Bar Girl Retirement Strategies

53 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If they don't drink/drugs or gamble, then 5yr plan as bar gal should secure a nice retirement.  One ex, had millions of baht (not mine) pass through her hands, and into the bottle, lottery & card games.  Now has nothing.

Present wife helped sell the first house for tidy profit, bought land & contracted the 2nd house, with my tutoring, and made excellent profit.  She now downsized to new house w/solar & small parcel of land next door for farming.  So now sits on nice bank account, and nice house that is self sufficient, w/no mortgage.   Technically -0- operating cost, since solar & collect rain water.  Though 150 a month for water isn't going to set anyone back.

All we need to do is feed ourselves.  She/we planned it that way, as any bar or non bar gal can do also, and have a nice retirement.  Just take a wee bit of planning and a brain.

If chickies marry well, expat or Thai, then like myself, subtract mandatory food bill, and we could actually save 50+k baht a month.  Since living on less than 20k is easy and quite comfy. So every year is another 1/2 mill to her retirement fund, and that's with a few out & about paid for.  

No reason for anyone to be skint here on a retirement visa, or spouse/GF, left hanging empty handed after we pass on.  Unless you rent & buy a bunch of depreciating sh!t you don't need, while trying to impress people who could give two sh!ts about you.  Same same, not different worldwide.

10k a month after I c r a p out, and only 1 mill in the bank is good for 8.3 years.  She could easily live on 10k a month.  If I live 10 more years, that's a possible 5 more mill in the bank, so 40 more years of living expense, on top of what she has now, and she's only/all ready 45 yrs old.

Living is Easy .... People make it hard.

My girlfriend EATS about 25k a month easy in Pattaya area lol.  Most of it street vendor and market food even.

I"m not exagerating either.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Generally 2000 baht.... 3000 if they are taking care of the kid. The myth of these "ladies" working to support their families is simply that

They intend to support their families, but then Thai boyfriends, gambling and drinking get in the way. But, some do send religiously. And some have demanding families that take every satang. 

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

she has managed to have 2 houses built in Nong Saeng for her and has a Fortuner, and a Hi-lux courtesy of a few paramours.

I would think some of this is on credit.

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

From what I see there are tons of +40 girls working in bars. Don't forget many 40yo here could easily pass for 30 in a short dress and makeup. I am guessing after they do start getting a bit rough and can't compete with the younger prettier girls maybe they return to the provincial cities and work in the bars there or work massage, fish bowls etc. Most Udon / Khon Kaen workers I would say 40+.

I think you would be surprised how many of the younger girls are on sites like "onlyfans" now. I don't know the figures but many must have tried this out to supplement their income when Covid shut everything down for 2 years. I have seen what someone living in Thailand would call very ordinary overweight, tattooed very rough ex bar / village girls charging $10-30 for a monthly subscription, and have several hundred followers. That's not bad coin for sitting on your a$$ and taking a few photos videos. They also do special "custom" videos and are constantly asking for tips, and plenty of blokes stupid enough to give tips to their fantasy GF. They gain an audience by doing raunchy clips on Facebook, Tiktok etc and have links to their onlyfans page from there. They can do some pretty suggestive little videos on these platforms without removing their clothes and soon get a following.

Again even the sort of girl I describe can look pretty hot in a g string and make up. Here they have a worldwide audience, not just a few drunks in a bar.  I am pretty sure it will end up being the death of the bar scene as we knew it, already in decline the last 5 years with Tinder and the like and there will be plenty of work for over 40/50 bar girls, in fact they will be your only choice. Bars just don't seem to be fun places anymore

Bars in Pattaya are far from being in decline. 

Onlyfans has the typical pyramid distribution of earnings, the top 1% gets 90% of the money. Same with most online systems. 

And earnings for the bottom half are intermittent. 

30 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Really?

I am amazed how much money my wife manages to find in villages around our area.

She has business selling second hand clothes, gets herself up 4.45 am, drives the truck to various village markets around and never comes back with less than a couple of thousand, on a good day she can turn 5K in profit and still be be home by 8.30 AM.

Last month she found a buyer for 10 rai of land. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed, I imagined her getting burnt or even worse it costing me money to bail her out. Today she turns up with a big grin and 100K commission in a 7-11 bag. She's got another two plots of land to sell now.

