Eleven Conservatives now bidding to be next UK prime minister

CharlieH

18 minutes ago, James105 said:

I think I would have a preference for Kemi Badenoch.   She is an actual bona fide believer in free speech and conservative values, and is untainted by the Boris government.   It would also be amusing to watch the racists on the left tie themselves in knots over her becoming PM as well,  proving that you do not actually need to exclude white people for black people to get to the top - as long as they are good enough of course.     

Yeah Kemi is also a good shout. Her support of Brexit and opposition to Woke Ideology and Critical Race Theory are definite positives. It would be a massive step up from previous appointments but I have no reason to doubt she could make that step.

It would also be great to see the AntiSemites on the left having a meltdown. "But but but, a black woman leading the Tories, how can that be, I thought they were all racist misogynists?" or "how can this black woman be a Conservative, black people are supposed to vote Labour, doesn't she understand Identity Politics?". ????

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Yeah Kemi is also a good shout. Her support of Brexit and opposition to Woke Ideology and Critical Race Theory are definite positives. It would be a massive step up from previous appointments but I have no reason to doubt she could make that step.

It would also be great to see the AntiSemites on the left having a meltdown. "But but but, a black woman leading the Tories, how can that be, I thought they were all racist misogynists?" or "how can this black woman be a Conservative, black people are supposed to vote Labour, doesn't she understand Identity Politics?". ????

Ah the irony after your previous comments on Diane Abbott…LOL. 

Who on this thread has actually said that “black people” are supposed to vote Labour? 

I don’t know anyone who would object to badenoch as a minister on the basis of her gender or ethnicity. 

Now there is plenty I do not like about her political outlook…but those objections have nothing to do with gender or ethnicity. 

Oh and another woman appears to be emerging as a possibly serious contender…seems featuring a convicted murderer in your initial candidature video isn’t a problem among tory mps. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/12/bitter-split-in-tory-right-may-boost-leadership-chances-of-penny-mordaunt?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo
  • Like 2

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Ah the irony after your previous comments on Diane Abbot LOL. 

Nothing ironic there. I judge people on the content of their character rather than the colour of their skin.

Which is why I have huge respect for Kemi Badenoch and nothing but contempt for Abbott. Saying Mao did more good than harm, supporting the IRA and illegally boozing on a public train are not actions worthy of respect IMO. Her claims that she could hire 10,000 police officers for 300,000 pounds (30 quid per officer) also leave me doubting her intelligence as well as her character. 

Still, if that's the best Labour has to offer...

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

image.png.caea61831751339cd3a3b5f610d3d28c.png

No one on this thread has mentioned any such thing when commenting on this thread…well except you that is but that’s just deflection away from the hilarity of the irony of your earlier post. 

Im still laughing. 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Oh that's right, she's currently off the front bench. It's hard to keep up, she's on and off that bench with the same regularity that she was on and off Corbyn in the 70's.

Like most Tories, you seem obsessed with Diane Abbott. Unfortunately, you are surprisingly ill-informed about her position in the Labour party. She has not been on the front bench since Starmer took over in February 2020.

Abbott is to the current Labour administration what Peter Bone is to the Tories. They would rather they were not there but they have to be tolerated. Neither has a cat's change in hell in featuring on the front bench .... Oh, hold on. ...

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Back on topic, we're down to 8 now. I'm sure the lefties will be surprised and dismayed to see such a wide range of ethnic backgrounds and an equal split of men and women. All based on merit and without the need for box ticking. Marvellous. If only the Labour party had such wide ranging talent we might have a decent opposition that could hold the government to account instead of petty point scoring and oneupmanship.

With Raab and The Moggster out of the running, I'm backing Liz Truss. That would be the 3rd female PM for the Tories. I wonder how many the 'progressive' Labour party have had? Hmmmm. Interesting...

I remain unconvinced about positive discrimination, but fair play to you for embracing such a woke, lefty liberal concept.

• Haha 1

Just now, RayC said:

Like most Tories, you seem obsessed with Diane Abbott. Unfortunately, you are surprisingly ill-informed about her position in the Labour party. She has not been on the front bench since Starmer took over in February 2020.

Abbott is to the current Labour administration what Peter Bone is to the Tories. They would rather they were not there but they have to be tolerated. Neither has a cat's change in hell in featuring on the front bench .... Oh, hold on. ...

I remain unconvinced about positive discrimination, but fair play to you for embracing such a woke, lefty liberal concept.

Positive discrimination? Since when is backing a female for a position, positive discrimination? Are you implying I am only backing her because she's a woman? I mean, there's no way a woman could actually be the best person for the job, right?

Misogynistic much? ????

