Bar Girl Retirement Strategies

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The first one I moved in with had nothing but a 1mbht mortgage she couldn't pay. Married an old Dutch guy that built a resort on her land and got fat. 

The second one I moved in with had a 5rai rice farm with the chanote used as collateral by her mom on a 100kbht loan from a shark. 

So from my experience they seem to end up with nothing. The ones that accumulate assets are fairly rare IMHO. 

43 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You do not have a great knowledge of Thailand, do you?

As @Farmerslife posted above. Most of the bargirls have a house in their home village to come back to, as they both send money to family and occasionally go home and build the on the house. You have also heard too many stories about the so called "brother". I would say that 50 % might have a husband and 50 % not.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You think a prostitute working Tinder is in some way better than a prostitute working bar? 

I in no way said that. I said the clever girls are on Tinder. Why work when you dont have to? Its simply an observation. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, bbko said:

Bars need cashiers, mamasans, and wait staff.  Massage shops are filled with older ladies that used to work bars.  

Bar girls don't worry about my retirement plan and I don't worry about theirs.

Yeah, I forgot about cashiers. But, bars generally only have one or two cashiers, so not so many jobs. And much lower salary.

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you missed the part that many girls enjoy their time in the bars.

Drinking, smoking, dancing, chatting with their friends and having farangs to pay for everything.

Lots of girls who worked in bars go back there to have fun even after they found a rich sponsor who tried to take them out of the bar.

I know a lady who makes big money on OnlyFans and has multiple sponsors, but she still hits the bars to meet her lady friends. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

The shrewd ones have by then had a house built back home, invested in the family business and are set for a change in life-style 

Except that someone in the family put a note on the Chanote for one million baht, blew the money on gambling, and now the lady has to work bar again.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If they don't drink/drugs or gamble, then 5yr plan as bar gal should secure a nice retirement.  One ex, had millions of baht (not mine) pass through her hands, and into the bottle, lottery & card games.  Now has nothing.

Present wife helped sell the first house for tidy profit, bought land & contracted the 2nd house, with my tutoring, and made excellent profit.  She now downsized to new house w/solar & small parcel of land next door for farming.  So now sits on nice bank account, and nice house that is self sufficient, w/no mortgage.   Technically -0- operating cost, since solar & collect rain water.  Though 150 a month for water isn't going to set anyone back.

All we need to do is feed ourselves.  She/we planned it that way, as any bar or non bar gal can do also, and have a nice retirement.  Just take a wee bit of planning and a brain.

If chickies marry well, expat or Thai, then like myself, subtract mandatory food bill, and we could actually save 50+k baht a month.  Since living on less than 20k is easy and quite comfy. So every year is another 1/2 mill to her retirement fund, and that's with a few out & about paid for.  

No reason for anyone to be skint here on a retirement visa, or spouse/GF, left hanging empty handed after we pass on.  Unless you rent & buy a bunch of depreciating sh!t you don't need, while trying to impress people who could give two sh!ts about you.  Same same, not different worldwide.

10k a month after I c r a p out, and only 1 mill in the bank is good for 8.3 years.  She could easily live on 10k a month.  If I live 10 more years, that's a possible 5 more mill in the bank, so 40 more years of living expense, on top of what she has now, and she's only/all ready 45 yrs old.

Living is Easy .... People make it hard.

How much does she give to her family every month?

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

How much does she give to her family every month?

-0- ... they all have more assets than her.  She's the poor baby of the family.  Her parents died when very young, and most siblings (8) are all retired.  30 yr span between her & the oldest sibling.

One brother, working in USA, just gave her a rai of land, back in the home province, NBLP.   Fronts a lake, and I think he's trying to start a family commune when he comes back, soon.  Giving everyone a rai, from a 70 rai farm he has there.  

Might put one of them cheap knock down houses on it, for holiday place when wanting to visit family.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2