Looking for good cheap restaurant for daily meals

We stay 2 months not 1-2 week.

I was looking for cheap daily meals. But sometime we eat "normal" no problem.

But for daily meals yes I prefer value and when I can have checkbill for 4 for 300Bahts I prefer than 400 or 500.

(Add to this Eur exchange rate... And yes flight from europe 1000eur pp)

Btw I had great advices here, thank you all!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

"...glass noodles with veggies--20 bt".

Food cart?

street food   lady is set up daily with a dozen dishes..i just get vegetarian stuff from her since it sits out......and can microwave it back home.....i mostly eat street food and have regular spots....the chicken tenders girl likes me and gives me a bonus tender!! woooo!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Bkk. Expect to pay 3-5 baht for dirty ice and water.

Buy a drink from the fridge.

the water and ice is brought in daily from a company---i also bought a case of h20 for my room and also bought the 5 gallon jugs---osmosis water  12 bt for 5 gallons..40 for case

never had an issue with water or ice as i seem them fill the pitcher from 5 gln jugs but feel free to pay for the same exact water and add to the plastic problem.....

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

Samui is an island and prices are higher on islands due to transportation costs, i.e. ferry, it's general Thai knowledge that living costs are little higher on islands than mainland, so not much help to OP talking about northern Thailand...????

reason #385305793 why one trip to south was enough for me in 2008   a rip off imo

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, khman said:

We stay 2 months not 1-2 week.

I was looking for cheap daily meals. But sometime we eat "normal" no problem.

But for daily meals yes I prefer value and when I can have checkbill for 4 for 300Bahts I prefer than 400 or 500.

(Add to this Eur exchange rate... And yes flight from europe 1000eur pp)

Btw I had great advices here, thank you all!

If you don't mind eating cheap food at home both Tesco and Big C cook food daily and discount it after 4-5pm. Nothing fancy but you can buy fried rice, some soups and some fried/barbecued things as cheap as 15-20 baht a dish. It is safe and cooked in controlled environment. I buy from time to time Saba (mackerel) from Big C as a side dish for a Leo.

• Thanks 1