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, James105 said:

If they could do so then this sort of nonsense would not need to be suggested. 

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/labour-to-bring-in-allbame-shortlists-as-part-of-candidate-selection-overhaul

I’m all for affirmative action.

Makes the world a much better place.

Viva diversity. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Viva diversity. 

“Affirmative Action”? It’s reverse racism. 
Nor does it create diversity. Try viewing a few UK advertisements. N’er a white face to be seen. 
Tut tut. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

“Affirmative Action”? It’s reverse racism. 
Nor does it create diversity. Try viewing a few UK advertisements. N’er a white face to be seen. 
Tut tut. 

Tut tut…what utter nonsense.

I’m in the uk now and what you have said there is so far from reality that it could be considered a deliberately hyperbolic untruth. 

• Like 1

Then there were 6

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/13/jeremy-hunt-and-nadhim-zahawi-knocked-out-of-tory-leadership-race?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Sunak top as six candidates make second round

Former Chancellor Rishi Sunak has secured the most votes from Tory MPs after the first round of voting.

The remaining candidates left in the leadership contest are:

Kemi Badenoch - 40 votes

Suella Braverman - 32 votes

Penny Mordaunt - 67 votes

Rishi Sunak - 88 votes

Liz Truss - 50 votes

Tom Tugendhat - 37 votes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Edited by Bluespunk
Link added

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Tut tut…what utter nonsense.

I’m in the uk now and what you have said there is so far from reality that it could be considered a deliberately hyperbolic untruth. 

You don’t watch much ITV then,  only BBC? Try counting the white faced news presenters. You won’t need both hands. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

My oh my but how you are changing your, equally deliberately hyperbolic untruthful, arguments.

First it was adverts now it’s news presenters on one tv channel… not that it matters- it is still nonsense, though nonsense laden with prejudicial deviations from the truth. 

Mere observations, truthful and without opinion or comment. 

Why are you so outraged, is it all fake for effect? I though you wanted affirmative action?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Mere observations, truthful and without opinion or comment. 

Why are you so outraged, is it all fake for effect? I though you wanted affirmative action?

Outraged? Who’s outraged?

I’m just pointing out your deliberately inaccurate deviations from the truth. 

No problem, always happy to expose prejudice laden misinformation. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo
  • Like 2

Outraged? Who’s outraged?

I’m just pointing out your deliberately inaccurate deviations from the truth. 

No problem, always happy to expose prejudice laden misinformation. 

Nothing inaccurate at all, just the truth. Watch some UK telly if you don’t believe. You might be pleasantly surprised. 

Edited by Loiner
Incomplete

15 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Nothing inaccurate at all, just the truth. Watch some UK telly if you don’t believe. 

You are not only woefully wrong but are also deliberately making inaccurate claims based on an attempt to promote an agenda rooted in misinformation and prejudice. 

https://www.tvnewsroom.co.uk/itv-news/itv-news-presenters-2333/?amp

Edited by Bluespunk

You are not only woefully wrong but are also deliberately making inaccurate claims based on an attempt to promote an agenda rooted in misinformation and prejudice. 

https://www.tvnewsroom.co.uk/itv-news/itv-news-presenters-2333/?amp

I’m very right because I’ve seen it regularly.

Thought you didn’t watch ITV, or do you manage to miss the adverts? What about BBC presenters?

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I’m very right because I’ve seen it regularly.

Thought you didn’t watch ITV, or do you manage to miss the adverts? What about BBC presenters?

Why on earth would you think I don’t watch itv?

The fact I do means I knew straight away you were deliberately deviating from the truth. 

You’re wrong and the fact you have chosen to ignore the link that conclusively shows you are wrong is more evidence you are pushing an agenda rooted in prejudice rather than the truth. 

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Then there were 6

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/13/jeremy-hunt-and-nadhim-zahawi-knocked-out-of-tory-leadership-race?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Sunak top as six candidates make second round

Former Chancellor Rishi Sunak has secured the most votes from Tory MPs after the first round of voting.

The remaining candidates left in the leadership contest are:

Kemi Badenoch - 40 votes

Suella Braverman - 32 votes

Penny Mordaunt - 67 votes

Rishi Sunak - 88 votes

Liz Truss - 50 votes

Tom Tugendhat - 37 votes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

If this was a Labour leadership election the bookies would no longer be taking bets as there is only one straight white male left in the competition.  

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Viva diversity. 

It's no surprise to me that you support racist policies such as shortlisting candidates based on their ethnicity. Many on the left are fine with racism, as long as it's discriminating against the 'correct' race.

Are you on board with the antisemitism so rampant in the Labour party as well?

• Thanks 1