Five-day-long weekend to celebrate two major Buddhist holidays

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, mikebike said:

How long have u lived here? Beer is always available.

My favourite bars are closed, the restaurants I would like a glass of wine in are not serving.

Grant you a beer in a mom and pop shop in 30 plus degrees in the middle of nowhere may be an option, but I would rather stay at home in that case.

Been working here over 25 years, should that make a difference?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, mikebike said:

These are the types, regardless of how long they've resided here, that still keep to their isolated bubble and aren't aware of what's up and what's not.....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mikebike said:

I fancied a small bottle of Chang yesterday evening, and went to the local 7/11, unaware of this Buddhist holiday.  No problem, I'll go to a ma and pa shop I thought.

Would you believe me when I tell you that I was unable to find any such shop that would sell me 1 small bottle of beer?!  Up and down small sois I went, but nothing was found. This was in central Pattaya!!

I'm teaching right now, but come 9pm, I will again venture outside in search of a small beer.... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sungod said:

My favourite bars are closed, the restaurants I would like a glass of wine in are not serving.

Grant you a beer in a mom and pop shop in 30 plus degrees in the middle of nowhere may be an option, but I would rather stay at home in that case.

Been working here over 25 years, should that make a difference?

Yes it should! After that long only a really bitchy whinger would be complaining and not working out a solution... <deleted>.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, sungod said:

Where are you..... it has been raining and never got above 28 degC where I am? Home is fine, I got the fridge set just right.... watching the rain sitting on a terrace. 

Edited by jacko45k

Just now, jacko45k said:

Where are you..... it has been raining and never got above 28 degC where I am? Home is fine, I got the fridge set just right....

Drinking at home I can do most nights of the week if I choose, but having a couple of days off work and wanting to hits some decent bars, have a meal with a drink without having to get up in the morning is pretty difficult when everything is shut?

1 minute ago, sungod said:

Drinking at home I can do most nights of the week if I choose, but having a couple of days off work and wanting to hits some decent bars, have a meal with a drink without having to get up in the morning is pretty difficult when everything is shut?

Do you get a day off for the 28th? 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Do you get a day off for the 28th? 

Yea, and they even threw in an extra, the 29th for another long weekend ????

One more to go this year, Oct 14th. for another forced long weekend ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Yea, and they even threw in an extra, the 29th for another long weekend ????

One more to go this year, Oct 14th. for another forced long weekend

There appears to be a lot of days off here each year, a pity, as sungod states, quite a few are dry days.