Chicken meat now 100baht kg

pixelaoffy

1 minute ago, howlee101 said:

Just curious, where are you from, and what chicken part are you buying for 100 baht/kg? 100 baht equals $2.85 at the current exchange rate....and $2.85 per kilo in the US for any chicken part probably can't be found.

It's more 3 $ a kilo US in Thailand 

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

That is disappointing.   Chicken, I think, is remotely healthy if not fried.  I'll eat some tomorrow.  

We are still in the golden age of apartments for 29 baht and trains for 3 baht with a free bowl of noodle soup.

In about 20-years, rents will go to 10,000 at the absolute minimum and 20,000 the norm everywhere in Thailand.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, howlee101 said:

Not sure what that even means.

Means chicken costs more than the equivalent of three US Dollars for one Kilogram of chicken meat = 2.2046 pounds weight (for the uneducated).  Get with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

It's more 3 $ a kilo US in Thailand 

Actually, at the current exchange rate it is comparable to $2.85 in the U.S.

Wonder, if inflation ever declines to 2-3% and the Ukraine war is over, such price increases will, partly, be reversed, but I guess not...

21 minutes ago, Denim said:

Last year our dogs were fed on chicken breasts .....so cheap. Now they are getting chicken carcasses .

A bit cheaper and they seem to prefer it.

i remember when there was a major outbreak of avian influenza in this part of the world, and i guess chicken exports were affected. boneless skin on breast going for around 10 baht a kilo, chicken feet still 90 baht a kilo, go figure...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I bought chicken wing sticks at my local Tesco on Friday and it was 77 Baht a kilo

yep i get the raw tenders and cook them---5 strips for 28bt  add rice(10bt)  veggies (10bt)

huge bowl of food for 50 bt with red curry and a soft boiled egg(10)..

the body doesn't need meat all the time---give your system a break

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Not surprising as CP seems to own and control everything, including the country. How the hell can they justify a 30% price rise in chicken and eggs? Has the feed got more expensive? The biggest producer and retailer in the country. They must be sucking lemons trying to keep the smile off their face

A certain person used to say "por lel"...enough already.  But there is a vacuum there now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

The gov or certain folk not want to upset CP .  Fact is there is no reason for the massive increase and the price in comparison to higher costs of labour and living in West 

Just follow the money upward.  You will soon realise why no one will tell them enough already.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

yep i get the raw tenders and cook them---5 strips for 28bt  add rice(10bt)  veggies (10bt)

huge bowl of food for 50 bt with red curry and a soft boiled egg(10)..

the body doesn't need meat all the time---give your system a break

I've gotten by without meat for 50 years now.  I do suck eggs and eat dairy.  I see egg prices are up here in the US lately.  The past few years one could get them for less than $1 a dozen, about 2.5 Baht each.  Now maybe 5 Baht each.  But egg prices have been all over the place for years.  Chicken and pork can still be had here for reasonable prices.  Good beef is worth rustling at present. 

6 hours ago, Denim said:

Last year our dogs were fed on chicken breasts .....so cheap. Now they are getting chicken carcasses .

A bit cheaper and they seem to prefer it.

and next year it won't be the carcasses ...   it'll be rice and water 

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1