[VIDEO]: Dual Pricing Controversy; New Tourism promotion 

webfact

image.jpeg

video screenshot

At Thailand Chitchat we explain the new promotions on offer by the Thai Government until the end of October, and how hotels are being asked to follow dual pricing. What is the reaction from hoteliers and how do you feel about dual pricing in Thailand?

-- 2022-07-21

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Dual pricing? Thailand? Never in a lifetime. The bottle neck is on top of the bottle and as long as the goons and clowns in the government are actively fanning the "dirty farang" and "alien" fire, the uneducated Khon Thai (75% of the population, to be nice) will follow suit! 

I can name literally dozens of local residents, having lived here for decades, who are voting with their feet. 

I wonder what it takes for a dirty farang operator of a restaurant to introduce the "Thai surcharge" ..... Hotel accommodation though is easier as they are dying by the dozens every day. 

Good luck, Thailand, dream of 30, 40, 100 or 250 million tourists ......

Dual Pricing 01.jpg

Dual Pricing 02.jpg

Dual Pricing 03 .jpg

Dual Pricing 06.jpg

Dual Pricing 08.jpg

Dual Pricing 09.jpg

Dual Pricing 10.jpg

Dual Pricing 11.jpg

Dual Pricing 12.jpg

Dual Pricing 13.jpg

Dual Pricing 14.jpg

Dual Pricing 24.jpg

Dual Pricing 25.jpg

Dual Pricing 26.jpg

Dual Pricing 27.jpg

Dual Pricing 28.jpg

Dual Pricing 29.jpg

Dual Pricing 30.jpg

Dual Pricing 31.jpg

Dual Pricing 32.jpg

Dual Pricing 33.jpg

Dual Pricing 34.jpg

Dual Pricing 35.jpg

Dual Pricing 36.jpg

Dual Pricing 37.jpg

Dual Pricing 38.jpg

Dual Pricing 40.jpg

Dual Pricing 41.jpg

Dual Pricing 42.jpg

Dual Pricing 44.jpg

Dual Pricing 45.jpg

Dual Pricing 47.jpg

Dual Pricing 48.jpg

Dual Pricing 49.jpg

Dual Pricing 50.jpg

Dual Pricing 51.jpg

Dual Pricing 52.jpg

Dual Pricing 53.jpg

Dual Pricing 54.jpg

Dual Pricing 55.jpg

Dual Pricing 56.jpg

Dual Pricing 57.jpg

Dual Pricing 58.jpg

Dual Pricing 59.jpg

Dual Pricing 60.jpg

Dual Pricing 61.jpg

Dual Pricing 62.jpg

Dual Pricing 63.jpg

Dual Pricing 64.jpg

Dual Pricing 65.jpg

Dual Pricing 66.jpg

Dual Pricing 67.jpg

Dual Pricing 68.jpg

Silly comments  about 'dirty farang' make your  post unreadable. It's a bit hysterical but I don't know anybody who cares about 'double pricing '. We get so  much free  stuff here and Thailand  is so  cheap. 'Double pricing' is not an issue.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Silly comments  about 'dirty farang' make your  post unreadable. It's a bit hysterical but I don't know anybody who cares about 'double pricing '. We get so  much free  stuff here and Thailand  is so  cheap. 'Double pricing' is not an issue.

You recently got out of a coma or you just don't get the point. A lot of foreigners care about it due to the fact that it is discriminating.

So if you mention it's still cheap you're missing the point, my advice to you is finish primary school first and then come back.

ps.  it's called dual pricing not double pricing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

I wonder what it takes for a dirty farang operator of a restaurant to introduce the "Thai surcharge" ..... 

Do ridiculously priced Thai food, at a western restaurant, with quite reasonably priced western fare, count as dual pricing.

Propietor realizing the Thai wife or GF or rental won't order western food, so charge silly price for Thai offering.

When you can order a <200 baht nice burger or meat pie, but som tam is 150 baht, or fried rice 150 baht, there something wrong.

Dual pricing is a hard pill to swallow, but what really surprises me is the lengths they go to make sure it's fully inclusive looking at the infographic above - imagine the "meeting of understanding" they had when they found out there's still 1% of farang that are getting Thai price due to a drivers license / work permit - let's make sure this is stamped out - cant have any of them getting through.

It's clearly a very sneaky practice, and it can't be framed as a locals discount when they use thai alphabet letters to mask the shame.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tom Vanderlay said:

"Free stuff" ?  What is that about?  And I for one do care about dual pricing.  It's racist and xenophobic.  Especially unfair for those of us who live and work here and pay taxes to upkeep some of these places.  Horrible practice.

For me it is rather indicative how we are in a xenophobic society, that does not grasp there is an issue with such practices. To the extent  people in authority may well promote them to curry favour.