 Years old, only had pre stage of diabetes, something that usually don't kill you. He died before vaccine was widely spread and early in the pandemic. The other guy, The son of one f a very good friend of mine, he died in his mid 20s, with no underlaying conditions, he was against Vaccine until it became to late.

You’ll have to repeat your post again. Some people disregard data that conflicts with their world view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Of course, the objective of wearing face masks is to stop you from infecting other people. Face masks have limited effectiveness in preventing you from infection by others.

Edited by Danderman123

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Of course, the objective of wearing face masks is to stop you from infecting other people. Face masks have limited effectiveness in preventing you from infection by others.

give it up you've lost the mask argument, if you're one of the vulnerable people wear an N95 and stay in, maybe you'll be ok

On 7/2/2022 at 1:30 AM, DUNROAMIN said:

Anutin brought it back from those dirty farangs on his trip abroad.

That cant possibly happen he is Thai, only us dirty farangs spread disease

• Like 1

I tested positive today! I jogged this morning (as usual) and thought that my legs were aching more than usual. A home test confirmed Covid.  I had a slightly raised temperature, but it's back to normal now and the aches have all but gone. I'm 63 years old, with 2xAZ, 1xModerna and 1xPfizer jabs, and I always wear a mask when near others....

On 7/2/2022 at 7:18 AM, arick said:

Had it two weeks ago. Sick for fours. Didn't test positive until the fourth day. Felt almost the same as the first time. So much for the three vaccines. Mine was brought down from up north not from pattaya 

The vaccine does not stop you getting it, merely softens the symptoms/side effects.

• Like 1