Blood check-up: Recommended clinic/package in Pattaya

simon43

It's a couple of years since my last full blood works check (I was living in north Laos and Covid restrictions made it difficult to get to a decent clinic).  Anyway, I'm now staying in Pattaya and should get my blood checked for PSA, cholesterol etc.  

Can anyone recommend a clinic or hospital for this? I realise that clinics send off the blood to a test lab, so it really comes down to price and range of tests.  A clinic opposite Tukcom quoted 7,000 baht, but I've no idea if that is a fair price or not.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The "Superior" for male (4900 Baht) would include PSA.

I got the PSA test done in a Private Hospital. 2700 THB just for that ????

Edited by MJCM

Just now, MJCM said:

I have deleted the quoted text. Mixed up with another clinic on 3rd rd.

But as written I was at the place you linked with Google maps.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Bht 300 for PSA at my local govt hospital in Phitsanulok. Bht 1200 for full monty, blood, x-ray, ECG and Doctor. I know you are talking about Pattaya, but try the govt place.

Edited by KannikaP

11 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Does one nont need to sit down with GP to annalyse the results?

A legit question. On the other hand over the years and from test to test you learn to read the major values (blood/liver/kidney related e.g.).

Of course the private hospitals offer full packages with consultation.

I was satisfied with Memorial Hospital which included included an ultrasound of the abdomen incl prostate and bladder measurements.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Bht 300 for PSA at my local govt hospital in Phitsanulok. Bht 1200 for full monty, blood, x-ray, ECG and Doctor. I know you are talking about Pattaya, but try the govt place.

This was Korat. I haven't lived in Pattaya for over 7 years. And I don't care much about the price, insurance pays!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Or what you can do when you have the Results is PM @Sheryl and tell her what you did and which ones are HIGH, she will recommend you what to do!

I use Lifecare.  The numbers can vary from time to time for everyone, but unless they are way over or under I would not get too concerned. 

I think going in not hung over and have drank plenty of water before is a good idea.

• Like 1

You may want to check out these. They are a nationwide professional company, not a bogus lab on 3rd road, and are cheaper as well.

I have used them several times for different test, and compared the prices with Lifecare lab, which cost at least 50% more for the same thing.

They are located next door to Pattaya - Bangkok hospital.

https://www.nhealth-asia.com/package-detail.html?id=Basic01

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

And if you're out of range it's off to hospital you go where i'd expect they'd want to run their own tests to verify with the aim to extract maximum bahtage.

I have never had a problem with hospitals accepting lab results from other hospitals or independent labs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

You may want to check out these. They are a nationwide professional company, not a bogus lab on 3rd road, and are cheaper as well.

I have used them several times for different test, and compared the prices with Lifecare lab, which cost at least 50% more for the same thing.

They are located next door to Pattaya - Bangkok hospital.

https://www.nhealth-asia.com/package-detail.html?id=Basic01

no way lifecare lab are 50% more, maybe you're mixed up. This is an example, just gone up from 500 to 700

Screenshot_2022-07-07-15-34-24-793_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

no way lifecare lab are 50% more, maybe you're mixed up

You can compare the package I linked to, oh and don't go by the number of items in that list, since lifecare list 4 items for what Nhealth quotes as 1 item.

image.png.037bf87fcb33b0a2d07e37f96e19dfde.png

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Was there last year for antigen test and some male special.

Same day pickup.

Well never new this. This place is 50 m from our Pattaya house and we always went to Bangkok Pattaya Hospitak for our yearly. Live and learn. ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Lifecare lab on 3rd road is very popular and cheap, i do the 500 baht package they check about 30 items. Check googlemaps, their website shows packages

Does this lab have any trained medical staff qualified to assist in analyzing your lab report ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't think so, that's not what they do. Just look at the results and range and check google, simple really

Been there for years...old guy and his mrs if i remember correctly. 

They must be OK as everything else around them closed (except Caddie Shack) at one time or another before Covid. 

8 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Been there for years...old guy and his mrs if i remember correctly. 

They must be OK as everything else around them closed (except Caddie Shack) at one time or another before Covid. 

maybe you quoted the wrong person

21 hours ago, PJ71 said:

as if a GP was useful in anything....

funny !

By the way, anybody knows if these labs can test your covid antibodies ? and for how much ?

• Haha 1