Bottled Palm Oil Prices to Fall to B64-69/Liter

snoop1130

1657596457_998110-tnamcot-768x512.jpeg

BANGKOK, July 12 (TNA) – The operators of all department stores agree to reduce the retail prices of one-liter bottled palm oil to 64-69 baht this week, according to the Department of Internal Trade.

Udom Srisomsong, deputy director-general of the department, said representatives of department stores already promised to cut the retail prices of one-liter bottled palm oil at their premises in accordance with the declining prices of oil palm nuts and crude palm oil.

However, the retail price reduction might be slow because high global oil prices raised transport costs, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-977817

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-07-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the retail price reduction might be slow because high global oil prices raised transport costs, he said

So price cuts most likely won't trickle down to the consumer.

As usual in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

I wouldn't use it if it were free.

Horrible slop to pour into your bloodstream.

Used to use rice bran oil for a while but now won't use anything but olive oil. Cost is not an issue since I use very little oil in my diet anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

I wouldn't use it if it were free.

Horrible slop to pour into your bloodstream.

Used to use rice bran oil for a while but now won't use anything but olive oil. Cost is not an issue since I use very little oil in my diet anyway.

I Use coconut oil..