Community isolation to be reactivated as new COVID infections surge in Bangkok

snoop1130

หอผู้ป่วย-โรงพยาบาลสนามเอราวัณ-3.jpg

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is considering reactivating community isolation facilities in 50 districts for COVID-19 patients in slum areas, to separate the infected from those over 60 years old, people suffering from underlying diseases and pregnant women, as new infections hit 2,000 a day in the capital alone.

While urging them to get booster shots, Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt said today (Friday) that this group is particularly vulnerable if they catch COVID-19 and, therefore, the infected should be isolated because of the crowded conditions in densely populated areas.

The governor also said that the BMA is coordinating with the Public Health Ministry to procure Molnupiravir tablets at special price, to be administered to patients under its care.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/community-isolation-to-be-reactivated-as-new-covid-infections-surge-in-bangkok/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Centaurus 

Is the new variant's named....by the early investigations by medics  it seems it is built  easyer to escape anti parts from vaccines ....

Translated from Dutc language newspaper site

https://www.hln.be/medisch/nieuwe-coronavariant-gaan-we-met-centaurus-de-winter-in~afea6aa2/

Variant BA.2.75, or 'Centaurus', is a new version of omikron version BA.2 that was dominant in Europe for a short time at the beginning of this year.  For now, there is no indication that Centaurus is more serious or causes other symptoms, but preliminary studies indicate that it may be better able to escape antibodies.  That could mean that people who recently had a corona infection could become infected again, although most people will not get very sick from it.

News of BA.2.75 surfaced this week after scientists noted that the variant is spreading rapidly in India.  The newcomer has also been spotted in Australia, Japan, Canada and the US, among others.  Five infections have already been detected in the United Kingdom, two in Germany.

Antibodies

What kind of wave BA.2.75 will produce and exactly how well the variant is resistant to antibodies, will have to become clear from further research.  However, judging by the shape of the projections and the speed with which BA.2.75 is advancing, international experts are not very reassured.  For example, the new variant has several mutations in a place where antibodies like to 'grab' the virus.  "I just hope it's a false alarm," Austrian cell biologist Ulrich Elling said in a technical discussion on Twitter.  “But I don't like the mutations we see here

Edited by david555

11 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Surging here and everybody is still wearing masks.

Know 8 people including myself who have had it in the last 2 weeks

I am curious Sametboy what your symptoms of having the virus. Were you vaccinated, and if so with what brand of vaccine?

I imagine folks on the forum would find further information supportive.

I know a few folks who've had it, both here on the island (both Thai and falangs) and overseas and then come here and come-down with it.

All were either vaccinated here or overseas with a range of vaccines Moderna, Pfizer etc plus boosters and their experiences were somewhat similar, headaches, back of neck-spine sore, sore joints, some had coughs, sore throats, slight fevers, feeling generally off, some congestion in lungs, sneezing loss of appetite, fatigue etc. None of them ended up in hospital and all seem to have recovered without long-term effects. One of the bug.ers played a sick round of golf with me the other day so he's defintiley not suffering long lasting effects lol ????

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is considering reactivating community isolation facilities in 50 districts for COVID-19 patients in slum areas, to separate the infected from those over 60 years old, people suffering from underlying diseases and pregnant women, as new infections hit 2,000 a day in the capital alone.

The government has been indulging in fake news to the public.

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

I am curious Sametboy what your symptoms of having the virus. Were you vaccinated, and if so with what brand of vaccine?

I know a few folks who've had it, both here on the island (both Thai and falangs) and overseas and then come here and come-down with it.

All were either vaccinated here or overseas with a range of vaccines Moderna, Pfizer etc plus boosters and their experiences were somewhat similar, headaches, back of neck-spine sore, sore joints, some had coughs, sore throats, slight fevers, feeling generally off, some congestion in lungs, sneezing loss of appetite, fatigue etc. None of them ended up in hospital and all seem to have recovered without long-term effects. One of the bug.ers played a sick round of golf with me the other day so he's defintiley not suffering long lasting effects lol ????

Two vaccines of Sinovac. Nothing serious! Felt bad for a day or two. Chills, had a small fever one morning. Aching body, tired. Worst part was the headache. Day 7 now. Slight cough has came on the last 48 hours. 

Wife had 2 Sinopharm and Pzizer booster. Bad fever for two nights, headache sore throat and awful cough that hasnt gone away.

I always believed i had it in February 2020 but didnt have tests then. Now i believe that to be correct. The headache was the same. Although i was far sicker in 20 and the cough was much worse. Didnt recover from the cough for weeks after!

Edited by Sametboy2019

Not everyone get COVID and has no lasting effects. In fact there are lots of people who catch COVID

and have lung issues for quite a while longer. Some people have joint pain longer. Some people have

bronchitis after they have had COVID. Since this virus is not even three years old, there are many things

that are still not known about COVID and its long term issues. However on this forum there are so

many experts who seem to know more than the doctors and scientists, that I am amazed. Sarcasm alert.

We should all be happy that the Omicron and newest variants are not the same as the first three

variants, they certainly killed enough people world wide.

13 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

Need to wash your hands regularly I think it's just as important as wearing a mask. 

Definitely!

It's not really followed in Issan.  Huge outdoor markets here.  Filthy bathrooms and never any soap.  Same as Thai restaurants.  

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I had covid recently.  Showed positive with an ATK on day 2.  Phuket area and I am aged late 50's. Had 2 Sinopharm vaccines and 1 Moderna booster.  The whole thing lasted no more than 3 days and felt more mild than serious. The onset began as a sore throat followed by two days of flu-like aches and pains. No cough, no lack of taste or smell, no loss of appetite, had fatigue, had a congested nose, no congestion in lungs, no joint pain. No lasting effects a week later.  Maybe I got off easy.  I plan to wash my hands more in the future and try to stay away from crowds.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:40 PM, MrJ2U said:

This is going to be tough wave.

“Covid-19 is very clearly not over. We’re seeing dramatic increases in the number of cases and hospitalizations in many places throughout the United States,” 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/08/usa-omicron-variant-covid-wave

Deaths as a proportion of infections during the two waves of infections, since Dec '21, in the UK, fell by about a third between 1st and 2nd.

Although the 2nd peak of infections was higher than the 1st there were considerably fewer deaths,

Current trends indicate a further lowering of the ratio again, as a result of the ongoing first class implementation of the UK vaccine programme.

No need to worry, WHO thinks Thailand has done a marvellous job of dealing with the virus.

Who am I to argue?

9 hours ago, Enoon said:

Deaths as a proportion of infections during the two waves of infections, since Dec '21, in the UK, fell by about a third between 1st and 2nd.

Although the 2nd peak of infections was higher than the 1st there were considerably fewer deaths,

Current trends indicate a further lowering of the ratio again, as a result of the ongoing first class implementation of the UK vaccine programme.

No need to worry, WHO thinks Thailand has done a marvellous job of dealing with the virus.

Who am I to argue?

Just have to see what happens.