I agree there aren't so many jobs to be had here, It's not about the region there is money to be made everywhere in Thailand, some are too lazy to think of an idea to get it.

I would give more credit to your story, if your wife were a former bargirl. If not, she has had years of experience living and working in Isaan, which most bargirls don’t have.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I can tell best case they think up to the next payday

Agree.  I was going to post something similar to you post but you nailed it.  It's unfortunate their long term goal is "next payday" with no forward thinking about getting old without that trait that made them money.  But honestly, that is true with just about every country and society.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Funny about the secondhand clothes. When I first came to Thailand and lived in an extremely poor village, I tried to give away some really good quality shirts and shorts. Some of it expensive travel wear worn a few times or even new. Guy next door pretty sure had 2 x shorts and shirts to his name commented to my wife....why he not give me new. Other guy looked at us like we just handed him a sewer rat. Was at a local market and found a woman selling excellent Hawaiin shirts, Columbia shirts and shorts etc for next to nothing. I noticed there was never anyone there and asked my missus why Thais wont buy vintage / second hand clothing. She said "not want look poor" which was ridiculous as they clearly were extremely poor where I lived. I suspect maybe also scared of the ghost of who ever wore the shirt. Things seemed to have changed now a bit and funny the people you see at markets and stalls rummaging through second hand clothes are usually people who look like they have money or are well off 

Yes, you are correct! It's really weird - it is dependent upon areas. 

What is even weirder, its underwear!! She sells Bra's. I can think of nothing worse than second hand underwear.

They are ones that have been placed in charity bins in the west or Japan / Korea, some of its new end of line stuff or factory seconds. Thai made bras are cheap, uncomfortable and they break frequently, the wife sells next to new Calvin Klein and Victoria Secrets for less than the price of a new Thai made bra to all these women in the villages, some villages love them and she gets hoards of customers, its insane. Other markets, you cant give them away, people ask "are these second hand?" with a look of disgust and scuttle off to wash their hands.

I like to drive her some days, I know a few people in the market community now, they come and chat while i'm trying to sleep in the truck. It's a good way to integrate into Thai society and village life, it's a shame its off the cards for westerners otherwise I would love to sell some food I have made or something, the traders work hard and make decent money. So there is money in Issan, you just have to go looking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Funny about the secondhand clothes. When I first came to Thailand and lived in an extremely poor village, I tried to give away some really good quality shirts and shorts. Some of it expensive travel wear worn a few times or even new. Guy next door pretty sure had 2 x shorts and shirts to his name commented to my wife....why he not give me new. Other guy looked at us like we just handed him a sewer rat. Was at a local market and found a woman selling excellent Hawaiin shirts, Columbia shirts and shorts etc for next to nothing. I noticed there was never anyone there and asked my missus why Thais wont buy vintage / second hand clothing. She said "not want look poor" which was ridiculous as they clearly were extremely poor where I lived. I suspect maybe also scared of the ghost of who ever wore the shirt. Things seemed to have changed now a bit and funny the people you see at markets and stalls rummaging through second hand clothes are usually people who look like they have money or are well off 

It became fashion now, second hand clothes, and a new Business model

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

Yes, you are correct! It's really weird - it is dependent upon areas. 

What is even weirder, its underwear!! She sells Bra's. I can think of nothing worse than second hand underwear.

They are ones that have been placed in charity bins in the west or Japan / Korea, some of its new end of line stuff or factory seconds. Thai made bras are cheap, uncomfortable and they break frequently, the wife sells next to new Calvin Klein and Victoria Secrets for less than the price of a new Thai made bra to all these women in the villages, some villages love them and she gets hoards of customers, its insane. Other markets, you cant give them away, people ask "are these second hand?" with a look of disgust and scuttle off to wash their hands.

I like to drive her some days, I know a few people in the market community now, they come and chat while i'm trying to sleep in the truck. It's a good way to integrate into Thai society and village life, it's a shame its off the cards for westerners otherwise I would love to sell some food I have made or something, the traders work hard and make decent money. So there is money in Issan, you just have to go looking.

Of you could bring your own money to Isaan and everyone will really love you!