LTR Visa is Now available for Long Term Residency

1 hour ago, hcvc said:

A plea for help from someone who has already been through the process of obtaining a BOI LTR Visa for Wealthy Pensioners - would you please explain to me what it means to show evidence your current visa has been canceled.

In case the applicant choses to have LTR visa issued at One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) in Bangkok, the applicant will be required to update latest travel information and upload passport pages with all Thai stamps (The file must be scanned both left and right pages per one sheet AND ALL SHEETS MERGED IN ONE PDF FILE), particularly biodata page, current visa which has been cancelled with the remaining permission to stay sufficient to receive LTR Visa*

For further information about current visa termination, please contact the immigration office where you got the current visa.

As per instructions from the BOI my wife contacted our local immigration office. The immigration office said they were not familiar with / had never done a LTR Visa for Wealthy Pensioners.

I would be grateful for your guidance

A LTR visa cannot be issued if you currently have a visa/extension of stay.   So, what must happen is your current visa must be cancelled and then the LTR visa can be issued.   

For an extension of stay the BOI immigration can cancel the extension (or at less they use to like when I got my LTR visa issued in late 2022) like say you are currently on a Non O or OA Retirement extension of stay the BOI Immigration office will/can cancel that extension and then they issue/stamp in the LTR visa.  If you are currently on say a Non O or OA "Marriage" extension of stay the BOI immigration office can also cancel that also "but will require a copy of your Thai spouse ID (signed by wife) can and a fresh KorRor 2 just like you would provide if you were renewing a Marriage Extension of Stay....basically the BOI immigration office wants to ensure the Thai spouse is aware you are switching visa types.  

Now regarding the cancellation of a visa (not an extension of say but a visa which has had no extensions) I'm not sure if the BOI immigration can cancel that....you would need to ask them.

When I got my LTR Pensioner visa issued in late 2022 I was on a Non OA Marriage Extension of Stay.  Before going to BOI to have the LTR issued/stamped into my passport I made copies of the wife's Thai ID, Thai passport, and got a fresh KorRor 2....had the spouse self-certify (i.e, sign) the Thai ID/passport.  The wife also went along since we live in Bangkok.  BOI Immigration cancelled my extension of stay and issued the LTR visa in a combo action...that is, Non O extension of stay cancelled....and then a few minutes later the LTR visa issued/stamped into my passport.

I expect BOI immigration prefers an current visa/extension of stay to be cancelled "before" you arrive to have the LTR visa issued....just less work for them.  And I expect there may be some types of visa (as there are many types of visas) they require the issuing IO to cancel.    

HOWEVER, BUT, maybe things have changed since late 2022 when I got my LTR visa issued in regards to if BOI immigration will cancel a visa/extension of stay issued by another immigration office.   Maybe BOI immigration now absolutely require the "issuing IO" to cancel the current visa/extension of stay but I expect it really just a preference and BOI immigration will still cancel a visa/extension of stay at their office and then a minute later issue the LTR visa.

What kind of visa/extension are you currently on?

Edit:  After posting above I found my LTR approval notification instructions from late 2022 and below is a partial quote regarding the cancellation of a visa I might currently be on.  You could arrange to have the BOI immigration office to cancel your current visa an issue the LTR visa same day/same time of LTR visa issuance.   As mentioned above I just had BOI immigration cancel my current visa extension of stay during my same visit to get the LTR visa issued.    I can't say for sure BOI immigration will still cancel a visa/extension issued by another immigration office....before they would prefer the issuing office did it but the BOI immigration office would still do it when required....my gut tells me they will still do it when you request in advance that's what you want to do.   

Partial Quote from my LTR Approval Notice

IMPORTANT:
If you are currently on a Thai visa category which needs to be cancelled before
receiving LTR such as Non-B, Non-O (spouse visa), Smart Visa, Non-O (except for
Non-O Retirement visa), please terminate the current visa while asking the
immigration officer to allow extra days of permission to stay after the cancellation or
arrange for the visa cancellation on the same day as the appointment date at the
immigration office where you got your current visa from.

For further information about current visa termination, please contact the immigration
office where you got the current visa from or contact the LTR Screen staff in-charge
for guidance if you wish to get the LTR visa and terminate the current visa on the
same day

End Quote.

Edited by Pib

4 hours ago, Pib said:

A LTR visa cannot be issued if you currently have a visa/extension of stay.   So, what must happen is your current visa must be cancelled and then the LTR visa can be issued.   

