Covid is back in Pattaya

31 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You seem confused. Your chart shows cumulative cases. Note that in the US, where many are vaccinated, the rate of new infections is low. 

I would say you may be the one confused and not seeing the discernable delta in the slope of the cumulative curve, which is occurring in a highly vaccinated time as shown on the X axis.

FYI: hint, equation for the slope of a straight line is y=mx+b. in this case more infections in less time = zero non sterilizing vaccine syndrome, and should more than illustrate the transmission rate is increasing.

15 hours ago, lemmie said:

I would say you may be the one confused and not seeing the discernable delta in the slope of the cumulative curve, which is occurring in a highly vaccinated time as shown on the X axis.

FYI: hint, equation for the slope of a straight line is y=mx+b. in this case more infections in less time = zero non sterilizing vaccine syndrome, and should more than illustrate the transmission rate is increasing.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

• People who were unvaccinated had a greater risk of testing positive for COVID-19 and a greater risk of dying from COVID-19 than people who were vaccinated overall (see below for the most recent rates).
  • People who were vaccinated with a primary series and two additional or booster doses had lower death rates, followed by people who received one additional or booster dose, compared with those without an additional or booster dose. All vaccinated groups had lower risk of dying from COVID-19 compared with people who were unvaccinated.

15 hours ago, lemmie said:

Perhaps you might consider that the infection rate is increasing due to unvaccinated low information types getting infected. 

Here's a hint: the US is highly vaccinated for Polio, but the Polio infection rate is increasing. 

On 8/5/2022 at 5:03 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I got a Pfizer jab Weds from Royal Gardens, think it's walk in every Weds, quiet, 30 mins 

What time are they open?

Is it better to go earlier or later? 

On 8/15/2022 at 5:08 PM, WhatsNext said:

Unfortunately if you want to travel internationally, some of these hurdles must be crossed so getting a booster is a must have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Encid said:

Unfortunately if you want to travel internationally, some of these hurdles must be crossed so getting a booster is a must have.

Not really, i don't have any vaccines, for covid that is, but can still travel when i want to. Don't let any country force you to take any medicine you don't want.

* Disclaimer : Bodily integrity before everything else, it's in the Nuremburg code. Of course if you want the "vax" get as many as you like.

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, scubascuba3 said:

think it's 11am - 3pm, i went about 12, very quiet

Thanks for that tip... I went at 12:30 today but they were off having lunch.

Wandered around the RGP ground floor and did a bit of shopping and returned at 1:15 pm.

No queue, registered and the nurse filled out my form based on my Mor Prom app data, had my BP taken, and was immediately shown into the next area to be jabbed.

The longest thing about the whole event was the 15 minute "recovery wait" after it was over.

I got home about 1 hour later (I live out of town) and checked my Mor Prom app and it had been updated already with the latest dose data.

The nasty hacking cough that so many had in Pattaya seems to be disappearing. 

Now there is a new flavor of Omicron raging in Thailand but it seems to be mild. I don't worry about Covid very much any more. 

Hopefully, enough people will get vaccinated that the  disease will die out.