You still think you can live on less than 50k a month month

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

You're wrong.

There's many reasons why folks may have developed good English, perhaps some are in circumstances where they are exposed to English regularly when they are just kids, all meaning that they can easily soak up what they hear and develop languages quickly. 

Some degrees are 4 years, but not all. Some unis offer fast track studies. I've taught at 1 uni in Bkk  where the students attended Monday to Friday and if they wished also attended more courses on Sat or Sun or both. Therefore reducing the total time to say 3 years. 

Nice try but no.

The fact you deflect to some degrees, instead of her degree in accounting means deflecting the truth.

Unless she was born with English speaking parents, no once again.

Your math (say 3 years, is that a guess) doesn't add up professor and neither does your story.

On 7/21/2022 at 2:20 AM, Lacessit said:

I average 55,000 baht per month, that's living as I want to. I could probably pull it back to 30-35K a month without a GF. She's not a big spender, but it all adds up.

The Australian pension is about 48,000 /month on current exchange rates, I don't have much slack to pick up with investment income.

IMO life would a lot more expensive in Pattaya and Bangok, Chiang Rai is cheaper on a number of fronts.

Whats Chiang Rai now compared to 10 years ago?

Seeking Alpha is a good site for articles about high yield stocks. It's a bit of a vanity press in that most of it is written by people who'd like you to buy their newsletters, but the data is sound and the discussions interesting. You can get a free trial.

Morningstar Dividend Newsletter also gives you a free peak. They offer a medium risk model portfolio of stocks and makes conservative buy and sell recco's backed by easy to follow quantitative analysis. You'd come in at around 5% with their picks.

If tanker and mining stocks are such a sure dividend play, why do institutions and pensions never buy them?

I live on that up here in issan no problem depends on your life style we have a beautiful house 2 motorbikes and a new car what else do you want if you are happy    I'll have beer when I want and cook our own grown food and buy farang food couldn't do that in Australia on the pension and we travel around Thailand resorts are cheap if your wife negotiates a price stayed at Chiang khan and it was 500bht a night in a new resort you couldn't get that in Australia

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozz1 said:

I live on that up here in issan no problem depends on your life style we have a beautiful house 2 motorbikes and a new car what else do you want if you are happy    I'll have beer when I want and cook our own grown food and buy farang food couldn't do that in Australia on the pension and we travel around Thailand resorts are cheap if your wife negotiates a price stayed at Chiang khan and it was 500bht a night in a new resort you couldn't get that in Australia

Hotels are 5x higher in oz

Living somewhere is not the same as being on holiday. There is a different mentality. Know one goes to bars everyday back home. Maybe 1-2 times a week at best!  Going to googo bars would be like an occasional strip club at home. I don’t do that more than once every couple of months. 

Inflation is everywhere. It is why local people to a country are looking to move to a cheaper country to stretch out their dollars (partly driving up prices where they land).

So yes, 50k is doable unless you are a local living on a local salary in which case, you would be looking to move to a cheaper country than your own.

Most expats (with foreign income stream) should be fine with the weak baht offsetting some of the inflation.