Covid is back in Pattaya

On 7/2/2022 at 7:18 AM, arick said:

Had it two weeks ago. Sick for fours. Didn't test positive until the fourth day. Felt almost the same as the first time. So much for the three vaccines. Mine was brought down from up north not from pattaya 

the vaccines don't prevent you from getting it, only going to make the symptom's less serious 

2 hours ago, flexomike said:

the vaccines don't prevent you from getting it, only going to make the symptom's less serious 

Do you read post or just send post I clearly posted I have corvid here in Thailand two years ago since then have had three vaccines and felt sick as the first time without being vaccinated 

Edited by arick

On 7/1/2022 at 7:18 PM, ukrules said:

It didn't go anywhere

Correct !

Covid has never left Pattaya, and in fact in areas just outside the main City, in some of the smaller Villages it is still rampant.

Factories have staff that are infected, Markets have people with Covid reported every day Etc

IMO, is is as bad now as it ever has been.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Covid is Back ... it never left.  As the common cold & flu, it will be around forever.  Hopefully the hysteria will eventually leave, though doubtful. IMHO

It depends on whether Covid mutates into a more deadly variant or continues to be mild. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

Correct !

Covid has never left Pattaya, and in fact in areas just outside the main City, in some of the smaller Villages it is still rampant.

Factories have staff that are infected, Markets have people with Covid reported every day Etc

IMO, is is as bad now as it ever has been.

The difference now is that Covid is milder, and more people are vaccinated, so the hospitals don't fill up. 

1 hour ago, arick said:

Do you read post or just send post I clearly posted I have corvid here in Thailand two years ago since then have had three vaccines and felt sick as the first time without being vaccinated 

I am sorry your immune system had problems dealing with the milder variant that is in Thailand now. 

On 7/6/2022 at 4:09 PM, Danderman123 said:

Of course, the objective of wearing face masks is to stop you from infecting other people. Face masks have limited effectiveness in preventing you from infection by others.

There are lots of people in the medical profession with different opinions, some say wearing mask protects you, some say they don't, some say you should wear a mask to protect others, some say that you wearing a mask does not protect others. 

Just what are we supposed to believe??

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The difference now is that Covid is milder, and more people are vaccinated, so the hospitals don't fill up. 

That would seem the most obvious, my personal opinion is that there are too many people in the medical profession that are just scaremongering, most likely for some sort of financial reason.

• Thanks 1

Just now, possum1931 said:

That would seem the most obvious, my personal opinion is that there are too many people in the medical profession that are just scaremongering, most likely for some sort of financial reason.

Hmmm. If doctors scare people into vaccinating, less patients for them.

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There are lots of people in the medical profession with different opinions, some say wearing mask protects you, some say they don't, some say you should wear a mask to protect others, some say that you wearing a mask does not protect others. 

Just what are we supposed to believe??

Nope.

There is something called the “scientific method” that you should investigate. Spoiler: the ones calling for mask wearing and vaccination use that mysterious scientific method.

AC235F2F-6B3A-487B-8C7C-7D5641CF92E3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2022 at 4:16 PM, Danderman123 said:

Again, at the moment, Covid is very infectious, but not particularly lethal. About the only people now who die from it are Deadender anti-vax types.

Darwin in action.

Can you provide a link that more unvaccinated people are dying of COVID more than vaccinated ones, please.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Hmmm. If doctors scare people into vaccinating, less patients for them.

I am not just referring to vaccinations, I mean in general. As I am always saying, there are people in the medical profession and also in other professions who have become very rich both through this pandemic and also through the Russian invasion.

This is not just in Thailand, but all over the world.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Can you provide a link that more unvaccinated people are dying of COVID more than vaccinated ones, please.  

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmed.2022.898101/full

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20220614/Omicron-led-to-higher-rates-of-death-in-rural-America-than-urban-areas.aspx

plenty more data, but you can do your own research.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am not just referring to vaccinations, I mean in general. As I am always saying, there are people in the medical profession and also in other professions who have become very rich both through this pandemic and also through the Russian invasion.

This is not just in Thailand, but all over the world.

Not all conspiracy theories are true.

If you drill down into the internet rumors that your friends send you, you will find that doctors are not getting rich off Covid. Maybe you don’t understand how doctors are paid, and what is their normal workload.

3 hours ago, arick said:

Which corvid - crows magpies ravens?  :tongue:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nahhhhh, a few months ago pretty much every farang i knew was coming down with covid, now nothing. What's your experience of Pattaya now?

My experience of Covid -Re Pattaya is very small.

However the surrounding area is still very much rampant with Covid within the Factories, Markets and such places.

Banglamung is a large area, and is just not Pattaya, and I dont know what Variant is in play.

All I know is that it is still very active.

• Like 1