Cheapest good weed now ? I found 350 thb/gram but not cheaper yet, any idea ?

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Price reflects quality I have found. I don't see a single trichome on those buds so that is probably a fair price for that stuff.

I can see trichomes on it in the photo. Like the other guy said, they tend to fall off. Unless you're handling each bud with tweezers and placing them in Mason jars. This is very good, inexpensive weed. It smells great, it's sticky and packs a good buzz. I'm just showing there is good weed available here for low prices. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This is the cheapest weed I've bought here, I've only been here 2 months. It's brick weed. My GF's niece bought it for me when we were visiting the north section of Thailand, all farm country there. It was 100 baht. Not sure what the weight was, I smoked about half of it. Must have been 10 or 20 grams. Definitely not the best, but it's not bad either. I wouldn't turn my nose up at brick weed if it's priced well. A lot of the sidewalk and market vendors sell brick weed. I think Thai people are used to compressing it into bricks. 

IMG_20230129_152339.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Tythai said:

This I bought at another night market down towards Sattahip. It's not the cheapest, but very reasonably priced. It was 40 baht /gram, with discounts the more you buy. This is a 6 gram bag for 200 baht. He had about 6 varieties. The most expensive was 280 baht /gram. 

IMG_20230129_152800.jpg

This weed looks horrible when zoom in on it,,,also looks like the stuff that go mouldy very quick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, taninthai said:

This weed looks horrible when zoom in on it,,,also looks like the stuff that go mouldy very quick

I've had brick weed in the United States when I was younger that was spoiled or just awful. This isn't bad, it's not great either. It tastes and smells OK, not great. I'll finish the rest of this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/29/2023 at 3:36 AM, Bday Prang said:

When all this started, if i remember correctly some were charging around 1000 per gram, and astonishingly some people were actually paying that much for it !  Unbelievable,   It must be the first time that a substance actually became more expensive after it was legalised , 

Even 250 baht per gram is, as you rightly say,  absolute madness. any body suggesting otherwise is probably involved in the supply, either that or they have just been conditioned to paying ridiculous prices, due to coming from countries where prohibition has artificially inflated the price of a  plant which is no more difficult to grow than a tomato plant or any other vegetable, and as such, in my opinion,  should be priced accordingly.

Likewise if you end up with a bit too much its no big deal to give a bit away to "friends and family" just like when the mango trees all flower together , or just bin it lol 

Had it never been illegal in the first place, it would probably be sold quietly in the local markets at around 5 baht a bag, by the same old women who sell the betel nuts and accompanying paraphernalia. As far as I 'm concerned that's kind of how it should be.  Can't say I'm a fan of the designer, neon lit "dispensaries"

Just to put things into perspective , I'm In the Uk at the moment and an ounce of weed is costing me £200 which is not much more than 250bt a gram.  It breaks my heart after paying 400 bt for 100g of brick 

People charging or promoting those sort of prices are not doing us any favours 

yeah totally silly....    50THB/G for Non pestiided.... way to go, no rip offs.. consistant.. medium strength .. 1 x cigarette size does me 2 hours...

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/30/2023 at 1:02 PM, Tythai said:

This I bought at another night market down towards Sattahip. It's not the cheapest, but very reasonably priced. It was 40 baht /gram, with discounts the more you buy. This is a 6 gram bag for 200 baht. He had about 6 varieties. The most expensive was 280 baht /gram. 

IMG_20230129_152800.jpg

Erm… you paid 20 baht per gram for Green Crack in Jomtien and then decided to pay double for the same thing in Sattahip?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, NextG said:

Erm… you paid 20 baht per gram for Green Crack in Jomtien and then decided to pay double for the same thing in Sattahip?