For an extension of stay the BOI immigration can cancel the extension (or at less they use to like when I got my LTR visa issued in late 2022) like say you are currently on a Non O or OA Retirement extension of stay the BOI Immigration office will/can cancel that extension and then they issue/stamp in the LTR visa.  If you are currently on say a Non O or OA "Marriage" extension of stay the BOI immigration office can also cancel that also "but will require a copy of your Thai spouse ID (signed by wife) can and a fresh KorRor 2 just like you would provide if you were renewing a Marriage Extension of Stay....basically the BOI immigration office wants to ensure the Thai spouse is aware you are switching visa types.  

Now regarding the cancellation of a visa (not an extension of say but a visa which has had no extensions) I'm not sure if the BOI immigration can cancel that....you would need to ask them.

When I got my LTR Pensioner visa issued in late 2022 I was on a Non OA Marriage Extension of Stay.  Before going to BOI to have the LTR issued/stamped into my passport I made copies of the wife's Thai ID, Thai passport, and got a fresh KorRor 2....had the spouse self-certify (i.e, sign) the Thai ID/passport.  The wife also went along since we live in Bangkok.  BOI Immigration cancelled my extension of stay and issued the LTR visa in a combo action...that is, Non O extension of stay cancelled....and then a few minutes later the LTR visa issued/stamped into my passport.

I expect BOI immigration prefers an current visa/extension of stay to be cancelled "before" you arrive to have the LTR visa issued....just less work for them.  And I expect there may be some types of visa (as there are many types of visas) they require the issuing IO to cancel.    

HOWEVER, BUT, maybe things have changed since late 2022 when I got my LTR visa issued in regards to if BOI immigration will cancel a visa/extension of stay issued by another immigration office.   Maybe BOI immigration now absolutely require the "issuing IO" to cancel the current visa/extension of stay but I expect it really just a preference and BOI immigration will still cancel a visa/extension of stay at their office and then a minute later issue the LTR visa.

Edit:  After posting above I found my LTR approval notification instructions from late 2022 and below is a partial quote regarding the cancellation of a visa I might currently be on.  You could arrange to have the BOI immigration office to cancel your current visa an issue the LTR visa same day/same time of LTR visa issuance.   As mentioned above I just had BOI immigration cancel my current visa extension of stay during my same visit to get the LTR visa issued.    I can't say for sure BOI immigration will still cancel a visa/extension issued by another immigration office....before they would prefer the issuing office did it but the BOI immigration office would still do it when required....my gut tells me they will still do it when you request in advance that's what you want to do.   

IMPORTANT:
immigration officer to allow extra days of permission to stay after the cancellation or
arrange for the visa cancellation on the same day as the appointment date at the

For further information about current visa termination, please contact the immigration
office where you got the current visa from or contact the LTR Screen staff in-charge
for guidance if you wish to get the LTR visa and terminate the current visa on the
same day

End Quote.

Like Pib I got my LTR P at the end of 2022.  However Immigration at Chamchuri Square were able to cancel my Visa (Expiring Elite) and then stamp the LTR.  I don’t know if things have changed but my was a one stop and done and dusted in an hour.   

Sorry I can’t give further advice but maybe you can advise your current visa etc and a wiser head than mine can lend a hand.  Good luck.  

18 hours ago, hcvc said:

A plea for help from someone who has already been through the process of obtaining a BOI LTR Visa for Wealthy Pensioners - would you please explain to me what it means to show evidence your current visa has been canceled.

In case the applicant choses to have LTR visa issued at One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS) in Bangkok, the applicant will be required to update latest travel information and upload passport pages with all Thai stamps (The file must be scanned both left and right pages per one sheet AND ALL SHEETS MERGED IN ONE PDF FILE), particularly biodata page, current visa which has been cancelled with the remaining permission to stay sufficient to receive LTR Visa*

For further information about current visa termination, please contact the immigration office where you got the current visa.

As per instructions from the BOI my wife contacted our local immigration office. The immigration office said they were not familiar with / had never done a LTR Visa for Wealthy Pensioners.

I would be grateful for your guidance

I'm another LTR holder who applied in 2022. I remember having to upload all of the pages of my passport since my last entry in 2019. So I would recommend doing this. Once they start processing your application and looking through your uploaded documents they will contact you if they have any questions. They were very accessible once they started processing the application. In 2022 I was on an extension of my OA visa. The BOI did all the work for the switch to the LTR at the Bangkok office.

