Many Thais start to remove face masks in some places, online survey finds

snoop1130

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

I don't know why some people get worked up about others people choice to wear a face mask 

I don't wear one 

When I am  out doing my exercise. walking in a open area

If near people shopping  Malls ect I wear 

My choice

Nobody’s getting worked up about other peoples’ choice to wear face masks, they’re just getting worked up about mandatory face masks. I’m posting from Australia, where about 10% are wearing them inside (and about the same percentage outside!) and have no problems with that. I think it would be great if the fearful continue to wear properly fitted N95 masks and visors.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Nobody’s getting worked up about other peoples’ choice to wear face masks, they’re just getting worked up about mandatory face masks. I’m posting from Australia, where about 10% are wearing them inside (and about the same percentage outside!) and have no problems with that. I think it would be great if the fearful continue to wear properly fitted N95 masks and visors.

Why do you folks believe that wearing a mask means a person is fearfull. Your diatribe is getting to be one of someone who believes it is all a conspiracy....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck…

Sounds like those that are always talking and screaming about having to wear one as it's against there freedoms.....touche

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, timendres said:

I still see every Thai on a motocy passing my place wearing a mask.

Same for those walking on the sidewalks.

I think you're right. People probably only take off their masks when others can't see them, i.e. are not near them. Which kind of makes sense.

2 hours ago, Mad mick said:

Your choice.  As for me can't stand dog cages on my choice mask are at best may !!! protect yourself thats may and may do nothing its A flu herd immunity after so Called forced vaccination what's next Steroliztion ?

I do not understand what dog cages is about.... do you go to a fresh produce market in China maybe?

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I do not understand what dog cages is about.... do you go to a fresh produce market in China maybe?

So many of these anti-maskers that just come out of the woodwork and make very little sense with their statements.  Some just can not accept is has been become normal for some who are not fearful or for those of us who have worn them for years prior to Covid.  Always going to be haters who feel they are personally being attacked.  Waiting for the day one of them tries to remove a mask from the face of a wearer because it bothers them so much, and they get their rear end handed to them.  Never underestimate an older man or woman who has been through many conflicts in his /her lifetime and may know more about personal safety and are taken for a weakling.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The new GF was starting to feel unwell on Sunday.
Yesterday, she went to hospital and tested positive.
She had the queue nr 848 when she arrived at 10am at hospital.
She has a private health insurance and was seen before.

Plenty of people being sick now.
I recovered from Covid after 14 days.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, British Canadian said:

I never wear a mask, because I am protected by my lucky green socks and holy amulet, which have kept me in excellent health since 1975. Government promotion of fear for two years kept people masked, and the fear lingers on. Politicians are ruled by polls, and the less rational citizens are still afraid,  and demand useless masks as a comfort, and so the farce continues.  People wear masks to fit in, rather than using their brains to evaluate the efficacy of tissue paper to block viruses, and hence rejecting their use.

Go on believing that drivel you spouted, it will endear you to many folks who surround you.  Just keep telling them the same thing in person each time you meet a mask wearing individual.

1 hour ago, mnomad said:

Masks are not required on the BTS or to enter the ticketed zone. And no BTS personnel at kiosk, security check or platform will say anything. The official line is "continued mask use is suggested, as recommended by the Public Health authority, thank you for your co-operation". This is just the facts, we all know where you are on the issue.

I still have to see one single person taking the BTS and not wearing a mask.
The only ones I see running around are foreigners.

How would you feel if in your home country, 99% of citizens were a mask and a few Asians are the only ones, without?

No wonder many Thais don't like us.

• Confused 1

On 7/19/2022 at 5:32 AM, snoop1130 said:

Locations where they prefer to remove their face masks include entertainment venues (12.53%), cinemas (10.35%), shopping centres (9.79%), markets (8.95%) and on public transport (8.78%).

no way on this earth are thais removing their masks on public transport,  that wont happen for at least 10 years, if ever.    even though its only a low percentage, there is no way they're nearly 9% not wearing them on public transport.  ive seen thais without masks but never ever on public transport.  wearing them on public transport is here to stay.

cuz in an accident a mask will save you, were as a seatbelt will do nothing and is pointless.  Thais should know,  they have got some of the safest roads in the world

Edited by paulikens
  • Haha 1

Cases are on the rise here whether or not folks want to believe it, todays antigen tested numbers are over 20k cases, read the BP if you want to see one of the articles.  Additionally, a school has closed down now due to many covid infections.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1266456-bangkok-school-suspends-on-site-classes-after-910-students-get-covid-19/

3 minutes ago, sandrew33 said:

I’m unsure what that has to do with masks other than to confirm that even with widespread mask usage Covid comes in waves and they surge. Then they abate. Like every respiratory virus in history. 

The issue is that exposure can be reduced by using a mask, now whether people want to believe that it is up to them.  With cases growing in this new wave, that is not being placed in the media on a wide scale basis and like the rest of the world is also not promoting as before, one just has to ensure they stay vigilant instead of using a carefree and I don't care attitude.  As the Thais say "Up to You", and it really is.  I will continue to do what I think is needed, and no I am not fearful or any of those terms others want to spout. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sandrew33 said:

I’m unsure what that has to do with masks other than to confirm that even with widespread mask usage Covid comes in waves and they surge. Then they abate. Like every respiratory virus in history. 

I blame Mrs. baboon. A mask fanatic, who eventually caught Covid and kindly passed it on to me. Did she isolate at home like she was supposed to? What, and miss pi$$ing it up with her mates? No chance. Out she went, spreading it about. But she had a mask on so that was OK....

Selfish cow. 

• Sad 1