Eleven Conservatives now bidding to be next UK prime minister

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m wondering how any of that inflammatory nonsense relates to the topic of discussion.

Well, it is strange the lefties never say a word against the two, but probably think it is normal for the Labour benches.....????

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, baboon said:

Who was the last British Prime Minister to have won AND lost power via a general election? 

Thinking back, Heath I think, and his tastes for relaxation/entertainment allegedly lay elsewhere than dining in restaurants!

Mind you I am not sure whether that has anything to do with the original post, nor the little excursion that @transam and I have indulged in!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Thinking back, Heath I think, and his tastes for relaxation/entertainment allegedly lay elsewhere than dining in restaurants!

Mind you I am not sure whether that has anything to do with the original post, nor the little excursion that @transam and I have indulged in!

I was illustrating that there is nothing unusual about the transferring of the premiership without there  being an election.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What’s her ethnicity hot to do with anything?

She openly expresses hard rightwing views and nothing about her ethnicity has ever stopped her scapegoating immigrants or trying to enact policies against immigrants in contravention with the UK’s human rights law.

That's rich coming from someone who accused me of disliking Carrie Symonds green politics because she's a woman ????. Hypocritical much?

I just thought it was interesting that of all the Tories to single out for this vile abuse, they chose a female from an ethnic minority. 

Very telling, and yet more spite and nastiness from the self proclaimed 'be kind' people. I think I see a pattern here... :thumbsup:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Wow, you chose to single out a woman from an ethic minority background for such abuse. 

Shameful.

Sorry, I forgot to put 555 or Ha ha ha or a jokey emoji after my post. 

On 7/11/2022 at 1:43 PM, transam said:

Liz Truss is always good at the dispatch box, she is good and well practised dealing with other nations, and never uses 4 letter words as the bird opposite does.............???? 

So she's not suitable for the role in question.

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What’s her ethnicity hot to do with anything?

She openly expresses hard rightwing views and nothing about her ethnicity has ever stopped her scapegoating immigrants or trying to enact policies against immigrants in contravention with the UK’s human rights law.

She is in charge of the department that is responsible for dealing with illegal immigrants.   That is her job and if she does not try to do her job then the UK will effectively have open borders and all the social problems that come along with such a reckless policy, such as the destruction of the health and social security services.  

Do you have any evidence that she has scapegoated, or attempted to enact policies against, or has a problem with ordinary immigrants who play by the rules and enter the UK legally?  If you do not it just sounds like you are attacking a brown woman without cause who is just trying to do her job.   We have a word for that kind of thing you know...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

She is in charge of the department that is responsible for dealing with illegal immigrants.   That is her job and if she does not try to do her job then the UK will effectively have open borders and all the social problems that come along with such a reckless policy, such as the destruction of the health and social security services.  

Do you have any evidence that she has scapegoated, or attempted to enact policies against, or has a problem with ordinary immigrants who play by the rules and enter the UK legally?  If you do not it just sounds like you are attacking a brown woman without cause who is just trying to do her job.   We have a word for that kind of thing you know...

Well it’s not just me opinion:

https://www.politicshome.com/thehouse/article/this-government-has-shown-yet-again-its-attempt-to-scapegoat-migrants-for-their-own-mismanagement

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/24/priti-patel-is-spreading-stories-about-refugees-to-suit-her-own-agenda-15646553/amp/

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19424398.outrage-patels-abhorrent-anti-refugee-legislation/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I take it you mist Patel’s dog whistle remarks ‘North London Liberal Elite’.

A term often used by the British Nationalist Party.

Anyway, don’t let that interrupt your outrage.

Her dog is called Mist, I didn't know that. thanks.....????

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes, they are opinion pieces that do not provide any evidence that Patel scapegoats ordinary immigrants who play by the rules and enter the UK legally.   Like I said, if you do not have any evidence of what you accuse Patel of, then it just sounds like you are attacking a brown woman without cause for simply doing her job (which is dealing with the problem of illegal immigration).    As I said, we have a word for that sort of thing ...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

Of course vile abuse is only fair and reasonable when Diane Abbott is in the far right's crosshairs. She's fair game.

Hypocritical much?

"Far rights crosshairs", tut tut, where did you get that from, where's your evidence...?

So after you lefty lot slagged off Boris here, it's a different story for a totally incompetent Labour MP to be mentioned...

Hilarious and hypocritical in the extreme....????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Yes, they are opinion pieces that do not provide any evidence that Patel scapegoats ordinary immigrants who play by the rules and enter the UK legally.   Like I said, if you do not have any evidence of what you accuse Patel of, then it just sounds like you are attacking a brown woman without cause for simply doing her job (which is dealing with the problem of illegal immigration).    As I said, we have a word for that sort of thing ...

Reporting facts of Patel’s actions and words is not ‘opinion’.

Where is it written that it is  Patel’s job to do anything in contravention with human rights law?

How is Patel’s own ethnicity a defense against criticism of her words and actions.

I have word for that too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, baboon said:

Of course vile abuse is only fair and reasonable when Diane Abbott is in the far right's crosshairs. She's fair game.

Hypocritical much?

I'm not sure who this far right is that you speak of.

However, I've never seen her accused of being a Nazi. That tends to be a lefty insult when they start losing the argument (along with fascist, racist etc.).

My criticism of her has always been about her complete ineptitude which is 100% fair and accurate. 

• Thanks 1