I had just moved to Sisaket province when I got my LTR stamped into my passport. I visited the Sisaket immigration office just to let them know I had moved there and that I was on an LTR visa. They had never seen one before in January, 2023. The head of the office did however, download a long document explaining the LTR to the various immigration departments. So the information is available to immigration offices if they need to learn about it.

Edited by MPoll

I'm thinking about applying for a LTR visa for Pensioners and have a few questions. Any advice & information would be greatly appreciated.

1. What is the approximate yearly cost of the health insurance policy in order to qualify for LTR visa?

2. Are you required to purchase the health insurance policy before you apply for LTR visa, or afterwards?

3. Does BOI have a recommended list of health insurers? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you...

I didn't shop around. I bought health insurance for LTR visa from AXA, the only company I called. The premium depends on the insurer's age and the deductible. In the picture below , Plan 1 with 2M maximum benefit is good enough for LTR visas. I needed at least 10 months left on the policy at the time of visa approval, so I started the application without health insurance, and bought the policy when BOI asked for it.

Image_20240327004244.jpg

Hello everyone, I have read all 100 pages of this very interesting thread, so thanks to all of the contributors!

I just applied this week for the LTR WP visa.  I assume that all of my documents look good to BOI, since my status changed from “Pending” to “Consideration by Government Agencies” less than two days after submitting my application and I did not receive any requests for more documents / information.

To those of you who have received LTR WP approval recently (within the last 6 months), how long did it take you to go from “Consideration by Government Agencies” (Step 4) to visa approval (Step 8)?  Also, please note if your process was delayed at any point by requests for additional documents that you then had to gather and submit.  This information will be very helpful to us "newbies".  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Richard007 said:

To those of you who have received LTR WP approval recently (within the last 6 months), how long did it take you to go from “Consideration by Government Agencies” (Step 4) to visa approval (Step 8)?

From my experience in Nov 2023, it took 6 days from Step 4 to Step 8.

The day after the status changed to " Consideration by Gov Agencies" (step 4) I was requested to submit insurance certification.

Almost immediately after I had submitted that, I receive a  request to submit insurance policy. 4 days after that I was able to make an appointment online to get the visa.

3 hours ago, Richard007 said:

I just applied this week for the LTR WP visa.  I assume that all of my documents look good to BOI, since my status changed from “Pending” to “Consideration by Government Agencies” less than two days after submitting my application and I did not receive any requests for more documents / information.

Going from Pending to Review by Govt Agencies just means the application was received, registered and "got thru the BOI front door".....it really does not mean that your key docs like income, health coverage, etc., have been closely looked at. But now that the application has moved to the Consideration by Govt Agencies your application and associated docs will be closely reviewed.   Good luck.

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2024 at 2:18 PM, Pib said:

IMPORTANT:

same day

End Quote.

I entered Thailand with a  Non-O Retiree visa (60 days I think) two years ago and I have had two annual extension of stay since. 

It’s my understanding that the extension of stay doesn’t affect the visa. So the visa itself is expired, it is just the basis on which the extension of stay was/is granted. Hence there is no visa that can be cancelled. 

My LTR got approved today. In the email BOI informs:

If you are currently on a Thai visa category which needs to be cancelled before receiving LTR such as Non-B, Non-IB, Non-F, Smart Visa, Non-O (except for Non-O Retirement visa, Thai Spouse, Guardian), please terminate the current visa while asking the immigration officer to allow extra days of permission to stay after the cancellation or arrange for the visa cancellation on the same day as the appointment date at the immigration office where you got your current visa from. 

So it’s my understanding that Non-O retirement and / or extension of stay don’t need cancellation. 

If anyone here has different information please let me know. I would hate to make the trip to Bangkok twice …

• Agree 1

Wealthy Pensioner LTR April 2023 - March 2024 time frame for income details.

4-4-24: Submitted the following information

• Explanation memo:  Describes monthly pension, dividend calculations, and insurance coverage.  I also translated this into Thai using Google Translate in an effort to make things easy to understand for the BOI staff.

• Income documentation
  1. April 2023 - March 2024 OPM summary of payments to show pension income
  2. Vanguard 3-31-23, 12-31-23, 3-31-24 monthly statements to show April 2023-March 2024 dividend calculation.  Account numbers and anything non-dividend related was redacted.
  3. IRS Form 1040 for 2023 with line 3b (ordinary dividends) and line 5a (pensions and annuities) highlighted.  SSN and banking info redacted.

• Medical insurance documentation:
  1. Verification of coverage memo from AFSPA (FEHB medical).
  2. April 2024 OPM annuity statement showing latest monthly insurance premium
  3. Select pages of annual brochure showing inpatient/outpatient coverage

4-11-24:  Received email from BOI requesting 2023 form 1099 for pension. 15 day limit to respond.

