Eleven Conservatives now bidding to be next UK prime minister

CharlieH

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Unfortunately this whole episode was brought about by one of your blue tie pals not behaving himself with other members whilst in the private Carleton Club. ????

Very little to do with that non-event. It’s due to a concerted campaign of anti-Boris bullying by the combined forces of the left, remainers and MSN, to which some opportunist Tory MPs have seen their chance at the top job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its off topic to ask you what you meant when you posted :"rising- feeding frenzy at the trough." ? 

I made my point- your demanding explanations is off topic. 

You don’t get it-not my problem or on topic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RayC said:

Of course Johnson did nothing to bring it upon himself. 

As usual, always someone else's fault.

I do feel that the medias constant negative often exaggerated reports had quite a lot to do with his downfall  , its quite clear from our cousins across the ocean that people of a certain political persuasion get a free ride when it comes to media criticism  

44 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do feel that the medias constant negative often exaggerated reports had quite a lot to do with his downfall 

Quite possibly but the government of the day - and especially the PM - are always going to attract a disproportionate amount of attention. Imo it was no different when Blair/ Brown were in office although, of course, social media was not as omnipresent then as it is now.

44 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

, its quite clear from our cousins across the ocean that people of a certain political persuasion get a free ride when it comes to media criticism  

I don't follow US politics as closer as I should but is that really the case? I've seen articles critical of the Biden administration. What most media seems to avoid is mention of the President's memory lapses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

I don't follow US politics as closer as I should but is that really the case? I've seen articles critical of the Biden administration. What most media seems to avoid is mention of the President's memory lapses.

Slightly veering off topic , but have you noticed a difference in the negative media coverage between the former and current potus. There  were regular  daily  negative reports about the former and very few about the latter 

35 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Slightly veering off topic , but have you noticed a difference in the negative media coverage between the former and current potus. There  were regular  daily  negative reports about the former and very few about the latter 

I’d agree, that is veering off topic, set up by you with your ‘our cousins across the ocean’.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Candidates for the post are now promising tax cuts, without explaining how these tax cuts will be funded.

A donkey derby with ERG electrodes attached to their privates..

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Candidates for the post are now promising tax cuts, without explaining how these tax cuts will be funded.

I know, it’s a joke isn’t it. You would have thought they would have learned that won’t win because they’ve seen Labour constantly fail with the same tactics. Thanks 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Labour doing what?

Labour are not in power.

Labour not being able to come up with coherent costed policies. 

That’s why they have not been able to win power at the last four elections. 

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Labour not being able to come up with coherent costed policies. 

That’s why they have not been able to win power at the last four elections. 

A windfall tax on energy companies was a Labour Policy, re-hashed and re-named in a Tory U-Turn.

Next.

• Like 2

But with BoJo's statement that he'll remain in #10 until a new PM takes the position isn't it in his interest to delay that from happening?

Of course he would say he'd never do that, that's his style.

15 hours ago, RayC said:

What prevented Truss announcing her candidacy whilst she was in Indonesia? What was so urgent that she had to be back in London?

A meeting of the foreign ministers representing the world's top 20 national economies is unimportant? 

You're welcome. Although I'm sure that there are more than a few Tory supporters who were surprised and disappointed by Truss's actions.

You might want to consider a stronger prescription for those insight glasses of yours.

Very funny, but, I am not Liz Truss secretary, nor are you, so don't ask daft questions.

Did I say the World's top 20 National economies were unimportant.....?

I think you are making bar stool assumptions, especially over my insight glasses, mon ami, but good fun, though please do try harder...????

17 hours ago, transam said:

Is that how Labour does it......?

I think the blue ties are more into restaurants.........????

Actually, if I recall correctly (and maybe not, as an old gin sodden fascist I do occasionally get these things wrong) the last "transfer of power" from one sitting Labour Prime Minister resigning to allow another one to step up to the plate was all sorted out in a restaurant. The "Granita" I believe it was called.????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Actually, if I recall correctly (and maybe not, as an old gin sodden fascist I do occasionally get these things wrong) the last "transfer of power" from one sitting Labour Prime Minister resigning to allow another one to step up to the plate was all sorted out in a restaurant. The "Granita" I believe it was called.????

Who was the last British Prime Minister to have won AND lost power via a general election? 

20 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She frequently embarrasses herself by revealing a total lack of knowledge on any subject she happens to be pontificating on 

That's funny, for someone who supports a party starring Rayner and Abbott, one of which is a rough old bint who likes calling people Scum and brags about her lack of ability to speak properly, and the other who thinks 2 + 2 is 1,436,876.34 ????.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m wondering how any of that inflammatory nonsense relates to the topic of discussion.

It's relevant because whoever of the 11 wins the Tory leadership race, the Conservatives will win the next election due to the staggering, embarrassing level of ineptitude on Labour's front bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1