Probably. The bud from Sattahip was far stronger though. I smoked 2 hits and was very stoned for 5 hours. The other bud, I take 5 hits and I'm moderately stoned for 2 hours. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 1:31 PM, taninthai said:

That’s a good enough deal should have been that price from the start ,I have enough for now and can pick up this strain at 250 a gram ,that’s the problem if you start at high prices people will find other suppliers and tend to stay loyal to them????

Last year when everything started there was not enough supply of quality buds around, thus driving the prices up quite high. Which is normal, but since then we have secured a team of quality artisan growers that allows us to lower the prices down to very attractive levels without lowering the quality, and the whole supply chain is fully licensed and legal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tythai said:

Probably. The bud from Sattahip was far stronger though. I smoked 2 hits and was very stoned for 5 hours. The other bud, I take 5 hits and I'm moderately stoned for 2 hours. 

Good But still not that helpful without a location

1 hour ago, PrikPot said:

Last year when everything started there was not enough supply of quality buds around, thus driving the prices up quite high. Which is normal, but since then we have secured a team of quality artisan growers that allows us to lower the prices down to very attractive levels without lowering the quality, and the whole supply chain is fully licensed and legal. 

That was just greed trying to sell weed at some of the most expensive prices in the world ????????????????.

now there huge over supply I hearing comments from growers that it’s actually easy to grow than sell,,,,,,more than half these shops going to disappear and prices are going all the way down………I have people sending me quality stuff for free trying to gain customers.

high grade weed in Uk is 1000 bht 3.5 g and that’s a country where it’s illegal ,,,,,,all these stores places selling 500/900 bht a gram is a joke they deserve to get no customer and business go under just for being so greedy.

As sponsor of forum you had a great chance to secure many regular customers but you came with huge inflated prices and as has been said regular smokers will stay loyal once they find good suppliers.

29E786FE-2C8F-4067-9B08-0DBC15005DD9.jpeg.5bde23bd5bcda9f9bffe038f8eff6d7b.jpeg

Edited by taninthai
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PrikPot said:

With all due respect, but I am afraid you don't understand the mechanics of business, such as supply and demand. Our prices initially had nothing to do with greed, they were mainly based on prices given to us by the growers when we launched in June last year. As you should know, there were no established legal growers prior to June last year when it was legalized. So obviously there was scarcity on the market. Also, most growers at the time were growing indoors (most of ours still do), which adds to the overall costs (electricity, equipment, nutrients, soil etc). 

Comparing prices with countries where weed has been grown and sold for many years, both legally and illegally, is not relevant. But today the average price in Amsterdam is €7-€20 per gram. In the US it was $10-$20 per gram last year, which is pretty much identical to current local prices. In the US prices have now dropped to $5 per gram in some States, but a lot of it comes from unregulated production facilities though. 

Our prices at Prikpot.com has dropped in accordance with supply, improved production and increased volume. This has allowed us to lower the prices with between 20-75% depending on the flower. This in only 6 months, and our quality is very consistent and still organic (no synthetic PGRs or pesticides). I think it is safe to say that our flowers are a lot safer than the average vegetable you buy at the fresh market. 

Yes, there is an oversupply on the market, and that was expected. But the market is still in its infancy and the quality varies a lot, as well as the practices used to grow. This will improve with time. The market has also seen an abundance of imported buds, mainly from the US and Canada. Once again, those are unregulated and a lot of it, not all, comes from questionable growers and practices. But that has now come to an end, thankfully. We only dealt with local growers from day one, and always will. 

You also have to understand that the unregulated "black" market in Thailand will shrink moving forward, and only licensed and serious players will be able to sell it legally. Being licensed involves taxes, administration and other overheads that obviously affects prices in the end. But not to worry, there will always be good products at good prices in the future. 

In some areas of Thailand, prices are a lot higher than others. And there are reasons for that, but thats not something that can or should be discussed here. 

We have secured thousands of regular customers all over Thailand. Even though cannabis in general is a price driven product, our customers also appreciate the consistent quality and service they get from us. Just as any other product or service, you get what you pay for, and there are segments for all types of consumers. I am happy if you've found yours. 