4-23-24:   Sent the following supplemental information

1. 2023 OPM 1099-R (pension)
  2. 2023 Vanguard 1099-R (dividends)

4-24-24 Received email from BOI stating LTRWP##### has been endorsed.  Instructions are to update information and select location to pay fee.  Nothing was asked about medical insurance.  I need to make flight reservations and add that info. 

Questions for the group:

1. If I choose to pay THB 50K at the BOI do I need to do this within 60 days of 4-24-24?
  2. Will they still accept cash? I don't have a Thai bank account yet.
  3. If I instead choose to pay for the e-visa in the US do I still need to arrive in Thailand within 60 days?

It's cheaper to pay in BKK, but the e-visa (USD 1600) might be worth the extra expense if it allows me to arrive later in 2023.

Edited by Lost Nomad
update to questions
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2024 at 7:12 PM, Thailand J said:

I didn't shop around. I bought health insurance for LTR visa from AXA, the only company I called. The premium depends on the insurer's age and the deductible. In the picture below , Plan 1 with 2M maximum benefit is good enough for LTR visas. I needed at least 10 months left on the policy at the time of visa approval, so I started the application without health insurance, and bought the policy when BOI asked for it.

Image_20240327004244.jpg

"Plan 1 with 2M maximum benefit is good enough for LTR visa"

I am also interested in AXA health insurance but not sure about plan 1 or 2 and the deductible. Do you mean Plan 1 with 200 000 deductible is OK ?

5 hours ago, Lost Nomad said:

Questions for the group:

1. If I choose to pay THB 50K at the BOI do I need to do this within 60 days of 4-24-24?
  2. Will they still accept cash? I don't have a Thai bank account yet.
  3. If I instead choose to pay for the e-visa in the US do I still need to arrive in Thailand within 60 days?

It's cheaper to pay in BKK, but the e-visa (USD 1600) might be worth the extra expense if it allows me to arrive later in 2023.

1. Yes, I think you're supposed to make an appointment at the BOI within 60 days of receiving the approval letter.  You may be able to get this extended if you request it.

2. As of Dec 2023 they were still accepting cash for the LTR visa itself. If you get a digital work permit, however, it's a different cashier and they would only accept credit card or phone app bank transfer.

3. If you choose the e-visa in the US, you'll get a pdf of the visa and there's no 60 day limit for entry.

Just a note on e-visas:  if you later want to switch to another type of visa these can be problematic.  The LTR e-visa is good for 10 years (rather than the standard 90 days for most visa types). So you'd have to get the e-visa cancelled by the Thai embassy or consulate that issued it.  It can be done, but the process is complicated and long.  I had an LTR e-visa initially, but when I became eligible for an LTR visa with a lower income tax rate, it was financially worthwhile to switch.  Eventually I was able to do so, but had I not gone the LTR e-visa route initially and instead gotten my LTR visa issues in Bangkok, the LTR unit in Bangkok could have handled cancelling the old visa, and the  switch would have been much easier.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Schorsch0815 said:

I entered Thailand with a  Non-O Retiree visa (60 days I think) two years ago and I have had two annual extension of stay since. 

It’s my understanding that the extension of stay doesn’t affect the visa. So the visa itself is expired, it is just the basis on which the extension of stay was/is granted. Hence there is no visa that can be cancelled. 

My LTR got approved today. In the email BOI informs:

If you are currently on a Thai visa category which needs to be cancelled before receiving LTR such as Non-B, Non-IB, Non-F, Smart Visa, Non-O (except for Non-O Retirement visa, Thai Spouse, Guardian), please terminate the current visa while asking the immigration officer to allow extra days of permission to stay after the cancellation or arrange for the visa cancellation on the same day as the appointment date at the immigration office where you got your current visa from. 

So it’s my understanding that Non-O retirement and / or extension of stay don’t need cancellation. 

If anyone here has different information please let me know. I would hate to make the trip to Bangkok twice …

BOI Immigration will be able to cancel the Non O Extension of Stay you are on....or at least they would in late Dec 2022 when I got my LTR issued.   I was on a Non OA Marriage Extension of Stay at the time....I had got the original Non OA in 2008 and had done Extensions of Stay for 2009 thru 2022 (14 Extensions of Stay....12 of them Retirement and the last 2 Marriage).  BOI cancelled the Non OA Marriage Extension of Stay I was on (but required wife's Thai ID and a fresh Kor Ror 2) and then a few minutes later issued the LTR Pension visa.

