Useful Wrinkles

If you are applying for a 1 year extension on an 'O' or a 'B'

the 90 day counter automatically restarts when you put in your application.

"It's a new visa," I was told.

If your visa expires on a day when the local immigration office is closed

you are OK until the next working day.

My visa and re-entry permit expire on Sunday 1st August, and I will arrive back in Thailand on that day. "No problem," I am told. "You will be stamped in for one day. Just come in to the office on Tuesday 3rd, but not later than that!!" (Monday 2nd is a holiday as well).

This all from my local immigration office here in Sri Racha.

They can only give me a 30 day extension at the moment as my application for one year is still pending.

I hope they are right.

The only acceptable report is a TM.47 (address report) or a TM.6 (arrival card) AFAIK.

Extension of stay it not a visa.

If you mean the 90 counter for address reporting, a visa extension does not restart the counter, at least at BOI One Stop and Suan Phlu. I found out the hard way...I thought that turning in all that paperwork for a one year extension (that obviously included my address) would restart the counter. I found out the hard way by turning up 89 days after the visa renewal date, and I was fined. As lopburi points out:

The only acceptable report is a TM.47 (address report) or a TM.6 (arrival card)

90 day Address reporting is quite different and separate from

a visa extension.

I would suggest that they were not talking about the first

(if that is what your post is trying to suggest)

IMO - they were talking about how long you could Stay

before needing another extension.

I would strongly recommend that you do the Address

reporting exercise 90 days after the date stamped on

the back of your Form TM.6 (Departure Card)

Roger

If I left the country (say on a day trip to Lao) with a re-entry permit would my 90 day report period start upon my return because I'd have a new T.M. card despite the fact that I had failed to report within the 90 day period on the old T.M. card before leaving LOS? In other words would the slate be wiped clean and I could then start reporting according to the regulations. (which I admit I should have followed. I'm squeaky clean on all other areas of my stay here including W.P. and visa)

If I left the country (say on a day trip to Lao) with a re-entry permit would my 90 day report period start upon my return because I'd have a new T.M. card despite the fact that I had failed to report within the 90 day period on the old T.M. card before leaving LOS? In other words would the slate be wiped clean and I could then start reporting according to the regulations. (which I admit I should have followed. I'm squeaky clean on all other areas of my stay here including W.P. and visa)

If you leave and come back on a new TM card the 90 days starts again,

and I think it very unlikely that anyone would notice previous omissions.

Don't forget the re-entry permit.

The only acceptable report is a TM.47 (address report) or a TM.6 (arrival card) AFAIK.

Well that is what I thought as well, but who am I to argue.

Perhaps you should offer classes for Immigration officers?

Well that is what I thought as well, but who am I to argue.

Perhaps you should offer classes for Immigration officers?

That'd be both novel and very new. Classes for Immigration Department officers. :D whatever next. Uniformity of rules maybe. :o

Well Lopburi obviously feels he is better informed than the Immigration officers,

so it is only fair that he should share his superior knowledge :o

Well Lopburi obviously feels he is better informed than the Immigration officers,

so it is only fair that he should share his superior knowledge :o

Lopburi probably does have a better grasp of the rules than do the majority of immigration officers.

so it is only fair that he should share his superior knowledge biggrin.gif

Sorry, really, that you take exception to my comment but, as I said, as far as I know that TM.7 has no status for 90 day reporting (and it is not a visa) and there are a number of posters who have found that out the hard way. You need a receipt/proof of address report. That can be the bottom portion of the TM.47 or the departure side of the TM.6