To sum it up. I think we should all be happy that we live in a country with the most liberal cannabis legislation in the world. The market has exploded and there are options for everyone, and it will only grow from here. So I don't see any reasons to complain, at all. 

“You can’t complain when you’ve got Mary Jane.”

A fair reply ,some interesting comments ,would be going way to of topic to discuss it all????

apologies for the slight rant????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, taninthai said:

That was just greed trying to sell weed at some of the most expensive prices in the world ????????????????.

now there huge over supply I hearing comments from growers that it’s actually easy to grow than sell,,,,,,more than half these shops going to disappear and prices are going all the way down………I have people sending me quality stuff for free trying to gain customers.

high grade weed in Uk is 1000 bht 3.5 g and that’s a country where it’s illegal ,,,,,,all these stores places selling 500/900 bht a gram is a joke they deserve to get no customer and business go under just for being so greedy.

As sponsor of forum you had a great chance to secure many regular customers but you came with huge inflated prices and as has been said regular smokers will stay loyal once they find good suppliers.

29E786FE-2C8F-4067-9B08-0DBC15005DD9.jpeg.5bde23bd5bcda9f9bffe038f8eff6d7b.jpeg

curious says...when I was in Morocco (many years ago) zero zero hash was blonde in colour

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 11:36 PM, redwood1 said:

Speaking of oversupply there is no way on Gods Green Earth Pattaya can support the huge number of pot shops it has...Must be over 200 by now......Yet more keep opening..I just don't get it..

All growing low quality or mids and charging a premium.

Most will be out of business in 12 months. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

On 1/29/2023 at 3:36 PM, Felt 35 said:

Does anyone know if this is a good place to shop online as I would like to try this as a tea. https://prikpot.com/product-category/pouches/ They advertise here on the front page of Asian Now so I would think that indicates that if nothing else it is safe to buy from them!?

Felt

I can assure you that it is safe to buy from us. ????

Our Dip Trip is very popular among our customers who don't want to smoke, and it can be used in two different ways, but I recommend you use it as a tea. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 5:09 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Most of it comes from Laos and is smuggled across the Mekong. 

There are many Thai growers selling brick straight from there farms now and some of it is far removed from the dry twiggy <deleted> we used to get from Laos.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PrikPot said:

I can assure you that it is safe to buy from us. ????

Our Dip Trip is very popular among our customers who don't want to smoke, and it can be used in two different ways, but I recommend you use it as a tea. 

Gotta get rid of that powder somehow, huh? 

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

Gotta get rid of that powder somehow, huh? 

Not sure what you mean, but yes it is decarboxylated (decarbed). Which of course is the way to process it when you want to use it as a tea, unless you know a better way? 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 11:36 PM, redwood1 said:

Speaking of oversupply there is no way on Gods Green Earth Pattaya can support the huge number of pot shops it has...Must be over 200 by now......Yet more keep opening..I just don't get it..

You could say the same about coffee kiosks and shops, cigarette carton sellers, orange vested motorcycle taxis, and watch sellers. Somehow they keep "working" just in the hopes of making a hundred or so baht a day.  I swear Thais will do anything other than get a regular full time job at a hotel or restaurant, even though those businesses are in need of employees nowadays 

Back to the OP.  I have not found any weed other than online that was very good quality for under 350 baht a gram.  Siam seeds had a good selection around 200-250 baht a gram but they are constantly running out.  Local shops in Pattaya I have tried a few, but for the price just is not worth it IMO, online is the way to go, yet you likely need a Thai bank account to pay for many online sellers, I believe some will deliver COD

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Skallywag said:

I swear Thais will do anything other than get a regular full time job at a hotel or restaurant, even though those businesses are in need of employees nowadays 

I think the Thais are right.

Who would want to work for someone else when you can work for yourself and choose your own hours/days.

• Like 2