• Thanks 1

Here's a copy of my email to BoI ref visa cancellation. And their reply. This was back in July:

This quote is in one of your guidance documents: "....contact the LTR Screen staff in-charge for guidance if you wish to get the LTR visa and terminate the current visa on the same day"

My understanding is, it's a package deal that old visa is cancelled at the same appointment as my issuance of my LTR visa. Is this correct?

My current visa is a Non Imm O- A, with a retirement extension.

Please advise if I need to do something about visa cancellation prior to
my LTR appointment.....

Their reply:

The requirement to cancel your current visa before obtaining the LTR Visa depends on the type of visa you are currently holding. In most cases, the officer will notify you in advance if it is necessary to cancel your existing visa before applying for the LTR Visa.

Regarding the O-A visa, it is not necessary to cancel it before coming to obtain the LTR Visa. You can proceed with obtaining the LTR Visa even if your O-A visa is still active in your passport.

So, advised to do nothing, I did nothing prior to attending my appointment. I guess, during somewhere leading up to the LTR visa stamp in my passport, some bureaucratic voodoo occurred, which I didn't witness, that made my extension vanish. Anyway, don't worry about having to make two trips to Bangkok. You're covered, I'm sure. 

• Thanks 2

Just saw a new Notice in red text when first going to the LTR Visa website.  See link/snapshot at bottom.   Some cryptic talk in how you could lose you current LTR visa...such as switching to visa OR failing to maintain your LTR visa period.   

Personally, I'm not sure what the second reason of "failing to maintain your LTR visa period" really means.  Maybe, repeat, maybe that means not maintaining LTR income/health coverage/etc., requirement during the LTR visa...or maybe failing to renew your passport.  Yeap, that part is cryptic to me.

And even the first reason of switching visas to enter Thailand leaves me scratching my head.....why would someone want to change visas if they have an LTR visa.   But I'm sure some weird situations arise with some folks which might explain what is really meant.  

https://ltr.boi.go.th/index.html#what

image.png.800b56f2797e65fa20ae2c1233e240e0.png

16 minutes ago, Pib said:

Just saw a new Notice in red text when first going to the LTR Visa website.  See link/snapshot at bottom.   Some cryptic talk in how you could lose you current LTR visa...such as switching to visa OR failing to maintain your LTR visa period.   

Personally, I'm not sure what the second reason of "failing to maintain your LTR visa period" really means.  Maybe, repeat, maybe that means not maintaining LTR income/health coverage/etc., requirement during the LTR visa...or maybe failing to renew your passport.  Yeap, that part is cryptic to me.

And even the first reason of switching visas to enter Thailand leaves me scratching my head.....why would someone want to change visas if they have an LTR visa.   But I'm sure some weird situations arise with some folks which might explain what is really meant.  

https://ltr.boi.go.th/index.html#what

image.png.800b56f2797e65fa20ae2c1233e240e0.png

That makes sense to me. Another type of visa would collide of course and not "re-newing" the visa after the first 5year have expired would make the existing LTR visa void. No surprises or opaque moments here. One could read into the wording that there's the usual competition between gov agencies going on (immi and BOI in this case but it really is a worldwide phenomenon) but I once was told by a wise woman not to assume... and she was right as usual. 

12 hours ago, frankstraube said:

I am also interested in AXA health insurance but not sure about plan 1 or 2 and the deductible. Do you mean Plan 1 with 200 000 deductible is OK

Plan 1 has a maximum benefit per disability of 2M which is above the $50,000 BOI requirement, so Plan 1 is acceptable. BOI does not care about the deductible,  it can be any amount of your choice.

I bought the policy just to meet LTR visa requirement, so I picked the highest deductible at a lower cost.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Misty said:

1. Yes, I think you're supposed to make an appointment at the BOI within 60 days of receiving the approval letter.  You may be able to get this extended if you request it.

2. As of Dec 2023 they were still accepting cash for the LTR visa itself. If you get a digital work permit, however, it's a different cashier and they would only accept credit card or phone app bank transfer.

3. If you choose the e-visa in the US, you'll get a pdf of the visa and there's no 60 day limit for entry.

Just a note on e-visas:  if you later want to switch to another type of visa these can be problematic.  The LTR e-visa is good for 10 years (rather than the standard 90 days for most visa types). So you'd have to get the e-visa cancelled by the Thai embassy or consulate that issued it.  It can be done, but the process is complicated and long.  I had an LTR e-visa initially, but when I became eligible for an LTR visa with a lower income tax rate, it was financially worthwhile to switch.  Eventually I was able to do so, but had I not gone the LTR e-visa route initially and instead gotten my LTR visa issues in Bangkok, the LTR unit in Bangkok could have handled cancelling the old visa, and the  switch would have been much easier.

