Want to buy locally 3 outlet Extension Cords - without power strip.

JimmyJ

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you asking for cable with just a 3 pin plug on one end and nothing on the other..?

Nothing except for 3 outlets (or I guess 2) to plug into , as in the 1st item on the link I posted, showing:

"Kasonic 12-Feet 3 Outlet Extension Cord, 2 Pack, Triple Wire Grounded Multi Outlet, UL Listed 16/3 SPT-3, 13 Amp - 125V - 1625 Watts (White)"

No plastic box with outlets and small lights.

Edited by JimmyJ

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The best I could find was with 2 outlets.

Home Pro has many, including good quality.

Extension Cord | HomePro Online Shopping

I scrolled down a long way and not seeing any that look like the 1st item on tbe page I linked, but Home Pro for a long time is on my list of stores to visit, and will take a look there.

I'm getting the feeling they are not sold in SEA...

EDIT - I see the ones with the 2 outlet box.

That may work if I can't find the other type, but will probably buy the one on Amazon if I can't find them here.

Edited by JimmyJ

4 minutes ago, Reposed said:

Looked for the same thing; never found it....

Amazing what is available in the US and not here, considering 98% of things in the US are made in China.

Ubiquitous in the US, but don't recall ever seeing them in SEA.

Never looked for them in stores here previously.

Edited by JimmyJ

I wonder if the heat build up from the 240 plugs makes them use the power strip? Old houses & overloaded power strips are common.....

An appliance extension would be capable, but only one receptacle/plug.....

Amorn has some stout extension cords with a circular end that houses a regular heavy duty plug receptacle like your wall receptacle....We have 2 we use outside, well pump, fountain, etc..... They've worked for years & still appear like new.... Despite being outside....

@JimmyJ

After I looked at your post I see constantly advertisement about such cable.

And now one in Thailand. Now you can buy it locally.

https://www.thaiwatsadu.com/th/product/ปลั๊กต่อพ่วงพร้อมสาย-LUZINO-รุ่น-BOGTH515|B-TW-มอก-ขนาด-5-เมตร-สีดำ-60314353

• Like 1

I beleive Saha Faifa has something suitable.  A few km past Promenada going away from CM city   

Saha Electric Supply
053 128 473
https://maps.app.goo.gl/6GjptP4jgmxxNCg2A

A few weeks ago, I saw they have pre-assbled heavy duty extension cords with 2 or 4 outlets in a rubber shock-resistant box.   If you don't like the exact configuration or length, you can buy all the pieces at Saha Faifa and 3-conductor VCT cable cut to length and assemble it yourself.  I did it that way because i wanted 30m long 3x2.5 sq. mm. conductors.  I don't remember the exact lengths or conductor sizes on the pre-assembled cables. This pic looks similar to the type of assembly they sell at Saha Faifa (except it has only 2 wires -- no ground)

https://images.app.goo.gl/vuRBrk3QjtyoMKcQ8

When you buy, check the labels printed on the cable to confirm if it actually has 3 conductors inside and if the plugs and sockets on both ends have a ground pin.  A lot of these extension cords and power strips will accept a 3 pin device but the ground goes nowhere.

1 hour ago, captainjackS said:

This pic looks similar to the type of assembly they sell at Saha Faifa (except it has only 2 wires -- no ground)

https://images.app.goo.gl/vuRBrk3QjtyoMKcQ8

That's not what OP is looking for. These can by the way be bought at every Global House or Homepro, maybe even Big C or Tesco.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Thanks 1

i know you want to buy locally, not sure why, because by the time you were waiting for any answers here and replying, Lazada could have delivered to your door exactly what you were looking for.  Additionally, saving your time and now expensive petrol, driving around trying to find them.

I have purchased several of what you want on Lazada, for a cheaper price than you could ever find at Home Pro, etc---they have them in various lengths, colors, etc.  What one wants here is not always available "locally".  While Lazada, some prefer Shopee, isn't Amazon, it is pretty good for this area of the world.  And, with the many purchases over years, i have ordered, there have been very few mistakes.

27 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

It is all about that warm fuzzy feeling you just do not get with the person delivering a package at your gate.

and you think you get that feeling from one of the dozen "workers" that stand around at Home Pro all looking at their phones?  hahahha

2 minutes ago, SammyJ said:

and you think you get that feeling from one of the dozen "workers" that stand around at Home Pro all looking at their phones?  hahahha

I do not consider Home Pro to be a local shop, but I understand that local shops are alien to many.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, pgrahmm said:

I wonder if the heat build up from the 240 plugs makes them use the power strip?

220v will have half the wire size (you are only using half the amperage of 110v) and will be much lighter.  Suspect power strips are used because they have to accept many types of plugs so must be larger area internally.  

On 7/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, Bill97 said:

You need to go to a real electrical supply store like the well known one on Wualai Road .

Nice people. They added connections for me to the wire used for my temporary power hookup. Now have a very long outdoor extension cord. And yes, plugs into very well grounded 3 phase system.

4 hours ago, islandguy said:

Nice people. They added connections for me to the wire used for my temporary power hookup. Now have a very long outdoor extension cord. And yes, plugs into very well grounded 3 phase system.

Do you know the name and address?