Covid is back in Pattaya

10 minutes ago, JGon said:

Corona Viruses are not Flu... Influenza is flu... both are contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses.

OK, I should have said, just another 'bug.  Like the common cold, which can be caused by a coronavirus.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/common_cold_causes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yep, just another corona virus (flu) that will be with us for generations to come, as are the prominent A & B. 

Surely there's plenty of new strains, just not tested or mapped as not causing any real problems.  30+k genomes, there will plenty of new strains.

...as you probably are aware, a new strain is a new biological virus and would be named Sars Covi-3; variants of Sars Covi-2 will keep mutating. 

Just now, tandor said:

...as you probably are aware, a new strain is a new biological virus and would be named Sars Covi-3; variants of Sars Covi-2 will keep mutating. 

OK, corrected, so 30+k genomes for new 'variants'.  More than enough to go around.

20 hours ago, Reposed said:

Too bad it's no longer called Thai Visa.

Every post could start with:

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV......

You are obviously a fan here lol

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

OK, I should have said, just another 'bug.  Like the common cold, which can be caused by a coronavirus.

https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/common_cold_causes

At this point, Covid is indeed just another bug, although much more infectious than the others.

The problem was when the Deniers were claiming it was just another bug when the hospitals were filled and people were dying in the 100s,

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's one opinion, not sure I agree though.  Unhealthy and or old folks dying isn't exactly new, and from or with the 'bug', any bug is a huge question mark, FOR ME ... IMHO.

All numbers and info coming from someone selling something, whether policy makers or pushing a product, and I'm not the most trusting person when there's a sales pitch involved.  Again ... JUST MY OPINION

Everyone is free to believe what they want.

If you don’t believe millions of people died from Covid - and that excess mortality statistics bear this out - not much I can say.

• Thanks 1

I hadn't had a cold or flu for years and then about 10 days ago i came down with something which i think was covid. I was a bit rough for about 3 days and then improved quickly with tell tale symptoms of loss of taste and a dry cough at night time. Neither the Mrs or my son got anything.

As far as the vaccines go and i have had two, i believe them to be ineffective unless maybe you're prepared to have one every three or four months which i am not. All just my opinion of course and for those that are more vunerable than me then the booster after booster method might be the way to go

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

I hadn't had a cold or flu for years and then about 10 days ago i came down with something which i think was covid. I was a bit rough for about 3 days and then improved quickly with tell tale symptoms of loss of taste and a dry cough at night time. Neither the Mrs or my son got anything.

As far as the vaccines go and i have had two, i believe them to be ineffective unless maybe you're prepared to have one every three or four months which i am not. All just my opinion of course and for those that are more vunerable than me then the booster after booster method might be the way to go

Maybe if you hadn't been vaccinated (twice) you would have had much worse symptoms?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:52 PM, Mentors65 said:

I had last week "flu symptoms" for 3 days, other people also.

Tested ATK negative

The ATK test kits issued by the Nz govt are made in  China. They do detect Omicron, my son has tested positive again after a previous infection 8 weeks ago B2 probably so  now it’s B 4/5 I presume but they won’t tell you as they only say isolate I tested  negative, still negative after 3 days, he’s got a persistent cough 

We’re both unvaccinated I  had omicron before as well, both of us never got sick ,  very mild and this time I am not catching it ,so far , but there is lots of flue around and ATK won’t be able to test that , symptoms similar to omicron 

12 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The ATK test kits issued by the Nz govt are made in  China. They do detect Omicron, my son has tested positive again after a previous infection 8 weeks ago B2 probably so  now it’s B 4/5 I presume but they won’t tell you as they only say isolate I tested  negative, still negative after 3 days, he’s got a persistent cough 

We’re both unvaccinated I  had omicron before as well, both of us never got sick ,  very mild and this time I am not catching it ,so far , but there is lots of flue around and ATK won’t be able to test that , symptoms similar to omicron 

In Thailand there are many different ATK's available, many in 7 Eleven, i doubt they all detect Omicron, certainly early kits didn't 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

In Thailand there are many different ATK's available, many in 7 Eleven, i doubt they all detect Omicron, certainly early kits didn't 

I guess it's a Bonanza out there, now you have to have a, professional ATK test if unvaccinated to enter Thailand from the 1st July, Cost is 90 dollars from local pharmacy b4 you fly to LOS, my Dr charges more, she said they are all at it making money out of this, she sends enquiries to the pharmacy, she won't bother with doing them, airport's are also doing them. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Sharp said:

Noticed an large uptick in cases in children SINCE the vaccines have been administered to them ????‍♂️

Probably nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don’t know which children are infected, and there are still plenty of unvaccinated kids out there.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:57 AM, kiwikeith said:

You are very lucky that only got mild symptoms, I know 2 people that has died from Covid, One was 54 Years old, only condition was pre-stage diabetes, Something that would not kill you in normal circumstances. He died early in the first wave where Vaccine was not widely spread. The other guy, the son of my friend in his 20s, anti vaxxer, when he changed his mind it was already too late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eaglekott said:

If you did not have any vaccine you might have been hospitalized and maybe even cremated by now.

I had it before I was vaccinated! 

Edited by arick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, arick said:

I had it before I was vaccinated! 

Still very lucky. And I believe that the natural immunity defenses is better that vaccine, and I also believe that all of us will catch Covid on a regular basis and every time we do we will naturally boost our immune defense. Vaccines is very good to teach your immune defense to be prepared before you get exposed to it the first time. Might also be good to maintain your defense levels with boosters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

Still very lucky. And I believe that the natural immunity defenses is better that vaccine, and I also believe that all of us will catch Covid on a regular basis and every time we do we will naturally boost our immune defense. Vaccines is very good to teach your immune defense to be prepared before you get exposed to it the first time. Might also be good to maintain your defense levels with boosters.

And do you kmow my vaccine history