Thanks Misty.  I don't plan on needing to switch visas in the future so the issue is my arrival date in Thailand with the THB 50K < USD 1600 consideration.  I sent an email to the BOI to confirm if 6-21-24 would be the latest valid date if paying in BKK.  I didn't ask if they could extend the date.

• Agree 1

On 10/1/2023 at 9:24 AM, oldcpu said:

I recently returned to Phuket after 1 month outside Thailand, traveling in Europe.

I could not find a 'Fast Track' line at the Phuket International Airport, so my Thai wife and I entered the Thai line, which I note had no one in line waiting to clear immigration.  This was in stark contrast to the line to clear immigration for non-Thai, which was very long.  I venture a 30 minute or longer wait in line to clear immigration.

Once again, I left Phuket and then returned to Phuket, this time after a 6-week visit to New Zealand and Australia (myself having an LTR-WP visa).

Again - I did not spot a 'Fast Track' line in Phuket airport immigration (at arrivals), but I was with my Thai wife, so we entered the Thai line area, which again had no one waiting in line.  The foreigner line thou was not as bad this time, maybe only a 5 to 10 minute wait for any in the foreigner line.

There were two booths side by side for the Thai line, and I went through one and my wife through the other booth. 

The IO looked at my LTR visa, looked again, and then looked again, then looked again.  Then they knocked on the glass window to another adjacent IO booth (likely a more experienced IO in that booth) and showed them through the glass my LTR visa stamp.  The IO in the other booth stated "LTR" plus some Thai, and that IO quickly came around to the booth where I was waiting, and gave the IO in my booth, what I believe to be some instructions.  The IO in the booth where I was waiting then very carefully stamped my entry into Thailand, and hand filled in the 'permission to stay' date (which was the same date as my previous permission to stay date ... just 4 years from now).  

When I received my passport back, I took a quick look, confirmed the 'permission to stay date' was correct, and I gave the IO a polite wai, to which he wai'd back ... and I was through immigration.

It was a bit slow for me to go through as it appears the Phuket IOs still are not all that familiar with the LTR visa.  Still there was a very good level of politeness and effort to be professional.  I am happy how the entry went.

• Thanks 2

As indicated in my previous post, I received the endorsed email (step 5) and need to update information (step 6).  I sent the BOI an email asking about the latest I can arrive in BKK in order to comply with the  +60 days requirement if paying in BKK.  The BOI response said since I haven't updated my information the clock hasn't started yet.  I hope the endorsed status means my income and medical insurance are good to go, so the only thing I need to update is my projected arrival in BKK date and desired appointment date.  Cash or QR code is acceptable.  The BOI response also confirmed if paying for e-visa than there is no deadline on my arrival in country.

Edited by Lost Nomad
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2024 at 11:48 AM, Thailand J said:

Plan 1 has a maximum benefit per disability of 2M which is above the $50,000 BOI requirement, so Plan 1 is acceptable. BOI does not care about the deductible,  it can be any amount of your choice.

I bought the policy just to meet LTR visa requirement, so I picked the highest deductible at a lower cost.

OK thanks.

So for me the cheaper Plan 1 with 300 000 bahts deductible will do, at 60 years old it is only 5 865 bahts.

I see there is a big step from 60 to 61 yo, becoming 17 350 bahts.  Meaning that for AXA real health problems begin after 60 years old...

On the attestation given by AXA, do they mention the type of Visa (LTR), Plan number, and value of the deductible ?

Edited by frankstraube

LTR and TM30

I received my final approval today and instructed to schedule my appointment.  I have a question for those who have actually gone through the appointment process.  Do you have to provide a TM30?  I asked BOI but don't think they quite understood me.  They just responded with the general requirements for a TM30.  I have been coming and staying in Thailand (for various lengths of time) for the last 25 years.  Stay at my house (owned by my wife).  I have never done a TM30 and never asked for one. In fact never heard of it until just a few years ago. Haven't done one on this trip.  So anyone who has had their appointment, did you need the TM30?  I have been in Thailand for almost a week.  Can I still get one if necessary.  Was thinking of getting one as soon as the LTR received. Very much appreciate anyones personal experiences.